The vile nature of cheating...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kanjifreak
  • 38 comments
  • 5,281 views

kanjifreak

(Banned)
Messages
156
Hello:

Today is my birthday and I got a Cougar 74. I'm 36, and still enjoying great video games like GT.

The car came in as a nice gift, since I also like to drive old low/medium end cars and try to find their performance peaks.

My question is, if someone did the birthday trick and put 1967 as the year of birth, would they really have a chance of winning the Ferrari, Mark IV, Miura or 2 J? Shouldn't those cars be reserved and not be included in the random choice made by the game during birthdays?

I guess I am too ethical, but even in video games I find cheating vile and something in very bad taste.

Thank you for reading.
 
Yes you can get those. I stopped doing that after I got the Mark IV.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That Cougar is one stonking machine! Im sure it is not 'tuned' properly though, on the early races its acceleration and top speed readings dont match some of the real performance cars in game; when doing 100mph in the Cougar it would be 140mph in a super car.

Not that im complaining as i bought it and use it when i can, it has brakes like a full disc brake 2010 car:nervous:
 
Can't imagine why people care how others play their own game. It has no effect on you, so why does it bother people? You can say online play suffers, but it doesn't matter how the car is acquired. Getting it with the birthday cheat doesn't make them faster on the track. Using words like "vile" to describe how a person fills their personal garage in a racing video game is more than a little silly.
 
Anyone know what's up for grabs for 1986. Can't think of anything exciting. Might get a Datsun or something haha.
 
There are car lists posted all over the net that are sorted by date. Google is your friend
 
Think yourself lucky, I was born in 1972 and all I got was a Fiat 500. :(
 
I really don't see a problem in cheating if it only effects you. I haven't cheated but I have traded for duped and glitched cars which just supports them. I don't go online in this game so I'm not putting anyone else at a disadvantage.
 
Anyone know what's up for grabs for 1986. Can't think of anything exciting. Might get a Datsun or something haha.

I got a RUF for that year. I was kinde skeptical with my year of birth as I couldn't remeber any great cars fromt that year, but the RUF was fine. :D
 
Can't imagine why people care how others play their own game. It has no effect on you, so why does it bother people? You can say online play suffers, but it doesn't matter how the car is acquired. Getting it with the birthday cheat doesn't make them faster on the track. Using words like "vile" to describe how a person fills their personal garage in a racing video game is more than a little silly.

I never said that I care about how people play their games. This is more like an auto reflexive thought. I find cheating vile in any aspect of life, yes, including silly video games. I wouldn't enjoy the same way the 20 million cars if I earned them than if i cheated to get them.

This is about my own thoughts and actions on the issue and was trying to get opinions from it. So you totally missed the concept here. Not everything in life is as shallow/silly as you think.

Think yourself lucky, I was born in 1972 and all I got was a Fiat 500. :(

That car has personality, so to speak. I would have preferred that one. :crazy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sucks for me because my birthday is on Nov 21, 1982 - 3 days before the game came out, so I have a liitle bit of a wait, since I can't see myself partaking in the glitch.

Anybody know of any cars from 1982? I really don't want to scroll through over 1,000 cars to see what I have to look forward to. Seems like a lame year though....:indiff:
 
My birthday is July 1991 so I might get a 787B in 6 months lol.
 
I never said that I care about how people play their games. This is more like an auto reflexive thought. I find cheating vile in any aspect of life, yes, including silly video games. I wouldn't enjoy the same way the 20 million cars if I earned them than if i cheated to get them.

This is about my own thoughts and actions on the issue and was trying to get opinions from it. So you totally missed the concept here. Not everything in life is as shallow/silly as you think.

Do you find people "cheating" on their diet to be vile too?

I don't think anyone is missing the concept you think you are spouting off. It's just they don't agree with your idea of proper gameplay that they should follow and are instead making corrections to get it more in line with what they wanted. This is not a competition with anyone, so kinda hard to be cheating. These 20 million cars are just pixels to be used for fun driving around a race course. Me spending hours upon hours of my time to "earn" it does not make it better or worse. It just kept me from wasting my time doing repetitive crap. I will still enjoy driving it around the course just the same and I was under the impression that this was a driving simulator and not a World of Warcraft grindfest for levels and credits.


Also, I haven't used any "exploits" to get the credits and cars I have. By the time I read about it, I was already well on my way making millions just using Bob to win races. And if you think using an over-powered car to ensure wins on tracks, having an imaginary driver drive that car and then not even watching the races Bob does because it's too long, boring, repetitve and so on.....then I agree and you shouldn't do that either because it'd be vile.
 
Don't we already have enough threads about people attacking people for using the birthday exploit? Let people play the game the way they want to.
 
My birthday is set to 1988 or 1989 (I'm 14), I hope I get that 1988 Jaguar race car. :drool:

XJR-9 Race car
 
Do you find people "cheating" on their diet to be vile too?

