The Weekly Arcade Time Attack

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 230 comments
Australia
Melbourne
GTPr01 (GT); TheGTAFather (GTA)
Welcome all to the Weekly Arcade Time Attack series, whereby the ultimate aim is to be able to establish GTPlanet-dominated 'online rankings' for each and every car & track combination posted on each Sunday that begins the week, as well as helping find our true positions of skill amongst all the online GTP racers here. Once you think that you've nailed your best time, post it and I'll update the first page.
The winner at the end of the week will go on to choose the car & track combination for the next week.

Due to a similar event setting already having taken place, we will begin from Week 3 as of today.

Week 1: Mine's BNR34 @ Suzuka East Forward (Professional)
Week 2: Jaguar XK-R @ Suzuka East Forward (Professional)

Week 3:Honda Integra Type-R @ Eiger Nordwand Forward (Professional)
{22/6/08; 06:00 GMT - 29/6/06; 12:00 GMT}

Current GTP positions:

#1 - GTP_Timppaq - 1'16.930
#2 - Zocker16_GTRP - 1'16.974
#3 - GTP_Sphinx - 1'17.043

#4 - GTP_Vaxen - 1'17.057
#5 - GTP_Mr_P - 1'17.097
#6 - GTNDC-MadForce - 1'17.123
#7 - GT5net_Wayne - 1'17.141
#8 - GTP_Doggyollie - 1'17.220
#9 - CMir - 1'17.364
#10 - GTP_Brakefade – 1’17.405
#11 - GTP_Earth – 1’17.436
#12 - GTP_MisterWeary - 1'17.506
#13 - GTP_Beerz - 1’17.525
#14 - GTP_CWR (USA) - 1’17.763
#15 - GTP_Stotty - 1'17.816
#16 - GTP_Jake - 1'17.880
#17 – GTP_ANGELx – 1’18.046
#18 - GTP_nige - 1'18.087
#19 - GTPr01 (AU) - 1’18.207
#20 - GTP_L_Hamilton - 1'18.223
#21 - GTP_Sarlech (UK) - 1'18.393
#22 - GTP_nd4holdenspd (AU) - 1'18.404
#23 - GTP_vanuber7 - 1'18.766
#24 - GTP_NumerObis (SWZ) - 1’18.860
#25 - GTP_hyperuk - 1'18.881
#26 - GTP_Jostheboss (NL) - 1'18.943
#27 - GTP_CudaDude (US) - 1'18.992
#28 - GTP_Ardius - 1'19.310
#29 - GTP_chemicaL - 1'19.988

So without further ado, start your engines racers and above all do your best and have fun!

Integra you say? Does it matter if we don't take first?

It doesn't matter if you come first, all I ask is you just try your best to make the top 100. Afterall, that is what these events are particuarly about; spreading the ability of the GTP racers across the board. 👍

It doesn't matter if you come first, all I ask is you just try your best to make the top 100. Afterall, that is what these events are particuarly about; spreading the ability of the GTP racers across the board. 👍

I think it's time to admit I'm not fast. 60 something until all you guys have your say, set a time on my 2nd lap and couldn't beat it. 0.3sec behind you, the times are close. 0.3sec spreads 20 places.:eek:

I think it's time to admit I'm not fast. 60 something until all you guys have your say, set a time on my 2nd lap and couldn't beat it. 0.3sec behind you, the times are close. 0.3sec spreads 20 places.:eek:

That's fine. It took me a rather long time to get what I did, so with a few more runs I think you'll be able to get there.

Something to remember though is that 50% of the difference in laptimes between the best and the average racers on this track is decided in the first bout of tight corners. Once you can cover them well, the rest is up to you.

By the way, if you are happy with what you have now, could you possibly post your time? Your current position, however, is unnecessary, because everyone's will inevitably change a lot once we all start to see each other on the leaderboard. 👍

That's fine. It took me a rather long time to get what I did, so with a few more runs I think you'll be able to get there.

Something to remember though is that 50% of the difference in laptimes between the best and the average racers on this track is decided in the first bout of tight corners. Once you can cover them well, the rest is up to you.

By the way, if you are happy with what you have now, could you possibly post your time? Your current position, however, is unnecessary, because everyone's will inevitably change a lot once we all start to see each other on the leaderboard. 👍

I loaded the 1st place ghost to see what I could learn, I hope that's not frowned upon. Anyway, with that extra assistance I got up to 38th. I think that time was like 1'18.404? Then I tried a manual, but can't focus on the shifts and perfect line at the same time, so my average lap time was around 0.5sec slower. It also hurts that I use triggers for accelerating and braking, and using the right-hand joystick to shift is hard. Makes me want a steering wheel.:dopey: Are there any good ones that don't make noises like a rattle gun? Does the one with the H-Shifter make loud noises?

