The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
They also designed this:

Coca_Cola_Freestyle.jpg
I was talking about cars lol. They also designed this, you know??

hyundai__matrix_1_8i_pininfarina_2007_1_lgw.jpg

I was out of the game from the GTR onwards, so I missed a fair bulk of these. With a million credits sat doing very little, I took a plunge on the Chapparal. I was intrigued by the Subaru with the lights to display the torque vectoring and it looks really good in the black metal special livery, but ultimately I can't deny laser propulsion in the 2X swayed my decision.

I've only had time to give it a quick spin, but that spark and crackle drivetrain is hilarious. I look forward to putting some time into it.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4910198.html

Gran Turismo says:

(...) the supercar’s design theme – that of a shark, inspired by Emerson (...)

Well, that explains the front end, if anything. It's a hammerhead shark from that angle...

That aside, it's a nice addition. Obviously it's function over form, with the function being a track car-suitable VGT project that doesn't break the borders of racing realism, but it's still attractive past the front end.

The rear could do without so many similarities to Koenigsegg's Regera, however... :lol:

Are we even sure it is a VGT

No, but there are too many coincidences; the speedster shape, the mirrors, low ride height, the headlights, racing spoiler (because we all know VGTs now have to double as racing cars because of GTS). Yes, you can argue the details shown in the teaser are different from this concept roller, but we also know that teaser is old as dirt by now and how easily companies change their projects before release (cough BMW cough cough)...

If anything it stays really close to the sketch, but still I think we shouldn't come to the conclusion that it's a VGT yet.

If anything it stays really close to the sketch, but still I think we shouldn't come to the conclusion that it's a VGT yet.

Quite, it's not that time yet. Until Honda and/or PD decide to tease it as a VGT, we can't jump to conclusions. All I'm saying is that the possibility exists far more with this car than, say, college projects which aren't supported by VGT manufacturers...

Latest Posts

Back