RACE #8 14/06/2015.

POSTER #8.PNG

RESULTS FROM RACE #7 31/05/2015.

RESULT #7.PNG

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS.

STANDINGS #7.PNG

BANNER.PNG

Starting point: Lotus Elise 2011.

For the first 2 races, the car will not be tuned at all. Oil change, rigidity improvement, any choice of wheel, 6 speed close ratio gearbox and the installation of a hard top (external parts; other) are all that will be permitted. This car comes with an all alloy, 1.6 litre DOHC 4 cylinder, dual VVT-i and Valvematic, 16-valve engine. The car must be restricted to 134 BHP using the power limiter, after the oil change is carried out. The tyres we will use, will be comfort soft and comfort medium. This is the entry level Elise.

race-1-and-2-png.284925

Stage 2: Lotus Elise club racer.

The first of our modifications will see us installing a sports exhaust, and going up to 144 BHP and we will loose some weight. With the removal of air bags, the weight will drop to 857 KG. The car will be upgraded with sports suspension. We will also see a tyre upgrade, with the use of Sports hard, and comfort softs. This is The Club Racer. (Full upgrade package will become available after race 2)

CAR SPEC.PNG

Stage 3: Lotus Elise S Club racer.

Our only power upgrade of the season comes when we upgrade our engine to the All alloy, 1.8 litre DOHC 4 cylinder, dual VVT-i, 16-valve with Magnuson R900 supercharger. This will be carried out, using engine tuning, intake tuning, sports cat and exhaust manifold and the addition of a mid range turbo, as super chargers are not available. This engine does weigh in at an extra 43 KG, but the increase in power to 217 bhp, will more than make up for this. Again, this package comes with the addition of upgraded tyres. Sports medium, and sports hard will be the chosen rubber. This is The S Club Racer. (Full upgrade package will become available after race 4)

race-5-and-6-png.284941

Stage 4: Lotus Elise S Cup R.

Our final upgrades will see us using the most extreme Elise available from the Hethel factory. Power will remain at 217 BHP, but the addition of motorsport-specific engine control module (sports ECU), Full Jann speed racing Exhaust, the engine comes with much more punch. Additionally, the weight will be reduced, However the loss will be supplemented with the addition of a full Aero kit comprising of front splitter, side barge boards, extended rear diffuser and rear wing. This aero kit provides 125 kg of downforce, which improves the lap time by 4 seconds on a 5 km race course. Finally, we will equip our cars with some sport soft, and sport medium tyres. This is the S Cup R. (Full upgrade package will become available after race 6)

RACE 7 AND 8.PNG

PLEASE NOTE. FINAL SPECS ARE YET TO BE DECIDED. THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. FULL AND FINAL SPECS WILL BE GIVEN BEFORE NEXT UPGRADES.

2015 RACE CALENDAR

race calendar.PNG

REGISTERED DRIVERS

DRIVERS.PNG

SPOTTERS GUIDE.PNG

Lotus-Facebook-Awesome-SCSIV.jpg

FB.PNG

CURRENT CHAMPION

CURRENT CHAMPION.PNG

PREVIOUS CHAMPIONS

123_zpsba29ac50.png

The Sunday Cup tyre regulations.

Yokohama_Logo.jpg

TYRE DRY GRIP LEVELS

TYRE GRIP.PNG

Sunday Cup races will require you to run on 2 different tyre compounds in each race. The faster tyre (red) and the slower tyre (blue) will both need to be used, so pit stops will be necessary.

There will be a 25% race distance minimum limit to the amount of laps that you use the blue tyres for. The minimum laps for blue tyres for each race can be found in the race poster.

You may only use a maximum of 2 sets of the red tyre in any race.

You must start the race on the tyre used to set your fastest qualifying time.

Races and practice sessions will be held in my private lobby. On race nights the lobby will open at 7.30 pm UK time. Qualifying and race times will be posted at the time of the event. The racing should be done by 10.00pm.

This is a clean racing series, and although we are not governed by the GTPlanet OLR, we do follow the same principles for race conduct. As far as racecraft is concerned please read The Good Racecraft Guide . Collisions or blocking on purpose are not allowed. Nudges, taps and a bit of rubbing are generally accepted, however pushing someone wide or diving into a corner to gain a place will earn you a penalty or a ban. If you do cause someone to loose a place through poor driving or a collision, you must slow down and wait for that driver to regain his position, regardless of how many other cars pass you. When a car leaves the track, it is that drivers responsibility to only rejoin when it is safe to do so, so check the mini map to make sure there are no cars approaching. So if you do accidentally knock another driver off, you must wait for them to rejoin safely, and regain their place before you resume racing. 2 wheels on the track at all times. The curb is considered part of the track. Do not quit the race if you are losing. It is a long race and anything can happen. Gentlemanly driving at all times is a must.

