The Veneno Wars are here

• Thread starter Live25
  • 26 comments
United States
Portland, OR
Live25
This car is very good out of the box, its an easy drive and quite economical. I have a feeling there is a lot of room for improvement in the tune. Simply using @F1gtr97 ’s tune (few adjustments) resulted in lap times (on average) 15 secs better over the de-tune I used to get it down to 700 (Sarthe). Apparently its being used at Tokyo with great success as well. I don’t even race Tokyo, but I’m taking it there next!

Its expensive, but worth every penny IMO. The race is on to turn this into the world-killer it is destined to be!

700 de-tune (ride-height, ECU & Restrictor)
80FE3DD4-0D27-4071-9FBB-E0B1B87E9228.jpeg

F1’s tune
19C5E21B-0664-417E-9FAE-442C152D0B49.jpeg

EEF03C42-B8EA-46E0-A89A-AE5ED0BA232A.jpeg
AF80CAD3-C358-44E7-B5C7-99F9A68944B5.jpeg
8062DD25-6D1F-4AAF-B393-60DAB1F1EEC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Credit to @Badfish 2 for this tune, pretty good for Tokyo…even in the hands of a novice like myself. Obviously, not an impressive win, but a win nonetheless. Bear in mind, I RARELY run Tokyo, so your ‘mileage’ should be much better.

CC1BF296-7F8B-45C8-86FF-4C7E1E80B429.jpeg4ACB20F0-DF79-4DD5-B093-131976378188.jpegFA01A8AF-BA54-4D9E-9260-976704BD4BC6.jpegCCCEA954-E5EB-4C8F-B422-1F7DCF03534D.jpegFDD4A0B2-A9BB-4352-B217-B646C3B99FE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Final run of the day at Sardegna using a modification of F1’s 700 tune. Using FM6 on RM’s, I pit every 4 laps for fresh tires and fuel and easily lap half the field.

This road car, with no more than suspension, LSD, trans (I’m actually not sure it NEEDS the trans either), ECU, ballast, air cleaner, muffler, exhaust and brake upgrades can run the “30-Minute Triple Crown” pretty ****ing easily. I don’t know many road cars that can pull that off. I’ll give her a go at Spa later, I need a break!

8215A9D2-96DD-4B77-AB1E-0A7C7958306C.jpegB46AF81A-5256-439D-83FC-6D357F3185D9.jpeg8E29CAF7-44A9-4562-9F02-BFBFE6C4D140.jpeg73057A30-2611-44EF-B30F-9A55FD193E94.jpeg6B5B4556-0FC6-4A36-9313-D712DC562E22.jpeg
0CCE6FD8-9F13-46FD-99D2-D68BC67B08D4.jpeg

Ran about 7 test laps today at Spa to figure out tires, fuel, pit strategy, etc... The car can definitely win, I nearly have my first Grand Slam road car.

Last edited:
i was suprised and impressed with this tune.didn't expect the veneno to behave like this.feels very planted, can exit the corners full throttle without nervousness..it just feels a proper race car.even though the transmission is a little "low" in my opinion and i need to shift a lot it's still great.keep up tuning brother you have potential.thnx for the tune

Last edited:
i was suprised and impressed with this tune.didn't expect the veneno to behave like this.feels very planted, can exit the corners full throttle without nervousness..it just feels a proper race car.even though the trasmission is a little "low" on my opinion and i need to shift a lot it's still great.keep up tuning brother you have potential.thnx for the tune
I wish I could take credit for the tune(s), but I just drive the cars. Granted, I may make some tweaks here or there, but the 600 is from Badfish 2 and the 700/800 is from F1GTR.

This car is very good out of the box, its an easy drive and quite economical. I have a feeling there is a lot of room for improvement in the tune. Simply using @F1gtr97 ’s tune (few adjustments) resulted in lap times (on average) 15 secs better over the de-tune I used to get it down to 700 (Sarthe). Apparently its being used at Tokyo with great success as well. I don’t even race Tokyo, but I’m taking it there next!

Its expensive, but worth every penny IMO. The race is on to turn this into the world-killer it is destined to be!

700 de-tune (ride-height, ECU & Restrictor)
View attachment 1166788

F1’s tune
View attachment 1166787
View attachment 1166882View attachment 1166883View attachment 1166884
I tried this one. I felt like I got a massive understeer something. Could that be correct, or have I done something wrong in the tuning?

I tried this one. I felt like I got a massive understeer something. Could that be correct, or have I done something wrong in the tuning?
It looks as if I posted the Tokyo tune twice? I’ll check next time I’m on and see what I did…

Last edited:
Fixed the pics, try again for Sarthe. Regarding the understeer, that may have been exclusive to the 600 tune, they are quite different. Let me know your results please.

Fixed the pics, try again for Sarthe. Regarding the understeer, that may have been exclusive to the 600 tune, they are quite different. Let me know your results please.
Hi,

Are the new ones the F1 700 6:3 1:2? Those pictures were put into the post replacing old ones?

If so, I will try.

