The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
defo the 1 hour format yes.. maybe replicate Le Mans with Gr3 and Gr1 multi class, but i think we'd need more players with no ghosting for lapped cars, so you have to navigate traffic just like the real thing - maybe 20? Not sure how many you can allow in a race. All ideas to throw in the hat.

Iffin ya gonna do Cirqu du soleil, gotta be a night race ;) I'm guessing after 2.4 hours at Nurb, @Mistah_MCA found 2.4h too fatiguing :crazy:.

As for the next race, Goodwood, I did the GT Lounge event today .. the only time I'm likely to use a POS FORD.. never in public! 600+ hp even with *soft racing tyres* was slide city, so yeh.. dialling down the hp should be good. was thinking round the 200hp range, but that will be up to @Mistah_MCA 👍

I'd be down to try that, but in a 1 hour format. 💡 It's an awesome idea!

And speaking of ideas: If anyone has any cool ideas that they want to pitch for the next events, let me know!
Some off the top of my head to get the ball rolling -

Gr 3 and Gr 4 at Brands Hatch GP (British GT Championship)
Some kinda Red Bull at an oval, perhaps both the JR and 2019 for some kind of multiclass Indycar madness?
All crap cars somewhere to emulate 24h Lemons
Gr 2 + Gr 3 at somewhere in Japan, emulating Super GT
Rally Legends (Mini Cooper, A110, Stratos etc) + Gr B. At Fisherman's Ranch.

@Leftcurl The limit is 16 players for Lobbies. I'd love to do it at Le Mans if it had a night time condition. :lol:

Iffin ya gonna do Cirqu du soleil, gotta be a night race ;) I'm guessing after 2.4 hours at Nurb, @Mistah_MCA found 2.4h too fatiguing :crazy:.

As for the next race, Goodwood, I did the GT Lounge event today .. the only time I'm likely to use a POS FORD.. never in public! 600+ hp even with *soft racing tyres* was slide city, so yeh.. dialling down the hp should be good. was thinking round the 200hp range, but that will be up to @Mistah_MCA 👍
2.4h of Le Mans and N24, and both events were a few weeks apart from each other. As awesome it was to do those events, I was exhausted by the end of each event. :lol:

Well, not just up to me, but it will also be up to the lowest power limit that the cars can have. I'll have the lowest power limit on the OP cars below:

Ferrari 330 P4: 66%, 294 HP
Jaguar XJ13: 58% at 295 HP
Ford Mk IV: 58% at 291 HP
Shelby Daytona: 76% at 292 HP
Shelby Cobra: 72% at 349 HP
I'm thinking of having the max power limit at 350 HP. 💡 Still don't know the weight limit yet, so I'll be taking a look at that.

Some off the top of my head to get the ball rolling -

Gr 3 and Gr 4 at Brands Hatch GP (British GT Championship)
Some kinda Red Bull at an oval, perhaps both the JR and 2019 for some kind of multiclass Indycar madness?
All crap cars somewhere to emulate 24h Lemons
Gr 2 + Gr 3 at somewhere in Japan, emulating Super GT
Rally Legends (Mini Cooper, A110, Stratos etc) + Gr B. At Fisherman's Ranch.
These are some really nice ideas! :D

I'll update the first post later, but I have the weight/power limits on hand.

Maximum power: 350 HP

Minimum weight: 1700lbs/~771kg

Cars from my garage that fit the category that will reach 350hp:

1974 Countach LP400
1971 Pantera
1971 Mustang Mach1
1970 Challenger R/T
1970 RX500
1969 Camaro Z28
1967 330 P4
1967 Mark IV Race Car
1967 Miura P400
1966 XJ13
1966 Cobra 427
1966 GT40 Mark 1
1965 G.T.350
1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe
1963 Corvette C2
1961 E-type Coupe
1960 XNR Ghia Roadster

Cars that don't:
1973 Stratos
1972 A110
1968 500F
1967 2000GT
1966 R8 Gordini
1966 Volkswagon 1200
1965 Mini-Cooper-S
1962 Sambabus Typ 2
1956 356 A/1500 GS GTCarrera Speedster

I was figuring on going with this:

20190810131309.jpg

I was figuring on going with this:

View attachment 842163
That would be pretty cool. :D I'm thinking about doing it with the 250 GTO.

I was doing a test run with the P4. It surprisingly feels very controllable under the power/weight limit and with sport soft tires.

I think I remember setting the tires at x12. I'm just messing with the fuel. I had it at x8 (I think) last night, and I had to pit around lap 6 or 7. I'm trying to find the sweet spot so we don't have to pit so often.