All driving aids will be set to off apart from ABS and the regulations will be set so boost is off, penalty off, grip real, damage light, slip stream real and tyre/fuel wear on, and set to fast, or very fast. It will be a grid start, with false start check on. Visible damage will be turned off to minimize connection issues.

Everyone must make at least 1 compulsory PIT STOP to change tyres. Failure to pit and use both tyre compounds available in each race will result in heavy penalties. Replays will be viewed after each race to ensure that all drivers use both tyres. All drivers are responsible for their own pitstops.

There are a maximum of 16 places on the grid so book your place early. The series will consist of 8 races with points being awarded from first to last place, 16 points for first, 15 for second, 14 for third, and so on down to last place. The timer for race end will be set to 3 minutes after the winner crosses the line. If you do not finish due to the timer expiring, but you have carried on racing, you will still receive the points for the position you get. If you retire from the race you will not receive any points, and if you rejoin the track after retiring you will be disqualified and receive -1 point.

At the end of the season there will be 3 prizes awarded to 1st , 2nd and 3rd places in the cup. These are going to be real world prizes. Previous prizes have been supplied by Lotus cars, and The Lotus forums.

Stewards will address any questions or concerns and post-race penalties may be given by the race stewards if they feel you have not followed the rules.

If you would like to participate in this series please leave a message on this thread with your PSN, requested car number and car/wheel paint scheme. You may be asked to join us in some other races beforehand to show you are a clean driver, and have good racecraft.

Please read The Good Racecraft Guide by VBR.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183891

Race Stewards.

ADE3210
GC255
GTP_CAPT_D

Practice sessions
Practice sessions will be held the weekends between races, and Friday and Saturday of race weekends. There will be 5 official practice sessions in total. Fastest lap times from theses sessions will then be posted on the thread. Only times set in these sessions will be posted, and I will not accept times outside of these official sessions, even if picture evidence is provided. However you may post your fastest times up in the thread if you wish, but they will not be added to the official times.

These sessions will consist of a 10 minute warm up to set up your car, followed by several short races at the next track on the calender. We will use both the red and blue tyres in these practices, although we will mainly concentrate on the red tyre.

These races are for practice purposes only, and reverse grid from the previous race will be on.

These practice sessions are not compulsory, they are just a way to see other racers times in an online environment before the race. These sessions have proved to be very beneficial to lap times and car set up.

Race Calendar
Please note;

The race calendar is subject to change due to unforeseen real life situations and other virtual motorsport events, in which the Sunday Cup has interests.

IE; Dates changed on 2/2/2015 to accommodate S.C.A.R team entrys into the GTPlanet endurance series events.

Race #1 no change.

Race #2 no change.

:gtplanet: GTPlanet 12 hours of Bathurst quali and race 27 Feb 2015-8 March 2015 :gtplanet:

Race #3 moved from March 1 2015 to March 15 2015. Reason. Bathurst 12 hour quali and race.

Race #4 moved from March 15 2015 to March 29 2015 due to race #3 move.

Race #5 moved from March 29 2015 to April 12 2015 due to race #4 move.

Race #6 moved from April 5 2015 to April 19 2015 due to race #5 move.

:gtplanet: GTPlanet 12 hours of Silverstone quali and race 25 April 2015-3 May 2015 :gtplanet:

Race #7 moved from April 19 2015 to May 10 due to Silverstone 12 hour quali and race.

Race #8 moved from May 3 2015 to May 24 2015 due to Silverstone 12 hour race.

SCAR-best-2 (3).png
S.C.A.R. Sunday Cup Affiliated Racers is an endurance program comprising of drivers from Sunday Cup, and Type R cup events. If you wish to be considered for a seat in the 2015 GTPlanet endurance series, please ask. Support racers are always needed to assist in testing cars for these endurance events.

scar poster.PNG

FACEBOOK

lotusfb_zps3e086138.png

TWITTER

twitter.png

Attachments

• banner.PNG
    banner.PNG
    93.5 KB · Views: 28
  • race calendar.PNG
    race calendar.PNG
    105.5 KB · Views: 29
  • RACE POSTER.PNG
    RACE POSTER.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 27
  • POSTER #5.PNG
    POSTER #5.PNG
    57.9 KB · Views: 29
  • RESULTS#4.PNG
    RESULTS#4.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 28
  • STANDINGS#4.PNG
    STANDINGS#4.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 29
  • POSTER #5.PNG
    POSTER #5.PNG
    57.9 KB · Views: 27
  • RESULTS #5.PNG
    RESULTS #5.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 103
  • standings  #8.PNG
    standings #8.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 105
  • POSTER #6.PNG
    POSTER #6.PNG
    57.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hello ADE,

I would like to participate in your series. I'm a gentlemen racer, clean & respectfull.
PSN: Cobani
Carnumber: 28
Color: Orange

Hello ADE,

I would like to participate in your series. I'm a gentlemen racer, clean & respectfull.
PSN: Cobani
Carnumber: 28
Color: Orange

Thanks Cobani, I have added you to the grid in the OP. I will update the blog this evening after The Zero Cup.