I definitively had taken a 600 tune, added RH tyres, and something else.

Hi,

Are the new ones the F1 700 6:3 1:2? Those pictures were put into the post replacing old ones?

If so, I will try.

I definitively had taken a 600 tune, added RH tyres, and something else.
I just realized that I yesterday had found a recommendation to take ... Praiano’s Huracan tune. Had entered that setting, but not tested. It actually works out fine. And if compare correct towards your update picture, there are similarities there, so assume your tune would work fine as well!

I just realized that I yesterday had found a recommendation to take ... Praiano’s Huracan tune. Had entered that setting, but not tested. It actually works out fine. And if compare correct towards your update picture, there are similarities there, so assume your tune would work fine as well!
That may have been F1’s inspiration for the Veneno tune, mine was just a modification on what he published and I know he’s a big Pra fan.

Final run of the day at Sardegna using a modification of F1’s 700 tune. Using FM6 on RM’s, I pit every 4 laps for fresh tires and fuel and easily lap half the field.

This road car, with no more than suspension, LSD, trans (I’m actually not sure it NEEDS the trans either), ECU, ballast, air cleaner, muffler, exhaust and brake upgrades can run the “30-Minute Triple Crown” pretty ****ing easily. I don’t know many road cars that can pull that off. I’ll give her a go at Spa later, I need a break!

View attachment 1166907View attachment 1166908View attachment 1166909View attachment 1166910View attachment 1166911View attachment 1166912
I tried the 800 tune for Saradegna. For me, ... I get a little bit of understeer feel. Feel I need to break a little bit earlier to make it work. And do not have the control I would like to have. Maybe it is just me, not being used to this car at the higher speeds yet. But I have though been driving quite a lot on Saradegna.

I did try another tune out there to compare. That one had better control and less understeer, but then was a bit tailend happy.

Not any personal experience on tuning myself. A beginner. So not sure what I could improve.

I tried the 800 tune for Saradegna. For me, ... I get a little bit of understeer feel. Feel I need to break a little bit earlier to make it work. And do not have the control I would like to have. Maybe it is just me, not being used to this car at the higher speeds yet. But I have though been driving quite a lot on Saradegna.

I did try another tune out there to compare. That one had better control and less understeer, but then was a bit tailend happy.

Not any personal experience on tuning myself. A beginner. So not sure what I could improve.
That sounds like an adjustment I would make, I like the tail planted. It has been awhile since I put it together. Also, I had very few runs at Sardegna at this point, this may have even been my first win there.

That sounds like an adjustment I would make, I like the tail planted. It has been awhile since I put it together. Also, I had very few runs at Sardegna at this point, this may have even been my first win there.
I have no experience at all on trying to tune myself.

If you have a suggestion for me to test, I would be happy to do so.

Ran about 7 test laps today at Spa to figure out tires, fuel, pit strategy, etc... The car can definitely win, I nearly have my first Grand Slam road car.
And its finally done. My 2nd ever winner (can’t remember my first, the Sauber maybe?) and 1st Road Car. Not only that, but this is the same car that has wins at Tokyo, Sarthe & Sardegna with the same build, just 4 separate tunes. I think that’s pretty cool and has been my goal since I started on this car. It’s not cheap to buy and you need an invite, but the upgrade costs are fairly cheap with no internal upgrades required.

5D5238A6-0AE9-4673-9F45-E3D099624060.jpeg
F3ACA1C6-7669-4128-BCC5-DE8EAF89511E.jpeg

Nearly lapped P3&4, just missed!

0FA88F65-F1AE-4CBC-8CB7-D0189BD499A3.jpeg

Lap times can definitely get better!

1D894261-5162-4B1B-A183-8332D6A53D25.jpeg
38E958BA-B439-42BA-8704-D836EA9C513D.jpeg
16650588-F46E-49C5-849A-9686E8FD0307.jpeg

I have no experience at all on trying to tune myself.

If you have a suggestion for me to test, I would be happy to do so.
I’m relatively clueless, I’ve just found things that I don’t like about particular tunes for some reason or the other and I attempt to ‘fix’ them. You’ve gotta’ adjust as you go and you’ll start to get a feel. There are many parameters I don’t mess with, most suspension for instance, but I’m comfortable with ride-height, downforce, power reductions, and some LSD and gearbox settings. As with anything, it takes a clear goal, an adventurous spirit, plenty of experimentation, and lots of patience and time to get comfortable with. I wish you the best of luck!

@Live25

I was working on the Veneno and trying to find tunes for it. During that I tried the ones in this thread. And I believe you found that one of the pictures published was wrong, and corrected that. I continued to try and test drive the 700 and the 800 tunes. And I got the feeling that there was an amount of understeer. And I tried some others that I thought was a bit tail happy. This was late evening or night. And I felt that I did not really got control over it.

So decided to redo from the beginning, check the tunes that I had copied, and then test drive again.

On your 700 tune. Here I had done a setup copy misstake that contributed to the feeling of understeer. Using the exact tuning of yours, testing on LeMans, worked out perfect! Really good feeling on the steering and control. Perfectly balanced. REALLY like this setup!!

