The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
That was some spicy racing!

Congratulations to @Dezcom for the awesome win at 1 Hour of Mount Panorama! :cheers:
Spicy indeed... I was a little unhinged through the bends in the F1, sorry if I pushed you about! Skechy runs up and down the mountain trying to keep you in sight were fun, but spent most of the race alone. Was still well worth coming though as for the most part I kept my act together and had no super major offs, so thanks again for hosting.

Next one sounds like a blast. I will be there, scandi flicking a Stratos through the chicane.

well that was an experience... all nice and tight on Lap 1 then i scraped a couple of walls and ended up doing that thing where you rev the engine to get back out the gravel and just keep doing 360's :crazy:
25 seconds behind after 3 laps wasn't going to end well. Very enjoyable though as i've never raced the mountain before and only really done a few laps here and there, so was one big learning curve. Then the 2am finish and then getting up for work at 6:30 really tested me :mischievous:
Here's looking forward to the next one and thanks again @Mistah_MCA for arranging everything :gtpflag:

<pout> And I was looking forward to this race all month :odd:. How many people did you get in the end?
11 started, 8 finished. I finished in 4th. I almost caught up to 3rd place with 2 minutes remaining, and my idiot self choked it. :banghead:

I know right. I did many laps in prep too. And we didn't even get to use our Aussie liveries in anger!
I should hold a short practice race the day before (or even way before) the race so we can see if any of us have that issue. I still think it has to do with the NAT stuff.

I should hold a short practice race the day before (or even way before) the race so we can see if any of us have that issue. I still think it has to do with the NAT stuff.

Well I'm glad you had enough for a decent race. Still a bit miffed that I missed a 1h on my home turf. You had people from outside America so I guess it wasn't that. I didn't have any issues the day before with @Pigems weekly. I think the evil aliens (read Japanese idol singers) conspired to stop us from joining :mad:. Hopefully The Festival of Speed next month won't have the same issue.

11 started, 8 finished. I finished in 4th. I almost caught up to 3rd place with 2 minutes remaining, and my idiot self choked it. :banghead:

Do you have a hard wired connection to your PS4? I’ve found I’ve had much less Lobby issues since going wired. :)

Well I'm glad you had enough for a decent race. Still a bit miffed that I missed a 1h on my home turf. You had people from outside America so I guess it wasn't that. I didn't have any issues the day before with @Pigems weekly. I think the evil aliens (read Japanese idol singers) conspired to stop us from joining :mad:. Hopefully The Festival of Speed next month won't have the same issue.
We'll have to go back soon. :D

Do you have a hard wired connection to your PS4? I’ve found I’ve had much less Lobby issues since going wired. :)
Yup! My PS4 runs a wired connection.

It seems to be a lottery with lobbies. I tried a different lobby and could join no problem. When we did Le mans and N24 I had Nat Type 2 as well as always. It wasn't the number of people either as I still couldn't join at 10/16. Some weird random bug.

I saw two others from the UK managed to join, but not @JoeyLeonine. It's a mystery as with all things network related. Useless standard errors that don't see anything. The only thing I didn't try was changing my car first before entering. I was trying to connect with the Suzuki Swift with a livery made from decals found with the search function. No clue if that can have any effect, yet that's the only difference I can think of from last time. Both Sarthe and N24 races I joined with liveries made from decals I uploaded myself.

See you in the next one! Btw my internet did start to act up again between 8 and 9 (when you guys were racing) with some weird lag while dropping to yellow a couple times. At least you were spared my glitching :)

Me thinking about the mountain while glitching around the karoussel
vanellope-glitch.gif

Yeah it was odd. I randomly jumped into some German guys lobby just to see of I could get anywhere and that worked. Probably gave him all sorts of questions!

I was in the Vantage ready to go so even in an appropriate car it was a no-go.

Also, I tried to enter just after @Leftcurl and @MaxAttack when the lobby was 3/16 so who knows. Maybe there's a quota on 'foreigners' when the yanks are hosting! :lol:

Only thing I didn't try was to find another American hosted lobby and join it?

Mind you, I still can't hack back into my router (embarrassing...) so we may never know if the old static IPs and port forwarding/DMZ config achieves anything.

just thinking out loud here... but how about trying to arrange an event for EMEA vs NA? I saw a youtube video maybe a year or so ago where some of the aliens got together and did a team race thing.. multi class... team event...
ok, so i decide to find the video to refresh my memory :crazy:

the 2 hour thing might be an issue.. but see what you guys think. If it was PST then maybe if you could aim a little earlier, like 2pm then it would give us EMEA guys a chance at between 10pm - 12am start.

Don't want to tread on anyone's toes... just a suggestion :gtpflag:

just thinking out loud here... but how about trying to arrange an event for EMEA vs NA? I saw a youtube video maybe a year or so ago where some of the aliens got together and did a team race thing.. multi class... team event...
ok, so i decide to find the video to refresh my memory :crazy:

the 2 hour thing might be an issue.. but see what you guys think. If it was PST then maybe if you could aim a little earlier, like 2pm then it would give us EMEA guys a chance at between 10pm - 12am start.

Don't want to tread on anyone's toes... just a suggestion :gtpflag:

I'd be down to try that, but in a 1 hour format. 💡 It's an awesome idea!

And speaking of ideas: If anyone has any cool ideas that they want to pitch for the next events, let me know!

I'd be down to try that, but in a 1 hour format. 💡 It's an awesome idea!

And speaking of ideas: If anyone has any cool ideas that they want to pitch for the next events, let me know!
defo the 1 hour format yes.. maybe replicate Le Mans with Gr3 and Gr1 multi class, but i think we'd need more players with no ghosting for lapped cars, so you have to navigate traffic just like the real thing - maybe 20? Not sure how many you can allow in a race. All ideas to throw in the hat.

Back