The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Ok racers. Several of us will be attending Silverstone this coming weekend, where Capt D will be recieving his SCIV prizes. Im looking forward to a great day of motorsport, and meeting Sunday Cuppers. Dont forget to PM me mobile numbers, on here, or facebook, so we can arrange to meet once there.

Racing news........Following on from our entry into the 24 heures Du Mans, I have received a private invitation for the team to attend 2 future endurance races.

L12S24.png

These events would be held in a very similar way to Lemans, but with more control over time keeping. I like the sound of whats to come, but its up to you guys. The classes have been reduced, and our little Elise is allowed.

London 12 Hour (Brands Hatch GP)
13-14 September
GT4 & GT Cup

To give us some food for thought, this Friday I will hold a track day at Brands, using the Lemans spec Lotus Elise. Lots of short race practice runs, and reverse grid races. Lobby will be open from 8.30 pm.

Wish I could join you guys with a little non-Lotus competition on Friday, but work is first. Can't wait to race everyone at Brands Hatch :-).

Ok racers. Several of us will be attending Silverstone this coming weekend, where Capt D will be recieving his SCIV prizes. Im looking forward to a great day of motorsport, and meeting Sunday Cuppers. Dont forget to PM me mobile numbers, on here, or facebook, so we can arrange to meet once there.

Racing news........Following on from our entry into the 24 heures Du Mans, I have received a private invitation for the team to attend 2 future endurance races.

View attachment 190689

These events would be held in a very similar way to Lemans, but with more control over time keeping. I like the sound of whats to come, but its up to you guys. The classes have been reduced, and our little Elise is allowed.

London 12 Hour (Brands Hatch GP)
13-14 September
GT4 & GT Cup

To give us some food for thought, this Friday I will hold a track day at Brands, using the Lemans spec Lotus Elise. Lots of short race practice runs, and reverse grid races. Lobby will be open from 8.30 pm.
Sounds good. I'm up for some cup'er action 👍

I'm in for London 12 hour race.

Awesome!

What about Evora, can't we use it?

Unfortunately we cant use it. All cars have to be race/ or race modified variants. This is to do with the downforce available to front and rear of the vehicle. All I know at the moment, is that there are 2 classes of car, and the Elise 111R is available in both. So this tells me there will be a super light weight, with a decent power pack in GT4 class (max speed 170), and a slightly heavier alternative with less power in the GT Cup class (max speed 155). All eligible cars are currently being tested for their BoP, so I have no further details at the moment. So I suggest for Friday's track day at Brands Hatch, that we stick to the Lemans tune of 345 bhp, and 920kgs, as this gave us a similar top end as the GT4 class car. As further details become available, I will pass them on.

Tonight we had a few laps at Brands in prep for tomorrows track day. We started with the Lamans tuned Elise, but quickly changed this. The turbo was removed, to give us 286 BHP, and the ballast came off, to give 720KG. Also, tyres were swaped to RH. This balanced the car much more, so tomorrows track day will run at these settings.

8.00pm lobby open.

Short races, and practice sessions.

9.30pm. 20 lap race.

10pm approx...short break

10.10pm 20 lap race with reverse grid from previous race.

No prizes, no points, Bragging rights are all thats on offer.

What a great day at Silverstone. It was awesome to meet fellow racers face to face. Thank you to all who came and made the day a success.

Club Lotus group picture.

group banner.jpg

Capt_D receiving The Sunday Cup.

podium Capt D.jpg

Podium group picture.

podium group.jpg

The day after the event, NOMAD and Teh_Lotus enjoyed a visit to Hethel, and a tour of the factory.

factory visit.jpg

Special thanks to GC Gary, who funded the ticket as the prize, and again to everyone else who made the day. Myself and Lindsey (Mrs3210) enjoyed ourselves immensely.

However, it was very sad to hear the news that driver Denis Welch, sadly lost his life in the pre 1966 classic Grand Prix race we were watching just before I left.