Could you let me know wheel colour,you can have anything as long as its not black.

Last edited:
Thanks Cobani, ... Could you let me know wheel colour,you can have anything as long as its not black.

The wheelcolor is also Orange.

I'll do some practice runs. :) Is 2.33.x still the ultimate time @Spa? :scared:

Last edited:
well i just had to pick up the new boys gauntlet :lol:
and throw mine in the mix 1:32.xxx:)(online)
looks like we have another contender in the newbie:tup::sly:

An improvement of 1minute and 1second. Good going, Jamesy. Let's see the noob crack THAT time.....

Were you using your X2011 on that one?

well i just had to pick up the new boys gauntlet :lol:
and throw mine in the mix 1:32.xxx:)(online)
looks like we have another contender in the newbie:tup::sly:

Looks like Im going to have to do a bit more work on my set up, 2:32 is mental fast in this little rocket. It turns like a housefly, but I loose my nerve before the car does.

The prize section on the blog has been updated.

Last edited:
An improvement of 1minute and 1second. Good going, Jamesy. Let's see the noob crack THAT time.....

Were you using your X2011 on that one?

well had a try in the X2011 1:21.2 a bit quicker than the lotus:crazy::lol:

I never intented to throw a gauntlet, but nice to see your competitiveness. 👍

I haven't driven the Elise @ Spa ever, so I'll give that a go this weekend.
At least I'll have a time to aim for. :)

Greetz Cobani

I never intented to throw a gauntlet, but nice to see your competitiveness. 👍

I haven't driven the Elise @ Spa ever, so I'll give that a go this weekend.
At least I'll have a time to aim for. :)

Greetz Cobani
thats what we like to hear 👍
the better the competition the better you get :)

BTW you always have to throw the gauntlet (it gets the blood pumping)

Just checked my shift patten for the next few weeks - I'm on night shift for the SC debut so will more than likely be unable to attend.

gutted.com

Looks like Im going to have to do a bit more work on my set up, 2:32 is mental fast in this little rocket. It turns like a housefly, but I loose my nerve before the car does.

Just did a session @Spa this afternoon and indeed, 2.32.x is insanely fast. I barely cracked the 35 bracket. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I do love a challenge, so 👍.

Just did a session @Spa this afternoon and indeed, 2.32.x is insanely fast. I barely cracked the 35 bracket. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I do love a challenge, so 👍.

I just managed a 2:34.079. I dont normally put the .xxx down, but as jamesy done a 2:32.x, that could be a 32.9 so that means Im only just over a second off his pace. Or It could be a 32.1 in which case means loads more practice.

I just managed a 2:34.079. I dont normally put the .xxx down, but as jamesy done a 2:32.x, that could be a 32.9 so that means Im only just over a second off his pace. Or It could be a 32.1 in which case means loads more practice.

good to see all the practice going on 👍
and yes ade 2:32.xxx not a .9 or.1 but close :lol:
💡 i will have to do some more practice and see if i cant shave another second and make it a 2:31.xxx just to keep the pressure on :cool:

keep me posted with the times so i can get an idea of just how many racers i will be dicing with 👍

it's going to be awesome if we are all in and around the same time:tup:

Just over 3 weeks until race 1. who's looking forward to it? The first open practice session will be on Sunday 29th January at 8.00pm GMT. The OP and the blog have been updated with this information also.

Details -

A pre season practice session will be held on Sunday 29th January at 8.00pm GMT.

This will consist of a 20 minute warm up to set up your car, followed by a 3 lap race.

This is not a race to win.

When the race starts the pole sitter will go first, followed by everyone else in 10 second intervals.

You then have 3 laps to get your best times. These practice times will be displayed on this page, and the blog.

Last edited:
Hi ADE!

I'm a sim racer so it goes without saying that I'm a clean driver and I respect the rules. I would like very much to join your league.

PSN: Goodwolf_
Car number: 12
Color: Green
Wheel's: White

Hi ADE!

I'm a sim racer so it goes without saying that I'm a clean driver and I respect the rules. I would like very much to join your league.

PSN: Goodwolf_
Car number: 12
Color: Green
Wheel's: White

Then you are in. I will send PSN FR today. OP and blog have been updated with your details

Last edited:
Can I book 1st reserve place for this?

Colour: Orange
Wheels: White
Number: 13

Great to have you in. I have placed you in reserve spot#1. I dont think that R063R can join us in the first week, so get some practice for race 1.

I have also updated the OP with Lobby rules, please read this everyone. Thanks.

Update on practice, 2:33.8xx. Still not as quick as the bograt, but going in the right direction. Please dont post a 31 jamesy.

Back