The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
CALLING ALL SUNDAY CUPPERS!!!! except ade he's getting his nails done tonight, haha I'll be running a Le Mans practice later on, grab one of the cars from our class and join us as we prepare for what has to be the biggest challenge we've faced. Pick anything except the lotus, we need to see how we stack up against other drivers in the other cars.

CALLING ALL SUNDAY CUPPERS!!!! except ade he's getting his nails done tonight, haha I'll be running a Le Mans practice later on, grab one of the cars from our class and join us as we prepare for what has to be the biggest challenge we've faced. Pick anything except the lotus, we need to see how we stack up against other drivers in the other cars.

wish I could join!!:(

Looks like there has been an update to the B.O.P.
BoP.png

The little lotus has some junk in the trunk now:sly::mischievous:

Looks like there has been an update to the B.O.P.
View attachment 178798
The little lotus has some junk in the trunk now:sly::mischievous:

Don't know who's organising this event, but they need to get their act together, has someone been crying to his friend that the lotus is too quick around corners?
I bet they never mentioned that it's slower on the straights.
As a friend said, 'the other teams should be looking at their drivers not the cars'.

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to a visit to the emergency out of hours doctors with my daughter last night, my mega busy night has now become tonight, so its very doughtful I will get on. From tomorrow though, I will be free each evening to help with these trials.

There seems to be quite a bit of controversy on the Lemans page regarding this change to the BoP. The merc and the bmw have lost a lot of power, and our Elise has put on a few pounds. It would be interesting to see if this gain in weight has any effect on the amount of laps we can do on a tank of fuel. Previously it was 18, and if this has changed, we need to rethink our pit stop strategy.

So far our testing using the old Bop has shown we have an edge over the others in class, so it will be interesting to see how this has changed. The weight that has been added is more like the true weight of this car in real life.

So, As Warren said above.....Calling all Sunday Cuppers, please help out when you can. This is a massive challenge, and we need you to help us over the next week/10 days.

As soon as I can I'll be testing all the cars, again.
This is a joke. The cars should have been left alone after the last weeks practice. There were differences but they sure can run in the same class.

Your all going to get bored of my posts here but oh well, if your about tonight and fancy some laps and a laugh, then join us ade myself or Warren will have a room going, need to get the team as much practice on here as we can.

Trying my best, got my nephew Phoenix!? staying with us this week. He's been winning me some offline cash in novice champ. Try get on tonight. Honest.

Last nights sessions saw some longer runs using the other cars in our class. It was interesting to see the different tyre/fuel distances. I will be on again tonight from about 8.30pm. A bit later than yesterday, because I have just had a skype conversation with the race organizers. I have also posted on their thread about the UPnP settings. More of the same tonight, but I will only have just over an hour or so, due to having to work tomorrow.

Awesome practice tonight guys. Massive thanks to all who came to help us. 9 on track, including all 4 racers who will be taking part. It was great to get on track for 5 lap races with the other cars in our class. Tomorrow is Type R cup practice, so our sessions at Lemans will resume next week. I will be available every night, including Monday. Over the weekend I will knock up a spreadsheet with driver stints, and approximate pit stop/driver change slots. Once again gents, thank you for your help and commitment.

I see another 20kg and lower power345bhp has been put on us......whats going on....?..... at this rate we would be better off in Dowlins Mario kart....

You would of thought the regs would off been pratically sorted before they were posted, espicially with a week to go.

I'll try and join again before the race good luck.

Better watch out for those blue shells :lol:
Better than a big yellow Bee:)

You would of thought the regs would off been pratically sorted before they were posted, espicially with a week to go.

I'll try and join again before the race good luck.

Better than a big yellow Bee:)

It was really great to have you join us last night. I have posted on the Lemans thread regarding the changes. We will get some more sessions on the go next week, and also decide which day we will do the quali's.

OK guys, its race week. The countdown has begun, and these will be our final few days to get this right. I will open a lobby tonight at 8.30pm, earlier if I can. Also tomorrow. Wednesday I am out for a meal so I wont be on.