On the 800 tune, I did redo from scratch. And do not know if there was a difference in what I put in last time or not. But anyway the driving this time felt much better! One reason may be that I was less tired, and had a better focus. But I still feel that there is a little bit of understeer in some situations. But that may also be that the car is faster, and the Sardegna is a different type of track with more and different turns. And after a while I get a good feeling for the car, and can handle it better. But conclusion is that the tune works absolutely fine!

I have not yet tested the 600 tune at Tokyo. I will wait a while longer to try to take on Tokyo again.

At the end, I would like to say thank you to yourself, and the other people that has been referred to regarding the tunes!

@Live25

I was working on the Veneno and trying to find tunes for it. During that I tried the ones in this thread. And I believe you found that one of the pictures published was wrong, and corrected that. I continued to try and test drive the 700 and the 800 tunes. And I got the feeling that there was an amount of understeer. And I tried some others that I thought was a bit tail happy. This was late evening or night. And I felt that I did not really got control over it.

So decided to redo from the beginning, check the tunes that I had copied, and then test drive again.

On your 700 tune. Here I had done a setup copy misstake that contributed to the feeling of understeer. Using the exact tuning of yours, testing on LeMans, worked out perfect! Really good feeling on the steering and control. Perfectly balanced. REALLY like this setup!!

On the 800 tune, I did redo from scratch. And do not know if there was a difference in what I put in last time or not. But anyway the driving this time felt much better! One reason may be that I was less tired, and had a better focus. But I still feel that there is a little bit of understeer in some situations. But that may also be that the car is faster, and the Sardegna is a different type of track with more and different turns. And after a while I get a good feeling for the car, and can handle it better. But conclusion is that the tune works absolutely fine!

I have not yet tested the 600 tune at Tokyo. I will wait a while longer to try to take on Tokyo again.

At the end, I would like to say thank you to yourself, and the other people that has been referred to regarding the tunes!
Hey thanks, that’s great to hear! I agree, the 700 may be the best of the bunch, but I’m also extremely more competent at Sarthe by sheer volume of experience there. I’ve only taken it to Sardegna once, so a revisit may be in order.

Typically, I will go for more grip, so I think a bit of understeer is inherent in adjustments that I make to tunes by virtue of how I achieve more grip. Try tweaking the ride height and downforce more to your preference as those are the 2 things I feel most comfortable adjusting to suit my tastes and thus, make the most significant changes to.

Personally, I really liked that tune for Tokyo, it helped me move past a lot of my trepidation about that course. Hopefully you can have a similar experience.

FYI, the new Certified for Sarthe thread was largely inspired by your insatiable thirst for tunes on tracks, so I owe you some thanks as well. Cheers!

Last edited:
I tried the tune just above and had a pretty hard time getting turn in and not drifting wide in the turns. To the point where I garaged the car. I desperately want to like and drive it but can’t get it to “turn” for me.

I tried the tune just above and had a pretty hard time getting turn in and not drifting wide in the turns. To the point where I garaged the car. I desperately want to like and drive it but can’t get it to “turn” for me.
Are you carrying too much speed?

I have owned it for a few months and not driven it. Didn't even try it stock. I tried the 700 tune today on Nordschleife and to be honest it was a bit meh. The tune is lovely and I'm sure made it more maneuverable but the car doesn't seem that fun to drive. I then took the '94 Maclaren F1 road car for drive on the same track and the smiles were back on my face again.

Are you carrying too much speed?
I don’t think so but it is certainly possible. I think the tune is night and day better than stock, don’t get me wrong. I just seem to have trouble with it so probably just me. Although my son had the same issues especially when driven back to back with the Aventador.

I have owned it for a few months and not driven it. Didn't even try it stock. I tried the 700 tune today on Nordschleife and to be honest it was a bit meh. The tune is lovely and I'm sure made it more maneuverable but the car doesn't seem that fun to drive. I then took the '94 Maclaren F1 road car for drive on the same track and the smiles were back on my face again.
I’ll be completely honest, I set it up as a jack-of-all-trades car for the Grand Slam specifically and indeed it was successful in that endeavor, but I can see how that would make it less enjoyable for other drivers/tracks.
I don’t think so but it is certainly possible. I think the tune is night and day better than stock, don’t get me wrong. I just seem to have trouble with it so probably just me. Although my son had the same issues especially when driven back to back with the Aventador.
You are not the first to mention that issue, so I doubt its just you. Thanks for the feedback either way.

New revision for 700, I think I tuned the understeer out, please let me know. If I had to do it over again, I would probably omit WR4 and possibly even 3. I have a virgin one still, but I’m saving that for the hopes that one day Praiano will take a stab at this.

EC11386B-929B-4E4E-BE6A-A1B66D457640.jpeg
85294F8B-83DE-4B11-BFAD-01B685371DB7.jpeg
0E55E973-24EB-40CE-A7DC-07136AA6DE02.jpeg

Last edited:
Back