The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
10x tyre wear on SS? Erm... can I use off road tyres? I think I'm gunna be spending most of the race on the grass anyways........:crazy:
As Pigems said, the wear/use of tire and fuel is about the same. I was testing it with the Cobra, and it feels just right... until the last lap or two. :lol:

As Pigems said, the wear/use of tire and fuel is about the same. I was testing it with the Cobra, and it feels just right... until the last lap or two. :lol:

I agree, I’m sticking with the Cobra. MR Cars are super dicey with this combo. :lol:

I’m stoked for the race tonight!! Good Luck everyone! ::cheers:

Qyn
I think practice starts in 2 1/2 hours. Qualifying starts at 7:50 our time. Race starts at 8 AST/EST if I'm not mistaken.

Ok cool, thanks. I just don’t wanna be late. You gonna come out?

Yep! Not many people signed up this time, so jump on in when I ping everyone here with the lobby code :)
Ok cool. Thanks! :dopey:
Ok cool, thanks. I just don’t wanna be late. You gonna come out?

Absolutely! :dopey:

Edit: I hate that I missed your races last night :ouch:. College football got me! :dopey:

Didn't think about the races until well after 11pm :scared: :lol:

Last edited:
Think I'll bring this beauty out tonight.
7206349844224442913_23.jpg

Well that was good for practice :scared:. Now I remember why I stay away from race A. I still can't race on street tires :lol: (got some work to do). Can only imagine it's gonna get worse when the track gets wet.

Had a great time watching you guys lap me over and over again :crazy:. Hope I didn't get in anyone's way :nervous:.

Qyn
Well that was good for practice :scared:. Now I remember why I stay away from race A. I still can't race on street tires :lol: (got some work to do). Can only imagine it's gonna get worse when the track gets wet.

Had a great time watching you guys lap me over and over again :crazy:. Hope I didn't get in anyone's way :nervous:.
Your car looked massive compared to everybody else's (If I'm remembering right and you were in the Camaro). How close did you get to the minimum weight?

Qyn

Lol you and me both! @Mistah_MCA , now aren't you glad you had ghosting on :lol:? Although it was pretty disconcerting having @Pigems drive through me on the chicane :scared:.

I think the little Jag was fairly even with the Cobras, but with my driving it just wasn't happening. My experience with the Cobra in the past was that it was happiest sliding through the corners. I think the Jag is the same, but instead of a smooth slide I was getting too sideways and scrubbing massive speed, and with the standard gearing there just wasn't enough momentum to maintain the higher gear.

Lol you and me both! @Mistah_MCA , now aren't you glad you had ghosting on :lol:? Although it was pretty disconcerting having @Pigems drive through me on the chicane :scared:.

I think the little Jag was fairly even with the Cobras, but with my driving it just wasn't happening. My experience with the Cobra in the past was that it was happiest sliding through the corners. I think the Jag is the same, but instead of a smooth slide I was getting too sideways and scrubbing massive speed, and with the standard gearing there just wasn't enough momentum to maintain the higher gear.

Sorry about that, I was planning to go around but then we got close to the chicane and I ran out of room to do so. I Hope I didn’t mean mess you up. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I was planning to go around but then we got close to the chicane and I ran out of room to do so. I Hope I didn’t mean Essa you up. :cheers:

No prob... you didn't have anywhere else to go and waiting for a ghost just means the guy behind you has an opportunity to catch up. @GOTMAXPOWER seemed to enjoy gleefully driving through me.... 3 times :P. I had predicted I'd be lapped 6 times, so I guess I wasn't doing too bad :crazy:. I was expecting @Qyn to get it together, catch up and pass me. Should have stuck with the XJ13 plan bro ;).

Your car looked massive compared to everybody else's (If I'm remembering right and you were in the Camaro). How close did you get to the minimum weight?
Yep, chose the Camaro :banghead: lol. It was no where near 1700 lbs, and handled like a 🤬 barge :lol:.
Ahhhh yes.....the little details. Wish I had paid attention as I didn't realize ghosting was on. I was swerving out of the way trying to keep from being "that guy" :scared: that ruined the race everyone had anticipated for a month :odd: . Still had a blast though.
I had predicted I'd be lapped 6 times, so I guess I wasn't doing too bad :crazy:. I was expecting @Qyn to get it together, catch up and pass me. Should have stuck with the XJ13 plan bro ;)

I think I was dow 7 laps at the end. There was a point where I did get a handle on the old bucket when you had an off or 2. Unfortunately for me, right when you took your cruise through the pasture, I did too :lol:. Everytime we got back on the black stuff your little car would take off like a rocket :eek:. I saw the writing on the wall by lap 2 or 3 ("this is gonna be a looooong hour") :lol:.

For some reason I couldn't join with the XJ13 :(. Tried to make adjustments to power and weight accordingly, but something was still off. So I jumped back in the garage and just grabbed something.

Anyone wanna do 30 minutes on rainy Red Bull Ring? :lol:

I'll be happy to set that up (with whatever car class you guys want) and have it happen soon after the Area 51 race :D

Latest Posts

Back