The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Im planning on doing some time trials starting next week. These will be for the final grid position, but also to give the drivers a bit of pre race preperation. When I find out the specs for the other GT class cars, I would like to try some laps with these. This is to see how we will measure up. At the moment we know we are slower on lap times, but we will make up for this with much lower fuel and tyre wear. Also the Elise is much easier to drive with damage. Anyone is welcome a come and help us in the next few weeks as we prepare for this challenge.

OK guys, some new info has appeared on the 24 hour race thread. The grid is getting fairly full now, with only 1 spot left. We know we are going to be down on lap times, but our little Elise is the most conservative on tyres and fuel. Weescotman has done some tests, and concluded that the Elise can do 18 laps on a tank. The other cars need to re fuel after 10. So over the coming week or 2 we need to come up with a rota. We are looking at 4 drivers over 24 hours. Thats 6 hours each, so 2 stints of around 3 hours each.

So my thoughts as your team principle are, each driver to aim for 1 pit stop during each stint to replenish fuel and tyres. The Elise runs very similar times to the Evora we ran last Friday. Some of you managed to do 26 laps in the 2 hours we ran. So if the Elise can go for 18 laps on a tank, then each driver races for 36 laps, then pits for a driver change. This should give us around 2 3/4 hours for each driver. We need to take advantage of the undercut, and by running 36 lap stints, this will minimize our time spent in the pits and changing drivers. If you guys feel you could manage more than this, then the next step up is to run for 54 laps before the driver change. That will require over 4 hours per stint. Please feel free to discuss in here what you wish to do. I know some of you have said that you would be prepared to run very long stints.

I have worked it out that the race start time on the 12th July is 13.00 GMT, so we need to plan who will start, and what stints people would prefer.

Anyway, some of the new info posted on the thread is below. Any racers who wish to help over the coming weeks should equip themselves with some of the cars in the LM GTS class. We will run some sessions to see how these cars behave with damage, how they drive in the rain, etc.

I will be holding time trials next week for the final grid place. Dowlin has said he would like to enter, and due to his consistency, and result in the first 24 laps of Lemans we ran, he is the favored final driver.

24el.png

24tt.png

24tt2.png

24g.png

24bop.png

Last edited:
I would be prepared to run a 54 lap stint during the day, meaning lets say between the hours of 1300 GMT and 2200 GMT. That will leave with a shorter stint during the night, which I'm sure will prove better because during the night we will be tired and prone to mistakes.

I can do whatever length stint you would prefer me to do, I could do two 54 lap stints if required. I'm not particularly fussed over when or how long I would be driving, depending on whether I am chosen for the final spot. I am interested to see how our lap times compare with the other cars as I'm assuming they will be much faster on the straights than us.

OK guys, this week will see us ramp up preparations for this massive challenge. Thanks to Soka and Dowlin for offering to do the stints. Mondays are all ways a really busy evening for me, so from tomorrow at 8.30pm I will open a lobby every night to run some time trials and tests. These will run into the weekend to allow as many of you to participate as possible. Im sure some of you will be running some tonight, so please keep me up to speed with any news. I have been in constant communication with the event organizers over the past few days, with PMs from both organizers to team managers, and the media team. I have offered to do a live stream, so I am hoping they take me up on it. More news on that when I find out.

Also, there are 2 practice races this coming weekend. 6 hours of Spa, and 6 hours of Silverstone. We dont have to commit to either, and we dont have to complete the full 6 hours, but it may be a good idea if anyone is free, to have a look in. This would give us a chance to try some driver changes in the organizers lobby. The driver change procedure can be found on the OP HERE.

6 HOURS OF SILVERSTONE.
6 HOURS OF SPA.

I have been very impressed by the support of everyone in this, especially those who wont be taking part. Its encouraging to see racers wanting to help in any way possible, whether its helping in the practice sessions, testing cars etc. GC Gary sent me an early pic of the car he built, in starlight black, with the standard gold wheels. Many thanks for that Gary. However, I received a PM today from Sholesy. He has created 3 posters for our entry into this race. I couldnt ignore his hard work, and he also found the colour I was looking for. Motorsport Black. This colour is available when you buy the Lotus Elise 2011 from the dealership. Wheels are 1-inch up Enkei RS05RRs and the wheel colour is 'Sparkle Yellow Metallic' from a Honda prelude. The forth poster will be made when the final driver is announced this coming weekend. Thanks Sholesy, the posters are awesome. So racers, here are your entry posters.

