The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 451,154 views
Not the best start for me then I had to take a phone call!

I'm only hoping that I'll get used (and a better setup) for my Evora as the real season rolls on!

I'm all over the place with this fully tuned version from the off! :eek:

I'm I correct in thinking something went wrong with the time settings? We started in the dark....


My setup is diabolical for this tune, I just can't find that sweet spot with handling versus speed :indiff:
 
Last edited:
OmniusGT
I'm I correct in thinking something went wrong with the time settings? We started in the dark....

Having read this, I think that all the pre-race (free run et al) factors in, when set up initially.
 
Yeah but I thought that time would have been set to allow for the race starting at the desired time thats all :)
 
I thought that too, but I've only done one online race with time progression on before now. So I'm not sure on all the finer points.
 
Still I enjoyed trying some 'commentating' towards the end :D Not the race I had planned, but at least I was envolved somehow 👍
 
Well done guys. That was awesome. There was a slight glitch with the start, with it being dark. We will just put that down to it being winter, and it gets dark at about 4, haha. Was kinda good finishing with the fireworks though. From what I was reading on the feed from those spectating, the battles up front were epic. Well done to the podium, and special congrats go to TPE-RUS for taking the win on his debut Sunday Cup race. As usual I will post all final results tomorrow, for now its time to enjoy the champagne. Well done.👍👍👍

PODIUMLEMANS_zps06ea1191.png
 
Last edited:
It was quite interesting starting in the dark! and then nice at the end too! haha.

TBH i hate my set up too, the car tuned to the max, I automatically went for rock hard springs with GT/LMP type frame of mind, don't know why.

Lotus= Nimble Derr!

Might start off at softer springs maybe.

Shin and Dowlin..what was your approach? don't have to say. Oh and TPE-Rus, Dowlin and Hancock well done lads!!!


Great racing..
 
Thank you guys:)

I had a great time tonight,really enjoy it.

At the begining I had connection problems which one cost me better starting position.I had 4.03.4 on first flyer with lost of 0.7s in last sector...
I started 8th on soft tires.Start was good and calm, but later I overbraked myself twice on mulsanne straight.
There was allot of great close racing with many changes of position.
Pace was good on softs but night time took some speed of.Went to pit stop in lap 6 for some hards and took 13l.
I was alone for 2 lap and than the fun starts again with few cars exiting pits.Racing was great till my tires didnt started to loose grip.
I had few mistakes,one when my phone ring and another just before I meant to pit.I started to think hove much fuel should I take and went wide in porsche curves.
Hancoclc, it was not your foult, you didnt have to whait, but thank you for your concern:tup:
Anyway I took 40l and luckly it was just how much I needed.
After that I just had to push.I hit a 4.02 and drove few laps in 4.03
I catch Dowlin in the end of 23lap and pass him on starting line and that about it.

I'm really happy how I manage to keep concetration for almost 2 hours.
I expectet great race but not this great.
Great introduction for upcoming seasson,can't whait:)

Thank you all for a great time
 
Wow what a fun race that was! :) thanks for organising it Ade, was a cracking event (looking at the replay you had an exciting last corner overtake!)

Unfortunately myself and Dowlin touched on the first lap and my car ended up speering off (we don't seem to have much joy when we are near each other on the first lap usually down to lag, but this time was just a racing incident and these things happen). At least it didn't harm his fight for the win :)

I was having a good battle for 8th place up until about lap 14, but my last couple of laps on SS tyres were a nightmare, I overheated them on several occasions resulting in numerous offs, which then need meant the remainder of the race was a fairly quiet one. Will put that down to experience! But I did enjoy some of the close battles I had in the early laps battling for 7th position I believe.

Thanks all for a great race :)
 
Congrats to Petros for the win.. I enjoyed watching the race, lots of action up front early on.. 👍
 
Thanks again to everyone who attended last nights race. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Having had a look through the replays, there were some awesome moments throughout the race with loads of close battles going on all the way through. I started in P11 after leaving the track to add a few minutes to the timer to allow SHIN and TPE to rejoin. My race started not as I had planned, having not factored it being dark at the start, and my first few laps were very ragged as I tried to regain a bit of composure. That didnt happen until it started to get light, and by then I only had a few laps to go on the sport soft tyre I started on. With the slower tyre out of the way, I tried to make up some ground, and caught up with TROTTER and OMNIUS before they both retired. Then in the later stages of the race, I was most surprised to be gifted a position by SHIN_ROH, who had unfortunately miscalculated his intake of fuel. Big respect to SHIN for limping all the way back to the pits, and continuing the race. Next up was JAMMYREXand LJC2001, who I caught up to, and only managed to pass JAMMY after he went off the track. By this time my concentration was smashed, and some of my laps were shabby as it got dark again. A couple of times I forgot where I was, and missed braking points. I finally caught up to LJC2001 on the last lap, and only just nicked it on the line after a gruelling 1 hour and 43 minutes.

Now heres last nights results. As there were some new drivers last night, I didnt get time to create the car graphics on the grid and results pics.

24GRID_zps15ec64ce.png


RESULTS_zps2a9d8851.png

TPE-RUS won on his debut Sunday Cup race, well done. But he wasnt the only new racer last night, with FUELMYFIRE, SHOLESY and LJC2001 also making their first appearances. Welcome to The Sunday Cup to all of you.👍👍👍
 
Oh sorry Jammy, I never noticed our incident, unless it was when I went onto the grass before the straight but I thought I did that by myself.

Fantastic race last night guys I really enjoyed it, Congratulations to Petros on your debut victory well done.

