The Weekly Drift Series: Week 1 -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Vote for the clip you like the most. You may set your own evaluation criteria.

• [YOUTUBE]3V3akQMQY3o[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [YOUTUBE]Xu4piYgX7Ik[/YOUTUBE]

• [YOUTUBE]XkBL_Ro_38M[/YOUTUBE]

• [YOUTUBE]WDpZ2Ij67ZY[/YOUTUBE]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn some quality vids there..
SO hard to vote, do i vote for angle? do i vote for the fact they linked the whole thing or what! :P

Bad quality? Sorry thats probably my video.. green ford f6?

damn some quality vids there..
SO hard to vote, do i vote for angle? do i vote for the fact they linked the whole thing or what! :P

There are some really good vids here. Can't wait to see next week entrants. That should be an interesting watch with the corners Swift selected. :)

Bad quality? Sorry thats probably my video.. green ford f6?

Don't worry about it, at least you took part. 👍
I actually wasn't able to watch your vid for some reason, did anyone else have this trouble?

wooohhhh! as expected , there's a lot of good vidz up there 👍 !!
i did well to prepare myself to be amazed :dopey:

i just got to say that it' s hard to choose a single vid but i'll look each one closely...first sight , the last vid should take it with its linking!

wooohhhh! as expected , there's a lot of good vidz up there 👍 !!

Ya, you aren't kidding. I'm quite impressed with the quality of the entries, and am a bit ashamed of my own efforts having seen the other vids. I'm kinda rusty after my summer off. I've definitely got to focus more on my technique/line/angle in future weeks, and less on just being unique/innovative.

Ske
Exactly how I feel...

hah! gimme a break. I know exactly which vid is yours and you look anything but rusty in it. :sly: Good job btw 👍

edit:
I've given the 'okay' to Geoff to post a link to a better version of his video in the thread for those that would like to view it. His is the 7th video in the poll. Just a quick history, he had difficulty recording it with his camera and had to do it last minute with his cell phone - the reason for the low quality. I give him 'A' for effort though, he did at least find a way of turning something in for us to view rather than backing out. 👍

Normally I'd be against people posting their own links or saying which vid is theirs, but since it's the first week and everything is in 'test run mode', it doesn't bug me at all.

Geoff, you may post your link at your leisure.

Definitely a hard choice here. In the end I have to give it to the R32, the dive view's spin camera on the first corner is great. If I have time I will enter next week, looks fun.

One question, how much editing is allowed for the first run (the non-chase camera run)? Can I do multiple view (split screens)?

Don't worry about it, at least you took part. 👍
I actually wasn't able to watch your vid for some reason, did anyone else have this trouble?
WHatttttt isn't mine working :( no wonder i have no votes haha.

I picked the last vid as imo drifting the whole corners is better then huge angles.. I dont think u can get both big angles and linkage on those corners..

I also think that there should be one or two non bias judges who sort through all the entrys and then give a top 3 or 4 THEN the public vote for the winner.. imo too many videos makes it harder to judge and clutter the page... especially for dial up users like me :P

#3, love the first corner(!!) but second corner wasnt so hot. not a bad run
#4 love the 360 into the first corner, too bad you didnt link them together. i think i know who you are ;)
#12 only one who had good angle through both corners yet also linking them. i also think i know who you are.

and this is for everyone. TURN YOUR BRIGHTNESS UP!!! i can bearly see half the cars in there. its even worse if you use a dark colored car. if your on a dark map, PLEASE turn the brightness up before submitting the video.

BL this is for you...
number the videos next time. it gets kinda hard/confusing trying to remember which ones you commented on and which one your at. not fun having to go up and back down after every video.

so in the end, i voted for #12. good job!
id like to tell everyone nice job! i just hope to see the same people participating so i can keep track of how your skills are developing.

BL this is for you...
number the videos next time. it gets kinda hard/confusing trying to remember which ones you commented on and which one your at. not fun having to go up and back down after every video.

Actually, I meant to. I wanted to make sure the youtube tags were working and hit post poll instead of preview poll by mistake :dunce:. hehe, I'm lucky the videos even made it into the poll.

