The World's Most Okay Tunes

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 72 comments
... It has been a rough month.
... Anyways, Nations Cup Round 9 (Yamagiwa) is a tuning race. I made tunes for the Subaru WRX '14 and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo '15.

... Don't even bother with the GR Yaris. It's a death trap, even with a tune.

An anti-lag system was purchased for each car, so make sure you manually turn it on in the tuning sheet, as it's "off" by default!

SUBARU WRX '14 TUNE (PB: 1:47.072):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Front Bumper, Side skirt, Rear bumper, custom wing
  • Roll cage

Notes: It's a loose car, but it'll help with getting around some of the tighter turns, like the Chicane of Awkwardness and the hairpin in between the chicanes. Shift BEFORE 7000 rpm... before the shift bar starts to fill up.

TURN ON YOUR ANTI-LAG; IT'S "OFF" BY DEFAULT.
View attachment 1139506
View attachment 1139507
View attachment 1139508

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO FINAL '15 TUNE (PB: 1:47.629):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Front Bumper, Side skirt, Rear bumper, custom wing
  • Roll cage

Notes: Kind of the opposite of the WRX tune I have. It's still nice to drive, but it's a bit understeery. Shift just as the bar starts to fill up (5-10% full).

View attachment 1139503View attachment 1139504View attachment 1139505

And most importantly:
Thank you for the Scooby tune, I spent ages trying to setup the car, then tried your tune and it felt so much more stable and I could set consistent lap times.

Qualified P2 then managed to take the lead on lap 2 to hold on for my first win in the World Series races.

Thanks to @Mistah_MCA and @Raptor013!

I tried both tunes and found the WRX too loose and the Lancer too understeery for my taste. I was .5 faster in the Lancer and then added the .10 toe in and shaved a whole second off!

I had Q1 for most of qualifying but a racer in a WRX claimed pole by just under a second. The race begins and P1 and I are slowly pulling away. On lap 2, P1 catches too much grass on the uphill esses and I get by and end up setting fastest lap. On lap 3 I catch a .5 penalty in the same spot he did but had enough cushion to serve it and keep the lead.

P2 is slowly catching up and on lap 6 is just behind so I start playing defense and hold them off for the victory by .094 seconds for my first GT7 Sport Mode win (21 total races)!

Also want to thank @Mistah_MCA for the Clio tune for Alsace. I was Q2/P3 in that race and everyone from 5 on back were not even close to us top 4.

I only had time for 3 Nations races this season as there just is not enough time to find and tune and car before the races and run the Manu series. I was able to do 8 of 9 of those.

Good luck out there everyone….

Last edited:
Oh hey, it's been a while.
I'm enjoying life, doing some things that I haven't been able to do since 2019.

Here's a tune for the Toyota GR010 Hybrid, for use at the WTC800 Sardegna A race. Tune in spoiler below.

"New Kid On The Block v0.1"

Notes: Buy the following items - Racing Hard tires, Power Restrictor, Ballast. Please note that I am using the stock transmission.

While it is understeery (that I swear I will eliminate one day), the GR010's acceleration is FAST. The hybrid kicks in pretty hard, and it can last for the entire race!

Going flat out, the GR010 Hybrid's fuel lasts for a noticeable amount of time... 8-9 laps. I reckon it's possible to no-stop it with some aggressive fuel saving, but I haven't had the time to try it yet. You'll obviously need to pit for fuel if you don't fuel save at all. I suggest taking tires as well, as the tire wear becomes noticeable in the last few laps if you do the entire race on one set of tires.

It is possible to complete the race in under 24 minutes. So far, this is the fastest car I've personally used for this race. Happy farming!

... This tune is v0.1 because I made it in like 20 minutes. 😅 I'm sure there are ways to make this build even better, but I've been short on time lately!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220527030005.jpg
FTwxroDUcAA-X0u.jpg

Last edited:
I found a way to make the Toyota GR010 tune even better! No more ballast, babyyyy! Tune in spoiler below, cute little video attached, as well.

