The Weekly Drift Series: Week 1 -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Vote for the clip you like the most. You may set your own evaluation criteria.

• [YOUTUBE]3V3akQMQY3o[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [YOUTUBE]Xu4piYgX7Ik[/YOUTUBE]

• [YOUTUBE]XkBL_Ro_38M[/YOUTUBE]

• [YOUTUBE]WDpZ2Ij67ZY[/YOUTUBE]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me i'm little confused with your evaluation,
Give me your point of vue, how you evaluate a good run than a an another.
for me the first thing i watch is where the drift are initiate [more is far from the corner more point he gets],now,the entry speed on the corner,after this, i evaluate the angle,smoke and gaz throttle [if you have good control or not].
After all this i watch the exit,the smoothest you finish your drift more point i gives.And now the best drifting line for me is something like this.

Like you see, for me a clean drifting is that, you have to take all the corner, and more your closer to the wall at the entry, angle and exit point more you gets point, for me this way to drift show really your skills.
Give me your point of vue about that,and what is imoprtant to you.

Well, sometimes you gotta compromise the racing line to maintain a solid drift, or to set up for a link... The best drift line is not necessarily the same as the best grip line imo.

I personally favor drifts that make the best use of the track to drift as long as possible (often well onto the straights if it means you make the link to the next corner). There should be enough angle to generate smoke and clearly visible countersteer. Once those criteria are met, I'll start looking at higher angles.

I also love a clean, fast exit. The entry is, for me, less important as long as the drift starts before the turn.

Cutting a drift short or slowing down drastically at exit because of misjudging line or angle (deep breath now) are the most common "mistakes" in my eyes...

Ske
Well, sometimes you gotta compromise the racing line to maintain a solid drift, or to set up for a link... The best drift line is not necessarily the same as the best grip line imo.

I personally favor drifts that make the best use of the track to drift as long as possible (often well onto the straights if it means you make the link to the next corner). There should be enough angle to generate smoke and clearly visible countersteer. Once those criteria are met, I'll start looking at higher angles.

I also love a clean, fast exit. The entry is, for me, less important as long as the drift starts before the turn.

Cutting a drift short or slowing down drastically at exit because of misjudging line or angle (deep breath now) are the most common "mistakes" in my eyes...

Great breakdown Ske. 👍

yeah totally agree with you Ske for compromise your line for best linking drift, but do you prefer 2 or 3 big corner with big angle and all the stuff, or you prefer linking corner with less angle and less smoke too?

yeah totally agree with you Ske for compromise your line for best linking drift, but do you prefer 2 or 3 big corner with big angle and all the stuff, or you prefer linking corner with less angle and less smoke too?

I prefer linking any linkable corners personally... but I also like the tires to be smoking constantly and the angle to be above a certain level (not necessarily 60 degrees all the time)

It's almost impossible to set standards in black and white like this for me... I really prefer to see the drift and then comment on it ;)

Ske
It's almost impossible to set standards in black and white like this for me... I really prefer to see the drift and then comment on it ;)

Yes indeed, that's the easiest way to be able to comment on someones drift. See them drift. No two peoples drift are the same, so it would be hard to set a standard.

I agree with you and the racing line. Some people go far off a line that you would take for racing, but it makes their drift go longer and look alot better.

They pull some crazy line that you never even thought of, that's really cool to me. Getting creative with your drifting. 👍

Looks like the Crossfire has taken the first WDS, wonder who he is???

Weekly Drift Series: Week 1

Results

1st -- Ske - video #12 - 11 votes
(removed Ske's vote for himself)

2nd -- Midnight Runner - video #8 - 6 votes

3rd -- HackiRoku - video #1 - 2 votes
___ -- Suzuki - video #4 - 2 votes
___ -- TRi - video #5 - 2 votes
___ -- SMOKEY BANDIT - video #11 - 2 votes

7th -- GEETOWN_DRIFTER - video #2 - 1 vote
___ --Drift2XS - video #3 - 1 vote

9th -- Boundary Layer - video #6 - 0 votes
___ -- Geoff - video #7 - 0 votes
___ -- ~Drift King~ - video #9 - 0 votes
___ -- eds040 - video #10 - 0 votes

Thanks to everyone for participating and voting. I will be contacting Ske by PM to get his picks for the theme and location of WDS Week 4.

Thanks again guys. 👍👍

Tomorrow and new theme/location will be announced for WDS Week 3, and the WDS Week 2 Poll will be constructed. Please be sure to read the changes to the polling system for next week - they can be found in the first post of that thread.

Great video Ske, I totally thought it was BL until he had said he had no votes in another post. :)

Looking forward to seeing whats in store for week 3. 👍

a great drift doesnt have to show the most countersteer. For fast drift not for show, you want to keep your angle shallow. I enter corners using a 4-wheel drift and exit at the highest speed possible keeping my angle as low as possible for time attacks and using drifting as the fastest way around a corner.

Completely opposite for show drifts.
Big angle=more smoke and excitment.

Great video Ske, I totally thought it was BL until he had said he had no votes in another post. :)

Ya, that other stupid car totally got in my way and made me change my line into the second corner - I was going for the unique vote. ~shrugs~
Guess I won't try that again.

Good job Ske 👍
And let's not forget Midnight Runner either. 👍

Looking forward to seeing whats in store for week 3. 👍

hehe, it should be a good one. ;)

Ya, that other stupid car totally got in my way and made me change my line into the second corner - I was going for the unique vote. ~shrugs~
Guess I won't try that again.

Good job Ske 👍
And let's not forget Midnight Runner either. 👍

Yeah, I noticed the S2000 was it getting in your way.

Not at all, great effort by everyone. Expecting great vids for the next poll. :)

Latest Posts

Back