Qualifying also starts this week, so please let me know which nights suit you best. I would propose that we spend tonight and tomorrow testing the new BoP, and then you guys enter for quali on Wednesday and/or Thursday. All the info is on the 24 hr thread. I also need to get Dowlins poster finished, and the driver change timetable done.

We then have Friday free for one last late night session. We can use this to test the driver change procedures, including taking the pictures of your screens before, and after your stints.

Great practice tonight. Not many on track, but we came up with a plan for the driver changes. Below is a spreadsheet, broken into the hours, and 10 minute intervals. Please take a look guys, and let me know what you think. The grey squares are an indication of when the next driver on track should be preparing to race. There is a 20 minute prep time, but the next driver may be called to race before that 20 minutes is up.

24 HOUR TIMETABLE.PNG

Last edited:
Unfortunately some real life has come up tonight, and I have to go out. I wont be back until after 9.30pm, so it wont be worth me getting on then. If anyone wants to open up a lobby, feel free, and message anyone else who is on. Tomorrow I have a meal to go to, so I wont be on then either.

We need to do the quali session, so Thursday would be our last chance for this. Will and Warren are OK with this, so if @J Daniels and @Dowlin39 could confirm, I will book the time slots. Each driver gets 15 minutes to record their best time at Sarthe in the dark on their own. I will also have a lobby open, so you can join my room before and after the session. I am proposing that we book the times from 8.45pm, and each driver goes in every 15 minutes. Everyone taking part needs to add GTP_NEMO to their friends list.

Then Friday will be our final night of practice. I will be hosting until late. We will be running a mixed class 10 lap race, and it would be great if we could get as many on track as possible in the different cars. Those entering the Lemans 24 hour race will be in their Elises. Everyone else is free to choose from the list below. Sunday Cuppers, this will be your last chance to help us on this challenge, and it may be the best chance some of you get to beat the fastest Sunday Cuppers we have.

24bop.png

Last edited:
OK guys, Im now off for a curry, so before I go here is the program for tomorrows qualifications.

8.00pm My lobby will open. If you want to join from then, please do. Then the timetable is as follows. Each driver will leave my lobby and join GTP_NEMO s lobby for qualifying at the times below.

8.45pm Weescotman

9.00pm Theewar

9.15pm SokaracingGT

9.30pm Dowlin

After each racer has run their quali laps, please return to my lobby.

See you all tomorrow. Its nearly time.

EAT SLEEP RACE REPEAT

OK guys, tonight is quali night. My lobby will be open from 8.00pm. First up for quali will be Weescotman at 8.45pm. You will get 1 out lap, followed by 2 hotlaps. Theewar may begin his outlap, when Will has begun his first hotlap. The same applies to Soka and Dowlin. you may begin your outlaps when the racer in front of you has started their first Hotlaps. But remember to give them enough time so that you dont end up catching up with each other. Track boundaries are 2 wheels inside the white lines, and if you do go a bit over, just lift a little bit afterwards, so the lap will still count. I will go over all of this in the lobby before you go into the quali session.

IMPORTANT.....You will all need to take a photo of your screen at the end of you quali session, before you exit back to the lobby. This will give us all the times you have logged on you runs. These picture then need to be PMd to AJ, so he can work out our average fastest 2 laps. alternatively you can send them to me on facebook, and I will send them over to him.

I have had a skype conversation with AJ today to go over the procedure, and also to discuss the start procedure. I will be driving the pace car for the start of the race on Saturday.

Last edited:
Well, quali is done. That was nervous guys, and as you all left my lobby to go and set your laps, I felt an enormous sense of pride. We are really doing this. Haha, a real 24 hour endurance race. I have submitted all your quali pics to AJ, so we will have to wait and see where we get placed.

Massive thanks to everyone who has helped out with this, whether it be practicing in different class cars, to making posters for this event, you have all been amazing.

Tomorrow will be our last chance to nail our lap times, and we will run a 10 lap race with all classes of cars.

On race day, I will be running the pace car for the formation lap, and after that, I will be running the live timing live stream. I will update tomorrow with more details of this.