"New Kid On The Block v0.2"
I like to name my tunes, okay!?

Buy from Tuning shop: Racing Hard tires, Power Restrictor

No need to buy ballast for this tune! Also, please note that I did not buy a Custom Transmission. Brake Balance +5. Under 24 minute runs possible!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220602005942.jpg

Race strategies:
1. One stop. Go flat out, pit halfway into the race (laps 6-8) for fuel. Tire change optional. Fastest run: 23:50
2. Zero stop. Fuel Map 2, shift when the shift bar starts to fill up. Fastest run: 23:35

Note: Trail brake a bit longer to manage the hybrid... It is possible to run out of the hybrid, which results in poor acceleration and fuel economy.

Last edited:
was able to finish 3 races with around 24:15 - 24:20 with your latest setup (with some personal tweaks, but that is just a matter of taste and driving style)

the no stops run was a bit tricky though

thank you for tunes sir!

Thanks for the GR010 tune, works great.

Wish it was possible to tune out the ungodly understeer in this car though.

EDIT: pulled a Forza Horizon on this car and set anti-roll bars to front 1, back 9 and it seemed to have helped with the understeer

Last edited:
EDIT: pulled a Forza Horizon on this car and set anti-roll bars to front 1, back 9 and it seemed to have helped with the understeer
That's what i do as well (3 - 10 or so). The car is annoyingly understeery with default bars.
And it wouldn't turn at all if you're 1 inch late on braking point lol

Last edited:
I found a way to make the Toyota GR010 tune even better! No more ballast, babyyyy! Tune in spoiler below, cute little video attached, as well.

No need to buy ballast for this tune! Also, please note that I did not buy a Custom Transmission. Brake Balance +5. Under 24 minute runs possible!

View attachment 1156619

Race strategies:
1. One stop. Go flat out, pit halfway into the race (laps 6-8) for fuel. Tire change optional. Fastest run: 23:50
2. Zero stop. Fuel Map 2, shift when the shift bar starts to fill up. Fastest run: 23:35

Note: Trail brake a bit longer to manage the hybrid... It is possible to run out of the hybrid, which results in poor acceleration and fuel economy.

Thanks a lot @Mistah_MCA for that V2 of the Gr010 set up !
What a difference in the behavior of the car, much nicer to drive without all that weight on the front.
It feels a bit slower but who cares with such a dramatical change in the handling. Managed a 24 min flat
Good luck for the Manufacturer tonight ! I am running a Mustang Gr4 so I don't expect much out of this one, the 4WD will be leading the pack again for the Gr4.

Last edited:
Loving your lap and race guides for the World Series events.

Managed a 2nd place in the Nations last night in my GT2 league, and noticed I’m also an A ranked driver now. Thank you so much.

Have you looked at the next Nations event? What car looks to be the meta? (So I can get working on a livery) and can we expect another guide?

Loving your lap and race guides for the World Series events.

Managed a 2nd place in the Nations last night in my GT2 league, and noticed I’m also an A ranked driver now. Thank you so much.

Have you looked at the next Nations event? What car looks to be the meta? (So I can get working on a livery) and can we expect another guide?
Thanks! :] Congrats on getting your DR upgraded to A, and for getting podium!
I haven't taken a deep dive into the Nations Cup race yet. I've been talking to a few people about it, and we currently aren't too sure about the best cars for the race. I know when I saw the leaderboards last night, the Porsche 919 Hybrid was in the top, but there was also a Toyota GR010 Hybrid in the top 10.... So at least for now, it's still kind of up in the air as to what the go-to car is.

Yeah, there will be another guide for it, since this race has more cars involved, it's 1 lap longer, and now fuel is the issue (instead of tire wear)... and mandatory pit stop!

Last edited:
Thanks! :] Congrats on getting your DR upgraded to A, and for getting podium!
I haven't taken a deep dive into the Nations Cup race yet. I've been talking to a few people about it, and we currently aren't too sure about the best cars for the race. I know when I saw the leaderboards last night, the Porsche 919 Hybrid was in the top, but there was also a Toyota GR010 Hybrid in the top 10.... So at least for now, it's still kind of up in the air as to what the go-to car is.