I loaded the 1st place ghost to see what I could learn, I hope that's not frowned upon. Anyway, with that extra assistance I got up to 38th. I think that time was like 1'17.404? Then I tried a manual, but can't focus on the shifts and perfect line at the same time, so my average lap time was around 0.5sec slower. It also hurts that I use triggers for accelerating and braking, and using the right-hand joystick to shift is hard. Makes me want a steering wheel.:dopey: Are there any good ones that don't make noises like a rattle gun? Does the one with the H-Shifter make loud noises?

I use a SIXASIS controller as well. I know how annoying it can be!

I am well off the pace.. Althouth I can beat 10th place in the esses, after that I just can't get around the turn in the tunnel very fast..

60th as of right now.

I am well off the pace.. Althouth I can beat 10th place in the esses, after that I just can't get around the turn in the tunnel very fast..

60th as of right now.

In the tunnel? You mean the fast right hander after the tunnel? Just ease off the throttle slightly as you enter then get back on once you can.

Yes I ment after the tunnel. I will keep working on it. Thanks for the tips.

I have tried different lines into that corner and none of them are fast..

Thought I'd have a crack...just enough to poke my nose in front :sly:

1'18.339

Good idea for a comp I might add 👍

P.S. I think nd4holdenspeed's time is actually 1'18.404

Thought I'd have a crack...just enough to poke my nose in front :sly:

1'18.339

Good idea for a comp I might add 👍

P.S. I think nd4holdenspeed's time is actually 1'18.404

Yeah, probably thanks. So what rank is your time?

Edit: I changed my time in the other post too so there's no confusion.

Ummm...I think it was 30 or something, no doubt it'll change though.

[EDIT] I see you trying to go faster Pro :sly: I have as well...1'18.179. I might be able to find another 0.2...it's tough though that's for sure!!! [/EDIT]

1'17.781 :)

Edit:

1'17.604

Edit:

1'17.483 (See post #20 for latest time).

That's my lot for now. 👍

I knew my reign at the top would be short-lived...I was having another go at it when I saw "GTP_Sphinx is now online" and I KNEW you were coming to destroy this challenge :sly: Nice work Jerry and Nige 👍

New time for me: 1'18.141

I got nothing more for today, it's kind of like a WRS event, I very much like this idea 👍

[EDIT] Oh dear...I see Hugo looking at this thread...I see a 1'16 coming... [/EDIT]

just had another quick session and improved my time:

1'17.311

This puts me into 2nd place overall, but getting close to the 1'17.014 top time will be hard and possibly out of my reach. I'll check his replay out and see if he's using a G25 and clutch.

Probably just as well, the leaderboards would all be pushed down one if he did :sly:

I noticed you improved a little there Jerry. I realised I was driving with TCS on 1 :dunce: so I've had another crack:

Final Time: 1'17.850

I hit all but two corners the best I could and so there might be another 0.2 in it for me but I doubt it, nearly made the top 10 :(

i HATE this track but i will give it a go, just to get more GTP's in the top 100, if i can get in the top 100 :lol:

that will do for now..i won't post my time up yet, i'm pretty confident i could get into the top 20 with a few more laps.

I gave it a quick try and 1.17.617 👍

Thanks Sphinx for the ghost and yes you have at least 0.15 on the last 2 S and 0.1 on the double right before the tunnel ;)

I ran some also and got 1'17.332 ... cool little combo!

much more enjoyable than that damn academy crap anyway ;)

Just gave it a try using Sphinx's ghost, best I got was 1:18.222s.

There are a couple of corners that I make up a few 100's of a sec, but I lose a lot on others, especially the 2nd hairpin, the exit to the bridge and the last turn altogether, I just can't get that one right. :ouch:

First post rankings updated. This is fantastic guys, exactly what was wanted. It has so far definitely fulfilled one of it's purposes to compare the skill of some of the GTP-ers around here. Those of you in the <1'17.999 are amazing. 👍

But we can't stop now. Even with 11 people already having registered their times, it would be brilliant if we could manage 100!

Keep up the good times. 👍

1'17.984... rank c.22... might be able to knock a couple of 1/10th's off, but not much more with the pad.

Back