R.I.P, and condolences to his family.

What a great day at Silverstone. It was awesome to meet fellow racers face to face. Thank you to all who came and made the day a success.

Club Lotus group picture.

View attachment 194672

Capt_D receiving The Sunday Cup.

View attachment 194677

Podium group picture.

View attachment 194678

The day after the event, NOMAD and Teh_Lotus enjoyed a visit to Hethel, and a tour of the factory.

Special thanks to GC Gary, who funded the ticket as the prize, and again to everyone else who made the day. Myself and Lindsey (Mrs3210) enjoyed ourselves immensely.

However, it was very sad to hear the news that driver Denis Welch, sadly lost his life in the pre 1966 classic Grand Prix race we were watching just before I left.

R.I.P, and condolences to his family.

I look like such a t**t,
Yes, very sad to hear about Mr Welch. At least he died doing something he loved, can't think of a better way to go.
Just looked through Official Racecard, and noticed Denis Welch was driving a Lotus 18 375.

Last edited:
Just realised that I didn't thank Ade for his hospitality after the Silverstone meet up, and for the Lotus Factory tour.
You and your family are great Ade ( Wife and daughter crazy as) we had a great time and will remember it for a long time. It was also nice to put faces to names, feel a bit guilty that I never said bye to GTGary, his son, Sholsey and his better half, and last but not least GCGary.
Cheers Mate (y)

Just realised that I didn't thank Ade for his hospitality after the Silverstone meet up, and for the Lotus Factory tour.
You and your family are great Ade ( Wife and daughter crazy as) we had a great time and will remember it for a long time. It was also nice to put faces to names, feel a bit guilty that I never said bye to GTGary, his son, Sholsey and his better half, and last but not least GCGary.
Cheers Mate (y)

All part of The Sunday Cup service mate. Your welcome mate. 👍👍👍

OK guys, time for some news. After careful consideration, I have decided that I will not be entering a team into the endurance events planned for later this year. I have mentioned this already to some of you. My reasons for this are.........The Sunday Cup is for all of us, and by doing theses endurance events, I feel I would be going away from our core values. 24 heures Du Mans was a lot of fun, and an awesome experience. However I want to concentrate on providing a good quality racing league. Taking 4 racers, and taking part in the 24 hours was a benchmark for all of us involved, and is probably my highlight of doing this for nearly 3 years, but it did take an enormous amount of time and preparation. If I entered another team into the next 2 endurance races, I would not be able to provide any more racing this year. That being said, I would very much like to enter a team into next years 24 heures Du Mans race.

So for now, its time to start ramping up again. Type R Cup is entering its final 2 races, so its time to get the ball rolling for the rest of the year ahead. Sunday Cup Reloaded 2 is on the way. We will be using the cars from seasons 1, 2 and 3 this time, with 2 events for each car. Each event will have 2 races. A 15 minute sprint race with no pit stop required. Then we RELOAD the grid with a 45 minute full race with a pit stop requirement, using reverse grid from race 1. There will be 6 race events in total, taking us up to the end of November.

I do have something in mind for some very special events during the Christmas period which Im sure you will all like, but more about that nearer the time.

Then into the new year. Traditionally, Sunday Cup full seasons start in February, and Sunday Cup V will be no exception. A brand new full 8 race season will begin in February 2015.

So gents, sign up for RELOADED is now open. You all have positions reserved, but please can you confirm your grid place in the thread, so I can add it in the OP. More details will be released in the coming weeks regarding specs, tracks, and tyres.

BANNER.PNG

Last edited:
This will get me back on the bubble. Been very shabby I know. Been tuning the whole garage, and sucked into money grinding for cars. As I do like cars eh!. The car collector came out in me, like it always does with a GT. This will be my saviour.

Finally can get new livery out, not chosen yet. So might match new race suit with it, so maybe new driver pic. Or not.

Nice looking format ADE! I'm in.

Back