Yeah, there will be another guide for it, since this race has more cars involved, it's 1 lap longer, and now fuel is the issue (instead of tire wear)... and mandatory pit stop!
Great tune for the GR010. I can't go as fast as you though, and I've been scratching my head about that.
Can you see what errors I make from this hotlap?
Im using your latest tune and no driving aids except strong ABS. Fuel lean 2 and im using the fanatec elite wheel and load cell pedals.

@Mistah_MCA
I've spent some time tweaking GR010, using your tune, my own and some others and found that if you set Medium RPM turbo and lower the ECU / Restrictor even more you'll get a bit more HP and torque with same PP
Did you try it? Or maybe you will?
I doubt you can win a lot of time with extra 15HP lol but still

Daily Race A (Laguna Seca) 450 PP tune with... the Toyota Tundra!? Tune in spoiler below:

Also get from GT Auto: Aftermarket rims (wide offset, wide trim, any other size besides default). Bumper upgrades don't affect PP values for the Tundra. This tune does NOT use a widebody.

A meme car that is somehow viable! You don't see that every day.
A somewhat inexpensive build.

While the Tundra is poor with speed and acceleration, it finds its time in the corners. You may want to throw the Tundra into small slides to get it around the corners. Luckily, those slides are controllable.
The best thing about the Tundra is that those sausage curbs are not much of a problem, to where you can cheese some corners by monster-trucking them.

Is this truck the fastest thing for Race A? No.
But is it fun? Is it competitive? Does it bring in good laughs? Heck yes!

Brake balance +5, Torque distribution 50:50

PB: 1:42.???

Gran Turismo® 7_20220620132937.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220620132945.jpg

@Mistah_MCA
I've spent some time tweaking GR010, using your tune, my own and some others and found that if you set Medium RPM turbo and lower the ECU / Restrictor even more you'll get a bit more HP and torque with same PP
Did you try it? Or maybe you will?
I doubt you can win a lot of time with extra 15HP lol but still
It could help a bit with the hybrid problem that the current tune has.. Hmm..

Daily Race A (Laguna Seca) 450 PP tune with... the Toyota Tundra!? Tune in spoiler below:

Also get from GT Auto: Aftermarket rims (wide offset, wide trim, any other size besides default). Bumper upgrades don't affect PP values for the Tundra. This tune does NOT use a widebody.

A meme car that is somehow viable! You don't see that every day.
A somewhat inexpensive build.

While the Tundra is poor with speed and acceleration, it finds its time in the corners. You may want to throw the Tundra into small slides to get it around the corners. Luckily, those slides are controllable.
The best thing about the Tundra is that those sausage curbs are not much of a problem, to where you can cheese some corners by monster-trucking them.

Brake balance +5, Torque distribution 50:50

PB: 1:42.???

View attachment 1163008View attachment 1163009

It could help a bit with the hybrid problem that the current tune has.. Hmm..

Tundra is a trip lmao thanks for this

Um...so I just DUSTED everyone and got a victory out of this thing. I'm sure I was on the recieving end of some yelling and screaming during the race. That being said, this was absolutely dumb FUN, mad props. I sure was laughing the entire time.

Last edited:
GT7's v1.19 saw the debut of the Neo-Classic Competition, where cars from 1980-1999 can race, as long as they are 800PP and below.

... So here's a tune for the Mazda 787B (in spoiler below)! Make sure you also have Intermediate and Wet tires on standby... You might need them. This tune was used under Hard Mode conditions.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220802033937.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220802033942.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220802054600.jpg

Strategy guide for each race:
- Big Willow - Easy flat out. Be patient with the throttle on lower speed corners, and don't build sandcastles.