I was doing a test run with the P4. It surprisingly feels very controllable under the power/weight limit and with sport soft tires.

Of the rip off cars (I swear Mike Brewer is setting the prices) , I think the P4 is the easiest to deal with.. I got mine as a gift car. I just figured on a classic British track I'd go with a British car....no matter how much of a handful it is or what my chances of doing well with it are :lol:.

I'd love to do the Goodwood race but it looks like it's right around the time I'm scheduled to potentially move to Netherlands and my life may well be pretty crazy.

Nothing is set in stone yet so I'll keep you updated.

Of the rip off cars (I swear Mike Brewer is setting the prices) , I think the P4 is the easiest to deal with.. I got mine as a gift car. I just figured on a classic British track I'd go with a British car....no matter how much of a handful it is or what my chances of doing well with it are :lol:.
Yeah, and I mean, this isn't supposed to be super competitive, sooo... :D
I'm going to be messing with more of the cars before I come across a decision.

I'd love to do the Goodwood race but it looks like it's right around the time I'm scheduled to potentially move to Netherlands and my life may well be pretty crazy.

Nothing is set in stone yet so I'll keep you updated.
No worries! Hopefully you can attend! :)

hopefully i can make this, it's a Bank Holiday in the UK on Monday 26th August so no work! Just need to check with the current Mrs Leftcurl that we're not busy elsewhere 👍

When does this event take place @Mistah_MCA ?

This Sunday - 4pm pre drinks / 5pm race (AKA the middle of the night for me).
I'm a tentative 'no' at the moment as we're out all day Sunday at a Jazz n Blues festival.. i'll be home by the time race starts but may need a DUI test before i slide behind the wheel :cheers:

This Sunday - 4pm pre drinks / 5pm race (AKA the middle of the night for me).
I'm a tentative 'no' at the moment as we're out all day Sunday at a Jazz n Blues festival.. i'll be home by the time race starts but may need a DUI test before i slide behind the wheel :cheers:

Thanks. :cheers:

PST is what, 4 hours behind AST? So it would be a 9pm or 10pm start for me here in Nova Scotia?

Thanks. :cheers:

PST is what, 4 hours behind AST? So it would be a 9pm or 10pm start for me here in Nova Scotia?
Atlantic Standard time? I think currently that would be 8PM your time when the race starts.

Of course, I could just ping you when the lobby opens and when the race is about to start. :lol:

I have many spots open haha. There's not that many of us signed up, so we'll resort to picking up random people when I open the lobby haha

Sweet! Now I just need to grind out 20m car, I assume they’re the best ones? Is there fuel and tire wear?

You’re more than welcome to advertise it in my Saturday night thread to see if any of those guys are interested, or I can. :cheers:

Sweet! Now I just need to grind out 20m car, I assume they’re the best ones? Is there fuel and tire wear?

You’re more than welcome to advertise it in my Saturday night thread to see if any of those guys are interested, or I can. :cheers:
Since there's a power/weight limit, the cars that hang out at the limit should theoretically be neck to neck.
I've messed with the 330 P4 and the 250 GTO, and they both feel similar to drive. As for the limits:

MAX power: 350hp
MIN weight: 1700lbs/~771kg
Tires: Sport Soft

Tire and fuel are on, but I haven't set a limit yet. I'll have that finalized by tonight. I don't want us pitting every 6 laps :lol:

Oooo okay! thank you! :cheers:

Since there's a power/weight limit, the cars that hang out at the limit should theoretically be neck to neck.
I've messed with the 330 P4 and the 250 GTO, and they both feel similar to drive. As for the limits:

MAX power: 350hp
MIN weight: 1700lbs/~771kg
Tires: Sport Soft

Tire and fuel are on, but I haven't set a limit yet. I'll have that finalized by tonight. I don't want us pitting every 6 laps :lol:

Oooo okay! thank you! :cheers:

Cool, works for me. I may just go for the Shelby Cobra to save the grinding then, I’ve been looking for a reason to buy one anyways, I love that car. :)

10x tyre wear on SS? Erm... can I use off road tyres? I think I'm gunna be spending most of the race on the grass anyways........:crazy:

It’s not bad actually, I did some practice last night, the tires and fuel wear out pretty evenly. :)

Seriously? You've been on the track with me. You've *seen* how I drive. Do you really think I'm gonna spend more than 30/60mins on the black stuff? :P
It's a long race, just don't push beyond your capabilities. If I know @Pigems, he will crash at some point. Probably several. For this kind of race I would focus on managing the car and being consistent, and the- oh wait there's a street chicane, forget what I said, MAX ATTACK every lap!

5110572351_6eefc690d3_o.jpg

Back