The race will also be live streamed by Wardez, and when I get his live stream link, I will post it in here.

Sunday Cuppers...........I never expected my humble series that was started nearly 3 years ago would come to this. This is Mega. Thank you all so much for being a part of this.

Final practice tonight will see us test our strategy for tomorrows race. I now have a plan B to discuss with you all. We will also be running a 12 lap race, with a mixed grid. Hopefully we should have a good number in, so any Sunday Cuppers who wish to help in this final evening of Lemans practice, feel free to join us. My lobby will be open from 8.30pm tonight.

Race day. GTP_NEMO s lobby.

12:24:00 - Lobby Open
12:25:00 - Broadcast Team joins lobby
12:30:00 - Start of Broadcast

12:30:00 - Car x joins lobby
12:35:00 - Car x joins lobby
12:40:00 - Car x joins lobby
12:45:00 - Car x joins lobby
12:50:00 - Car x joins lobby
12:55:00 - Car x joins lobby
13:00:00 - Car x joins lobby
13:05:00 - Car x joins lobby
13:10:00 - Car x joins lobby
13:15:00 - Car x joins lobby
13:20:00 - Car x joins lobby

13:25:00 - Track Open for installation laps only (i.e. no flying laps)
13:45:00 - Track Closed

13:49:59 - Race Lobby settings loaded

13:50:01 - Course Car leaves pits at 50mph/80kph

13:51:00 - Car x leaves pits
13:51:20 - Car x leaves pits
13:51:40 - Car x leaves pits
13:52:00 - Car x leaves pits
13:52:20 - Car x leaves pits
13:52:40 - Car x leaves pits
13:53:00 - Car x leaves pits
13:53:20 - Car x leaves pits
13:53:40 - Car x leaves pits
13:54:00 - Car x leaves pits
13:54:20 - Car x leaves pits
13:54:40 - Car x leaves pits

13:59:50 - Course Car enters pits
14:00:00 - Green Flag

Also racers will need to follow the below process for driver changes. Please also take a look at the Lemans 24 thread OP, just to make sure you all are up to speed on everything.

DRIVER CHANGES - NETWORK TEAMS ONLY

1 - DRIVER 1 enters the Pits.
2 - DRIVER 1 dismisses Pit Stop Options menu.
3 - DRIVER 1 takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).
4 - DRIVER 1 leaves the Track and returns to the Lobby.
5 - DRIVER 1 leaves the Lobby.
6 - DRIVER 2 enters Lobby.
7 - DRIVER 2 selects his car and joins the track.
8 - DRIVER 2 takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).
9 - DRIVER 2 leaves the pits.

1 - DRIVER 2 enters the pits.

Due to the starting procedure having a pace lap, our driver change timetable will be affected. please see the amended table below.

driver timetable.PNG

When each of you have finished your stints, send the pictures to me, and I will forward them to AJ. I will be doing the live timing stream, and will keep a note of your laps on a spreadsheet aswell.

Lat nights quali saw everyone beat the competition in our class. Excellent stuff guys, really proud of you. Below is an updated qualification table, with all the times added.

PQ.png

I have been in communication with the organizers this morning, and they are proposing a competitive waiver for the BMW. An additional 20 BHP will be permitted to the BMW, as it was well off the pace. I have compared the old vs new spec, and it makes hardly any difference. It certainly wont affect us. This proposal has to be agreed by myself and the Mercedes team.

Also, a late entry in class is being considered. The Audi R8 LMS, @400BHP and 1350kgs. This has to be agreed by myself, and the other teams in our class. If it is not, then the new team will be racing in a second Mercedes.

Attachments

• driver timetable.PNG
    driver timetable.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'll be on tonight with LMP1 Toyota. Dowlin's reaction showed me that you need that experience when they start to lap you because when they get behind you it always looks like they came out of nowhere. That surprise can lead to a disaster and ruin your race.

Looking at their quali times I think they are very skilful drivers, so you shouldn't have any problems with P1 guys except maybe with Peugeot teams, Old Rosie and Team Snail. They are well off pace, but I'm hoping they're all very patient and don't give you any trouble.

Back