THEEWAR.PNG

WEESCOTMAN.PNG

SOCA GT.PNG

OK guys, this week will see us ramp up preparations for this massive challenge. Thanks to Soka and Dowlin for offering to do the stints. Mondays are all ways a really busy evening for me, so from tomorrow at 8.30pm I will open a lobby every night to run some time trials and tests. These will run into the weekend to allow as many of you to participate as possible. Im sure some of you will be running some tonight, so please keep me up to speed with any news. I have been in constant communication with the event organizers over the past few days, with PMs from both organizers to team managers, and the media team. I have offered to do a live stream, so I am hoping they take me up on it. More news on that when I find out.

Also, there are 2 practice races this coming weekend. 6 hours of Spa, and 6 hours of Silverstone. We dont have to commit to either, and we dont have to complete the full 6 hours, but it may be a good idea if anyone is free, to have a look in. This would give us a chance to try some driver changes in the organizers lobby. The driver change procedure can be found on the OP HERE.

6 HOURS OF SILVERSTONE.
6 HOURS OF SPA.

I have been very impressed by the support of everyone in this, especially those who wont be taking part. Its encouraging to see racers wanting to help in any way possible, whether its helping in the practice sessions, testing cars etc. GC Gary sent me an early pic of the car he built, in starlight black, with the standard gold wheels. Many thanks for that Gary. However, I received a PM today from Sholesy. He has created 3 posters for our entry into this race. I couldnt ignore his hard work, and he also found the colour I was looking for. Motorsport Black. This colour is available when you buy the Lotus Elise 2011 from the dealership. Wheels are 1-inch up Enkei RS05RRs and the wheel colour is 'Sparkle Yellow Metallic' from a Honda prelude. The forth poster will be made when the final driver is announced this coming weekend. Thanks Sholesy, the posters are awesome. So racers, here are your entry posters.

Should have guessed Will's car would be showing it's arse to the enemy, like a true Scot.

Last edited:
Thanks ADE for giving them the Official SC touch. Just wanted to show my support in some way, help with finding the right look and colours and generally celebrate this endeavour.

On lates this week, so won't be able to help out being a nemesis car on track until the weekend, so thought this would be the next best thing.

Gave them a certain 'privateer' type look.....looking at our class opposition, it was begging for it. Blokes in sheds an all that.

Hope you like em. This sort of stuff just feeds my obsession of having to have something tangible/realistic in a world of fantasy. Yeah! You won't be getting a pretty blonde, dicta phoning your every out of car comment here guys. Strange mutha.

Thanks ADE for giving them the Official SC touch. Just wanted to show my support in some way, help with finding the right look and colours and generally celebrate this endeavour.

On lates this week, so won't be able to help out being a nemesis car on track until the weekend, so thought this would be the next best thing.

Gave them a certain 'privateer' type look.....looking at our class opposition, it was begging for it. Blokes in sheds an all that.

Hope you like em. This sort of stuff just feeds my obsession of having to have something tangible/realistic in a world of fantasy. Yeah! You won't be getting a pretty blonde, dicta phoning your every out of car comment here guys. Strange mutha.

Nice Scholesy:tup:

OK, I will be opening a lobby tonight from 8.30. If anyone wants to come for some laps, feel free. As the week progresses we will try some different combos as well as some timed races for the final position. As it is a week night, I will only be on for an hour or so, so the last time trial will be over the weekend, when the last grid position is chosen.

Great practice last night. Dowlin joined Will, Warren, Nomad and myself for some free runs, before 2 3 lap races. I havnt had time to view the replays yet, but I do know that Dowlin set a 3:58.5xx in his first runs in the car. This is excellent news, as it is over 1 second quicker than the Balance of performance for all the cars was worked out at. I will open another lobby tonight from 8.30 for more runs.

Hi guys, since the Le Mans I have been out at our place on the country and internet is not so present there.

Old news but thank you Ade and Gary for the management of the race! I love endurance races! I think I did fairly well, some small misstake and one big - when changeing from RH to RM I had my foot an the accelerator and I choosed RH for another stint... That cost me about 30-40 seconds.

What a great idea to make a 24h! As I'm off PSN for the most of the summer I'm not able to compete for a place in the team. Well, to be honest I need some more speed. :)

I have done some endurance racing with the guys in Fang-It and I think the are very experienced. Lot to learn from them. :)

I will support the Lotus team with my thoughts and cold beer!