I really thought I had this one sown up to be honest, after I recovered from my 1st lap off and managed to work my way back into the lead, I built up almost a 20 second lead as I entered the pits on lap 9. I had decided to use a pretty simple strategy by going 9 laps on both sets of the RH which left me with 6 to do on the SS. I had originally intended on going onto the SS in my middle stint but I thought I should go on the RH again to continue with my good pace. The only thing I didn't factor in was my refueling which I think ended up costing me the race win.

When I entered the pits the first time I decided to fill up my tank again which obviously cost a lot of time but I thought it would be worth it so I wouldn't have to fuel up as much the second time. I was right about that but I didn't expect to be fighting with Hancock, Petros and Shin for my whole second stint. As much fun as it was, It cost me a significant amount of time. But the main thing for me was that I was getting more and more frustrated by the slipstream, because everytime I would pull maybe a second or so away from any of my challengers they would just reel me back in and we would repeat the last laps events. But I suppose these are childish complaints because the slipstream perhaps aided me as much as anyone else. Just in my opinion at least, I felt I had the better car under me, at least through the twisty bits, but it count for naught once we reached the straights. When Shin finally ran out of fuel, it was too late for me as that happened to be my last lap before I had to switch to the SS tyres.

I'm sure at least Omnius noticed that I was blowing my horn and flashing my lights during my last stint as I kept making mistakes, which looking back now, if I hadn't had made, I could have barely kept 1st place. But at the end of the day, I had a blast and I really enjoyed the battles I had with all the newcomers and I'm looking forward to many more and I hope I did nothing to frustrate any of you. 👍

P.S sorry for the wall of text :lol:
 
Dowlin39
Oh sorry Jammy, I never noticed our incident, unless it was when I went onto the grass before the straight but I thought I did that by myself.

No worries, it was at the far end if the circuit, about 2:20 into the lap. You can see it unfold from GTP_cpt_d's car on the replay. Kinda looks quite cool from his perspective so worth a watch. After I'd worked my way up to the heady heights of 4th place on the first lap, I had just re-taken you along the straight and braking into that tricky right hander, I was in front but you braked later but slightly cut across me and touched my nose at the apex of the shallower corner leading into the right hander, which unsettled my car and threw me off the road the other way I to the kitty litter. Ah well at least I can say I got up to 4th place lol! Just a racing incident though. One day the luck might go my way on the first lap!

You almost pulled off the win eh, tough one but it was a hard fought race!

Really enjoyed driving the Evora :)
 
Enjoyed reading your reports, allways nice to see a race from different view.
This track is all about slipstream,which makes race more fun but can cost you time.
Only place to try getaway from slip was last and first sector, I think.
My strategie was to stay in slipstream on softs and later to try add some gap on hards.

Must say this is one of my best races I drove,really satisfied and looking foward to new one.
 
A few pics of The 24 laps of Lemans race. I have been really busy this week, so havnt had a lot of time to plan the pre season race for Jan 6th. I will be doing a few test laps tonight to determine the track we will be using. I can tell you that we will not be using the fully tuned Evora for this race. We will be returning to our original Evora which we will use at the start of S3.


CircuitdelaSarthe2009-1_zpsa4a49941.jpg

The Sunday Cup 24 laps of Lemans starting grid.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1_zps836039db.jpg

Dowlin leads through the first turns.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_2_zps2565ede7.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_3_zpsb07048f1.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_4_zpsd796f53b.jpg

Dowlin going wide up ahead.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_5_zpsb8e52507.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_6_zps3c9c3a5b.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_7_zpsa46a5d57.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_8_zps48f26625.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_9_zps36ff144e.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_11_zps79539727.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_12_zpsf2c7300e.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_13_zpsf77ed9b4.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_14_zps4595d7f9.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_15_zps389b07ba.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_16_zps6e3e89f3.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_17_zpscb280a29.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2009_18_zpsb61a9108.jpg

The race winner, TPE-RUS on his last lap.
​
 
Love the photo range from night to day and back again 👍

The daytime shots look amazingly real :D and it's looking (from the grid shot) we've got a brilliant spread of colour amongst the field too :lol:
 
Nice pics Ade
I noticed different styles of rear wing.I perfer the small one
Also my car color is strange and it changes from originaly green to yellow:)
 
OK racers, I have run some test laps, and below you will find the details for the Sunday Cup pre season warm up race. The race should take us just over 1 hour. As stated before, we will be returning to the starting specs for S3 in this race. I am planning another mega enduro event at the end of S3 in the fully specced Evora, more details of this will be posted as the season progresses.

SPRINTRACE_zps6f84659c.png


caperingspecs_zps3bc19268.png


STARTINGSPEC.png

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
JAMMYREX
TPE-RUS
KOR_HELLRAZOR
FUELMYFIRE
OMNIUS
CAPT.D
COBRIUS
 
Last edited:
Count me in please Ade! :)

Lovely pics of last week's endurance race Btw!
 
Think I should be available.If anything changes I let you now
 
Yum Yum Pigs Bum!

I'll be there of course :D
 
Just so there's no confusion, could you add my inclusion. 👍
 
I'll give this race a try, have an Evora that can fly!
 
Will add you all to the grid, when I get home in a bit.

Its on, like donkey kong.
 
You can edit previous posts by 'holding' on the post you wish to edit (on the app of course)
 
Now home for 10 mins, so all added to the line up. 8 on the grid at the moment. I will be having a practice tonight at 8.00pm. Short notice I know, but if anyones about, feel free to to my lounge.


Registered drivers.

ADE3210
JAMMYREX
TPE-RUS
KOR_HELLRAZOR
FUELMYFIRE
OMNIUS
CAPT.D
COBRIUS
COBANI
 
Ade, count me in this time, but why do al these post rhyme? :)

I'll join you tonight!
 
Back