The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter TomN
  • 9,931 comments
  • 2,388,979 views
Contact Thrustmaster, you might just need a replacement power pack

Well I emailed them nothing yet!! I called them on this number I'm in the uk Tel: 08450800942. Message saying there closed!!! opening hours suggest they should be open!

Just wait I guess, how long will I have to wait for a reply over email? anyone got experience of this. Reading the thread it sounds like they have good support but, I'm not having much luck.
 
Well I emailed them nothing yet!! I called them on this number I'm in the uk Tel: 08450800942. Message saying there closed!!! opening hours suggest they should be open!

Just wait I guess, how long will I have to wait for a reply over email? anyone got experience of this. Reading the thread it sounds like they have good support but, I'm not having much luck.

I had to get my fan replaced and found them quite quick. Once you give them all your details etc and they'll probably ask for a video of the problem. But all in all the replacement fan and support was good. If you don't hear from them today I'm sure you'll have a message in your in box in the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd a replacement power pack within a week.
 
I had to get my fan replaced and found them quite quick. Once you give them all your details etc and they'll probably ask for a video of the problem. But all in all the replacement fan and support was good. If you don't hear from them today I'm sure you'll have a message in your in box in the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd a replacement power pack within a week.

Well I just called play.com who I bought the wheel from and there sending me out a replacement wheel!

Will have to go the weekend without it but, at least it's getting sorted.

Thanks for your help.
 
Well I just called play.com who I bought the wheel from and there sending me out a replacement wheel!

Will have to go the weekend without it but, at least it's getting sorted.

Thanks for your help.

Good service by Play, I considering getting from them but I preferred the thought of being able to take to a shop if there were any issues so i've asked the mrs to get mine from Argos instead :)

Roll on xmas!
 
Well I just called play.com who I bought the wheel from and there sending me out a replacement wheel!

Will have to go the weekend without it but, at least it's getting sorted.

Thanks for your help.

That's great service lol 👍
 
Good service by Play, I considering getting from them but I preferred the thought of being able to take to a shop if there were any issues so i've asked the mrs to get mine from Argos instead :)

Roll on xmas!

Argos sell the T500?
Edit I found it on the web site, surprised!
 
Last edited:
Good price too for purchasing in shop.
I thought that would have raised the cost somewhat.
 
Yeah the only do it via online but there everywhere so taking it to a store if I get any issues is only a 5min walk. There pretty good if you have issues etc so just made more sense to me!

Plus the mrs can get discount ;)
 
$529 is a decent deal but not as good as the Costco one that includes the TH8
 
iridegravity
Does the T500 have a 200 degree mode or adjustability of degrees of rotation?

Yes on the PC control panel you can adjust the degrees of rotation from 90 to 1080 degrees.
 
Wheelstand Pro Deluxe ordered!

Under 3weeks till I get my T500, can't wait! :D
 
Wheelstand Pro Deluxe ordered!

Under 3weeks till I get my T500, can't wait! :D

Why so long? I got mine from Amazon, it took just over 2 days. 👍👍
 
Why so long? I got mine from Amazon, it took just over 2 days. 👍👍

Let's see- three weeks- that would be xmas? Perhaps that could be the reason. For me it could be a month at least before I get mine but that has more to do with cash flow. Not having a credit card(s) means I have to save money to buy one.
 
geoffmallan
Why so long? I got mine from Amazon, it took just over 2 days. 👍👍

Yeah sorry,

As the other guy mentioned, mine is a Xmas present from the mrs :D

Won't let me have it early :(
 
Yeah sorry,

As the other guy mentioned, mine is a Xmas present from the mrs :D

Won't let me have it early :(

Ah, total nightmare!!! Sorry, it didn't even cross my mind as i'm 39 years old and haven't had that sort of anxious wait since i was 15.

You'll love it!!!!

What do you have to hold it?

Let's see- three weeks- that would be xmas?

Woah there tiger, when i want something i get it next day delivery, I'm sorry, but i presumed there was a better reason for the delay than Christmas.

Chill with the sarcasm, you'll live longer. (less chance of high blood pressure)

Merry Christmas
 
I've been playing with the settings in GT5. For some reason power steering was ON, i must have done this the 1st day i got it. So today, 2 weeks down the road, i turned power steering off and FFB upto 7. It feels really smooth and firm. It's brilliant.

Can someone confirm that the amateur, professional and simulation have no effect?

Thanks
 
Ah, total nightmare!!! Sorry, it didn't even cross my mind as i'm 39 years old and haven't had that sort of anxious wait since i was 15.

You'll love it!!!!

What do you have to hold it?



Woah there tiger, when i want something i get it next day delivery, I'm sorry, but i presumed there was a better reason for the delay than Christmas.

Chill with the sarcasm, you'll live longer. (less chance of high blood pressure)

Merry Christmas

That wasn't sarcasm- the question was meant to priesty_lfc because I'm guessing the reason as well. Hence, the reason why I posted my own reason for delaying the my purchase. Sorry if it came out as sarcasm- and even it is you shouldn't be too defensive/offensive.
 
I've been playing with the settings in GT5. For some reason power steering was ON, i must have done this the 1st day i got it. So today, 2 weeks down the road, i turned power steering off and FFB upto 7. It feels really smooth and firm. It's brilliant.

Can someone confirm that the amateur, professional and simulation have no effect?

Thanks

No it affects the wheels. I'm not sure how but when I changed when I found the setting there was definitly a difference.
 
That wasn't sarcasm- the question was meant to priesty_lfc because I'm guessing the reason as well. Hence, the reason why I posted my own reason for delaying the my purchase. Sorry if it came out as sarcasm- and even it is you shouldn't be too defensive/offensive.

No sweat.

Cheers.
 
No it affects the wheels. I'm not sure how but when I changed when I found the setting there was definitly a difference.

But when you highlight the Sim,Pro,Am setting, the T500RS is greyed out?
 
Nice T500 Setup:

23uv57o.jpg


r8rxis.jpg


2qn045u.jpg


2dadk79.jpg
 
WildRun

Could you take a pic of how the wheel connects to the T500, the steering column looks really long.

Thanks in advance.
 
Ah, great setup by the way 👍👍
 
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05841133000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Hey everyone, I just ordered my t500rs through Sears above (cheapest for APO shipping, $511.49 subtotal) and just wondering if there's anything I should consider ordering through them. I notice there's no reviews yet on their listing perhaps it's a newly stocked item??? Anyways...I just can't wait for it to arrive and hopefully before Christmas! Maybe late next year I'll buy the CSW when all accessories are available (CSS & CSH). Until then......:)
 
Back