Good luck!!

OK racers. We ran some laps for an hour or so last night. Nomad has put in some extensive time testing some of the other cars in class. We may be giving away a small amount of time on the lap, and some may have the advantage on the straights, but our little pocket rocket will more than make up for this. I wont be on tonight, but tomorrow will see the start of weekend trials. Lobby will be open from 8.30pm. Dowlin has the provisional 4th spot at the moment with his time posted the other night.

So racers, even if you dont want to enter this epic event, please feel free to join the weekend sessions to give your fellow Sunday Cuppers support as we prepare for this monumental challenge. There will be plenty you can help us with, so if any of you fancy spending a few credits, get yourselves some of the other cars in the class, so we can see how we measure up. The cars we will be up against are in the bottom section of this table.

24bop.png

Hopefully we will see some of you tomorrow or Saturday. I am keeping Sunday free for Type R Cup practice.

OK racers. We ran some laps for an hour or so last night. Nomad has put in some extensive time testing some of the other cars in class. We may be giving away a small amount of time on the lap, and some may have the advantage on the straights, but our little pocket rocket will more than make up for this. I wont be on tonight, but tomorrow will see the start of weekend trials. Lobby will be open from 8.30pm. Dowlin has the provisional 4th spot at the moment with his time posted the other night.

So racers, even if you dont want to enter this epic event, please feel free to join the weekend sessions to give your fellow Sunday Cuppers support as we prepare for this monumental challenge. There will be plenty you can help us with, so if any of you fancy spending a few credits, get yourselves some of the other cars in the class, so we can see how we measure up. The cars we will be up against are in the bottom section of this table.
Hopefully we will see some of you tomorrow or Saturday. I am keeping Sunday free for Type R Cup practice.

Man I wanted to surprise you guys by doing just as you say ade, running in other cars as I have them all.
Today I'll set them up and join whoever is online.

Man I wanted to surprise you guys by doing just as you say ade, running in other cars as I have them all.
Today I'll set them up and join whoever is online.

I think what you're doing is probably better, as the testing I've done was 'out of the box' testing, also, as you're quicker, it may give a better idea on the lap times.

I think because of the way these cars are you won't see a great drop in times when tuned, it's the fuel usage and top speed along the straights before the chicane. And from what me and Warren tested last night there will be at least one other team with us the whole race

I think because of the way these cars are you won't see a great drop in times when tuned, it's the fuel usage and top speed along the straights before the chicane. And from what me and Warren tested last night there will be at least one other team with us the whole race

I watched the replay, yes it will be close between the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (won't say which car as the enemy may be reading) both you and Warren are very quick and it was great to watch. The Lotus is going to be all over the cars in the group like 'A fat chick on a Kebab'.

Not all the cars mate, the sls is stupid quick and will pull away, but there's hope for the other teams to have a battle with, bring it on! EAT SLEEP RACE REPEAT!!!!

Great session last night. Capt D, Goodwolf and Nomad joined Will, Warren and myself. We tried all of the different cars in our class. Whilst some of them were very fast on the straights, it was our little 111R which proved to be the fastest around the track, with Warren managing a 3:56.0XX. Tonight will be the final round of time trials. We will also do some more mixed races, as they were a lot of fun. Also tonight there is a 6 hour endurance race at Silverstone, from 6.00pm. Warren has said he is going to join and run a few laps with them, so we can check out our competition. Maybe he will join us when he has finished. My lobby will be open from 8.00pm tonight.

I'll be free from 7pm, just in time for the start to hear some news. To bad no one will drive the second stint to see how will the race unfold for our car during a longer run.

So its 7pm our time it starts..I may just hang about for 2or3hours and like goodwolf says,see how our car holds on..silverstone is very hard on the tyres going by last nights little run...

So its 7pm our time it starts..I may just hang about for 2or3hours and like goodwolf says,see how our car holds on..silverstone is very hard on the tyres going by last nights little run...
Good luck mate. I cant get on before 8.00, and tonights the final chance for anyone to submit a time for the last place, so I cant join. Hopefully catch you in my lobby later.

Edit....I will be half an hour late due to the Brazil game going into extra time. Lobby will be open from 8.30pm

Last edited:
So I am not sure whats going on but,I can't find the 6hour silverstone lobby..Ive asked for the room id number on the thread but as yet no response...:odd:.

Back