Actually, I meant to. I wanted to make sure the youtube tags were working and hit post poll instead of preview poll by mistake :dunce:. hehe, I'm lucky the videos even made it into the poll.
Why don't you put them in the first post and then make the poll?

lol nice mistake :crazy:
yeah i didnt know if you even thought about it or not. but 👍 since you did.

so will everyone who submitted a vid's name be revealed after the poll is over with?

lol nice mistake :crazy:
yeah i didnt know if you even thought about it or not. but 👍 since you did.

so will everyone who submitted a vid's name be revealed after the poll is over with?

If you check the first post of the threadI've indicated in the entrants section who did and didn't submit a clip. When the final results are posted next weekend I'll say who did what.

If you check the first post of the threadI've indicated in the entrants section who did and didn't submit a clip. When the final results are posted next weekend I'll say who did what.

I wouldn't mind turning mine in for fun but damn...

#12 all the way in my eyes. i could have sworn it was sheron at first, but he's not in this. thought it was bl as well cuz i think he used that car against dc in a battle once. but now i dont know who it is.

i liked the s2000 had a ton of angle in the first, but lost speed and i think pulled the ebrake.

i just can't justify an awd in the comp as i know how much easier it is to get more angle and speed. it was a good run tho. an awd wds would def be fun.

also i love the mr2 solely for the sw20 choice.

thats all i remember.

TRi
#12 all the way in my eyes. i could have sworn it was Sheron at first, but he's not in this.

:sly: :dunce::dunce:

Yes, #12 seems my style. The succesful link gets my vote.

Special mention to #9 (Lancer Evo VI) for stability and smoothness. I really liked it.

edit:
I've given the 'okay' to Geoff to post a link to a better version of his video in the thread for those that would like to view it. His is the 7th video in the poll. Just a quick history, he had difficulty recording it with his camera and had to do it last minute with his cell phone - the reason for the low quality. I give him 'A' for effort though, he did at least find a way of turning something in for us to view rather than backing out. 👍

I thought the drifing looked good in that vid, just hard to judge. Would love to see the better quality version.

I voted for the great number 12. It stood out the most to me out of all of them. Great use of the corners and linkage (is that a word?) and very smooth. I would of voted for mine. :) But that is just not right.

The 240sx was also good with that spin. I liked the editing at the start with the music also.

They were all good in my opinion. Good Job everyone. 👍

If it's going to be a public poll, then I think it should be a top 10. I can see there being 20 entrants and having to watch over 30 minutes of videos. That's a lot of time.

I do think the poll is a good idea as it takes OUT the GTPDC scoring system and looks at the vid as a whole.

EDIT:

After watching the vids, I must say that I got to the behind car view ASAP and didn't even consider the "dive" cam view in my assesments. Honeslty, I think we could just go with the behind car view. That's my opinion on it. :)

I went for #1 just because I thought they displayed the most control throughout the entire section. The Black S2000(number 3 I think) was a very close second.

I didn't go for the skyline because they got more angle on the second corner then the one going into the tunnel. It looked cool, but didn't take full advantage of the contour of the banked road.

Also the black 240 that did the spin was slick...but the drift through the corner wasn't reall a drift, more of a recovery.

yeah, this track is great for doing 360 into the first corner. i was also thinking about doing that, but i didnt have enough time to get it down to how i liked it.

thanks to BL for letting me posting a cleaner vid' and everyone for nice words 👍

i thought at first it would be enough with my cell phone but once uploaded , the result is :yuck:

here is the link to the same vid' captured with my camera...there's no sound at all but it should be better...i even thought i could edit it but it s in quicktime and i can't do nothing about it :ill: ...that s why there' s a vid for each view :ouch: :) and it s not so good...it's too dark :guilty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swir9cV3yJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35aNoaguujw

for those who want to see it a bit better here's a rapidshare link with the files i uploaded on youtube.

http://rapidshare.de/files/34442471/WDSweek1geoff.rar.html

i get the fact that this first week is a kind of test for WDS so that' s why i let myself put such a crappy quality vid'...as told to BL , i 'll be able for next weeks to send a maxdrive file to a friend who will send me back a good qaulity uploadable vid'...
if there' s another problem, i got a plan B...a friend of mine as a camera that uses the Windowsmedia format and i could once make a little edited vid' with sound n stuff...

see by yourself : it was the fist time i ever used windowsmoviemaker and i had a great time :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/34444241/geoff-the_bat_out_of_hell-.wmv.html

Back