The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
AM I IN, Ade?

First reloaded I finished in 2nd place with two podiums, in front of my favorite two rivals. ;)
They are already in so I am in. Wouldn't miss a challenge of finishing in front of you two again. :sly:

Also it's in GT6 now, so this is a great opportunity to see how cars are different to GT5 and where can I finish this time.

I'll be doing it in my mean green colors with #22 on my cars.

Of course you are mate. Everyone who took part in Sunday Cup 4 has a place reserved. 👍
I now, I now. I'm just confirming it to you before I forget or all of the gtplanet members start thinking to join. :gtpflag:

I don't think I'm one of the two :lol:

No, but you have your two rivals. You don't have to be jealous. :sly:
The only thing that's too bad is that they can not drive together.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmations and colours/numbers guys. As promised, here is some more news regarding the new Reloaded season.

Firstly though, Reloaded is not a full championship season. It is a series of race events that take place between full seasons of Sunday Cup. Points will be awarded for each event, and there will be an overall winner at the end, but we will not be racing for the coveted SUNDAY CUP, currently held by GTP_CAPT_D. That will happen early next year.

Therefore, to avoid any confusion, Reloaded events will not carry a number, like full Sunday Cup seasons do. This winter series will be known as SUNDAY CUP RELOADED EUROPEAN TOUR.

So, we will travel through Europe, using 3 previous Sunday Cup cars. Each car will be used for 2 events, 1 city circuit, and 1 racing circuit. There will be 2 races for each event, One 15 minute sprint race, followed by a 45 minute pit stop/tyre change race. Points will be awarded for each race in the usual manner. The winner of the series will be the racer who has acquired the most points at the end of the series. As stated above, you wont be racing for the SUNDAY CUP TROPHY, however there may be some prizes available for the top three. (More about that later, depends what I can pull off)

Anyway guys, here we are. The first 2 events are posted below.

EVENT 1 + 2.PNG

Hi Ade

Almost certainly too late for this series but had you considered running teams (two drivers) in the next Sunday Cup? It would add an extra element to the points table / results and, being totally selfish, could help the more 'novice' drivers, like me, with things like set-up and even driving lines. Obviously as best we could there should be a 'balancing' of drivers to ensure we don't have a Red-Bull situation (OK, not this year!)

Would be interesting to hear other thoughts on this.

Al

I'm sure there will be room for you Alistair, and if you want to get some practice in just send me a message and I'll get a room going and see if I can help you out. :D

Rosen, there is always a place for you here mate. great to hear from you.

Nomad has confirmed via PM, so we are looking very busy guys.

Hi Ade

Almost certainly too late for this series but had you considered running teams (two drivers) in the next Sunday Cup? It would add an extra element to the points table / results and, being totally selfish, could help the more 'novice' drivers, like me, with things like set-up and even driving lines. Obviously as best we could there should be a 'balancing' of drivers to ensure we don't have a Red-Bull situation (OK, not this year!)

Would be interesting to hear other thoughts on this.

Al

The team aspect is certainly something that has crossed my mind in the past. It would be great to be able to run a drivers and team championship, so it would work out like a sort of constructors award for the winning team. The only thing that has deterred me from this is that everyone would have to make every race, for it to work out fairly across the entire season. From previous experience, I have found this to be impossible, as real life sometimes gets in the way, and also we have seen new racers sign up, only to take part in a few races, and then vanish without a trace when they dont win every race they take part in. That is a credit to you Al, in the fact that you joined us for SC4, and made every race, and then Type R cup, as well as all the practicing you put in.

So if the team idea wont work, maybe I can come up with an alternative plan to run alongside a series, where the faster racers are buddied up with the more novice guys, to help them with set ups, racing lines, etc. Kind of like a master and apprentice scheme which could yield points for the most successful partnership over the season, but run separately from the championship table. 👍👍👍

OK then, I've had a count up, and it seems there are only 2 grid positions left. That is fantastic. Looks like we are going to be in for some busy racing.

Last edited:
If you ca
Thanks for the confirmations and colours/numbers guys. As promised, here is some more news regarding the new Reloaded season.

Firstly though, Reloaded is not a full championship season. It is a series of race events that take place between full seasons of Sunday Cup. Points will be awarded for each event, and there will be an overall winner at the end, but we will not be racing for the coveted SUNDAY CUP, currently held by GTP_CAPT_D. That will happen early next year.

Therefore, to avoid any confusion, Reloaded events will not carry a number, like full Sunday Cup seasons do. This winter series will be known as SUNDAY CUP RELOADED EUROPEAN TOUR.

So, we will travel through Europe, using 3 previous Sunday Cup cars. Each car will be used for 2 events, 1 city circuit, and 1 racing circuit. There will be 2 races for each event, One 15 minute sprint race, followed by a 45 minute pit stop/tyre change race. Points will be awarded for each race in the usual manner. The winner of the series will be the racer who has acquired the most points at the end of the series. As stated above, you wont be racing for the SUNDAY CUP TROPHY, however there may be some prizes available for the top three. (More about that later, depends what I can pull off)

Anyway guys, here we are. The first 2 events are posted below.

If you can pull my wife's knickers off I'll give you a prize lol

The team aspect is certainly something that has crossed my mind in the past. It would be great to be able to run a drivers and team championship, so it would work out like a sort of constructors award for the winning team.
This is my idea of how the points might work: In the event of 2nd team member not being able to race and only on the basis that they had previously messaged the race organiser, that person would receive the next available points after all participating racers had been allocated theirs. In the event that their are more than one 'no shows' then their points will be allocated in the order that their respective team mates finished. The above would also allow any 'privateers' to build up team points without a partner. Any points allocated in the process above would count only for team, not individual point tables.

Al ;-)

OK guys, not long to go. Im on holiday, and will be back home on the 6th September. First official practice will be on Sunday 7th, although Im sure most of you will have got plenty of laps in by then. See you all in a week.

Back