I don't think anyone is missing the concept you think you are spouting off. It's just they don't agree with your idea of proper gameplay that they should follow and are instead making corrections to get it more in line with what they wanted. This is not a competition with anyone, so kinda hard to be cheating. These 20 million cars are just pixels to be used for fun driving around a race course. Me spending hours upon hours of my time to "earn" it does not make it better or worse. It just kept me from wasting my time doing repetitive crap. I will still enjoy driving it around the course just the same and I was under the impression that this was a driving simulator and not a World of Warcraft grindfest for levels and credits.


Also, I haven't used any "exploits" to get the credits and cars I have. By the time I read about it, I was already well on my way making millions just using Bob to win races. And if you think using an over-powered car to ensure wins on tracks, having an imaginary driver drive that car and then not even watching the races Bob does because it's too long, boring, repetitve and so on.....then I agree and you shouldn't do that either because it'd be vile.

That is an exception, dude. Of course, repetitive crap is just nerd stuff. By the time I new about this cheat (today) I was A-Spec 35 and B-Spec 34.

And guess what?!

Just did the trick to get a Ferrari 67.

Don't take things personal, dude, I just like to bring controversial stuff to the forums.

But, well, yeah, if a level zero guy did the trick to get a 20 million car, well, he'd be wasting the money on GT5 and its potential fun or replay value, don't you think?
 
I have about 120 cars and counting at this point. I am not doing the birthday glitch, I really want the Jaguar XJ13, if I cannot win it, I will grind up the 20mil and buy it, that's just me, feel better that way :)
 
I have about 120 cars and counting at this point. I am not doing the birthday glitch, I really want the Jaguar XJ13, if I cannot win it, I will grind up the 20mil and buy it, that's just me, feel better that way :)

You are the man!

You can just win Indy 500 to get it, btw.
 
Thanks Kanji, that is what I am shooting for, one way or the other, I will get it. I spend WAY too much time on this game :)
 
I agree and cogratulations :sly:
 
350 cars and counting. I used the birthday exploit to get some of my favorite race cars of all time from GT4 and the expensive cars from GT5.

Was it the most ethical thing to do? No
Was it worth it? Yes

I am a car enthusiast, not a grinding enthusiast. I understand why some people hate the birthday exploit. The reason I can't save up enough credits for anything is because every race I go to the used car dealer and buy another car that I don't have and expand my garage even more. I want all 1031 cars in my garage by June 2011. :lol:
 
I am coming up to my birthday, 6th Jan 73. where do i register my age? is it on here or through the PS3?
 
Hello:

Today is my birthday and I got a Cougar 74. I'm 36, and still enjoying great video games like GT.

The car came in as a nice gift, since I also like to drive old low/medium end cars and try to find their performance peaks.

My question is, if someone did the birthday trick and put 1967 as the year of birth, would they really have a chance of winning the Ferrari, Mark IV, Miura or 2 J? Shouldn't those cars be reserved and not be included in the random choice made by the game during birthdays?

I guess I am too ethical, but even in video games I find cheating vile and something in very bad taste.

Thank you for reading.

its your game you play it how YOU want. dont criticise others for playing the game how THEY want. hypocrite
 
do i have to be on line for this to work..and how does it work ha
 
That is an exception, dude. Of course, repetitive crap is just nerd stuff. By the time I new about this cheat (today) I was A-Spec 35 and B-Spec 34.

And guess what?!

Just did the trick to get a Ferrari 67.

Don't take things personal, dude, I just like to bring controversial stuff to the forums.

But, well, yeah, if a level zero guy did the trick to get a 20 million car, well, he'd be wasting the money on GT5 and its potential fun or replay value, don't you think?

I don't understand. First you say any cheating is vile and you are too ethical of a person to do such vile things, basically calling people whome did this....vile....while painting angle wings on yourself. You also qualified that using this "trick" was cheating. Now you say you just did it?

Oh, now it depends on the level. Got it.

Also, why do you think your idea of "fun" or "replay value" has any bearing on what anyone else thinks is fun? Some people juggle geese, who are you to tell them that's not fun?
 
Last edited:
this game was made for me it came out on the 24 or the 25 and my bday was the 28 and i have my account and my ps3 has 4 other accounts all with my bday but other years for my other accounts first car i got is iroc z 28 then i log onto my main account and they bless me with gt concept <3 gt5 is love
 
Also, I haven't used any "exploits" to get the credits and cars I have. By the time I read about it, I was already well on my way making millions just using Bob to win races. And if you think using an over-powered car to ensure wins on tracks, having an imaginary driver drive that car and then not even watching the races Bob does because it's too long, boring, repetitve and so on.....then I agree and you shouldn't do that either because it'd be vile.

I'm glad someone made that point. I don't think "grinding" is any less cheating then the B-day trick. Niether one is any fun, you just do it for the cars.
 
The Vile Nature of Whining.

This topic has been beaten to death.
 
Back