- Red Bull Ring - Easy flat out. Zero stop unless it rains enough to require Inters/Wets. Keep an eye on the weather, and be patient with the throttle on low speed corners and/or wet conditions. Bonus points if the AI Escudo holds up the AI XJR-9 and R92CP, as they go for the 0 stop and have decent pace... Double points if they spin out at some point.

- Fuji - Zero stop unless it rains enough to require Inters/Wets. Minor fuel saving required. Use all revs on main straight. Everywhere else, shift just as the bar is about to fill up. Keep an eye on the weather, and be patient with the throttle on low speed corners and/or wet conditions. Be especially patient with the throttle on sector 3 (all conditions).

Tune + Strategy guide showcase:

Results:
Willow Springs:
Screenshot (1518).png

Red Bull Ring (dry):
Screenshot (1523).png

Red Bull Ring (wet):
Screenshot (1522).png

Fuji Speedway (dry):
Screenshot (1520).png

Fuji Speedway (wet):
Screenshot (1521).png

Another Daily Race A (Monza No Chicane) with tuning? Interesting, let's give it a shot.

Restrictions: 443 HP or less, 2866 lbs. or more, Sports Soft tires, no nitrous, FR cars only. The car used: 2013 Dodge Viper GTS.

From GT Auto: Widebody, wide rim offset + width (also different size), front bumper B, side skirt and rear bumper A, roll cage (any), custom rear wing.

The downforce will cost it some speed at the main straight, but it can tackle everything else pretty well. It can even take Curva Grande (turn 1) flat out, which is pretty nice.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220919030432.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220919030440.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220919030457.jpg

Tune + lap guide:

View attachment 1156619

Race strategies:

any updates on this tune for version 1.23 bro @Mistah_MCA?

any updates on this tune for version 1.23 bro @Mistah_MCA?
I haven't gotten around to tuning the GR010 to make it work again, but it looks like it has been de-throned by the Escudo. My friend AMS_Dood got a video up just now with its tune, and he did a 23:17 for Sardegna WTC800:

I haven't gotten around to tuning the GR010 to make it work again, but it looks like it has been de-throned by the Escudo. My friend AMS_Dood got a video up just now with its tune, and he did a 23:17 for Sardegna WTC800:

oh i see...thanks for answering my inquiry. i will try that escudo later, looks very fast 😍

Thanks to AMS_Dood for his melody, I've adjusted it for Tokyo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-200042_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-200042_PS App.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20221004-200103_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-200103_PS App.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 41
Another okay tune for Daily Race A (AWD road cars at Tsukuba)! Here are the restrictions for the race:
  • AWD road cars only
  • 3307 lbs. / 1500 kg or more
  • 493 HP or less
  • Sports Soft tires
  • Nitrous prohibited

Tune in spoiler below. The car I used is the 2015 Lamborghini Aventador SV. Keyword: SV
Personal best: 54.895

You also need the following from GT Auto:
  • Widebody (get this first)
  • Aftermarket wheels (wide offset, wide rim width)
  • Front Bumper A
  • Side skirt A
  • Custom rear wing

Notes: Fitting with Halloween around the corner, this build is a monster... As in it's going to try to yeet you out of the track. I tried to make it oversteery to try to whip it around the hairpins, so don't say I didn't warn you. ;) If you want to see how the car handles, see the video below.

Don't forget to check your toes, and brake balance is -5!

Gran Turismo® 7_20221017122421.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221017122432.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221017122448.jpg

Lap and tuning guide:

Last edited:
2013 Dodge Viper GTS.
I finally got one of your tunes listed! The car is a bit slow compared to her predecessors, that is not a slight to the tune at all, just a truth about the car itself. Sometimes that can be a by-product of de-tuning a car so heavily though, its possible at 800 she is a beast. Other than a ’meh’ top speed, the tune was very good, easy drive.

3673DB61-6F29-492C-8A5B-1DC8BF96D4C8.jpeg

Life's been busy, lately.
In the meantime, AMS_Dood and I have come up with an updated 800PP tune for the Mazda 787B, for use in the Neo-Classical Challenge series under Hard settings. Tune in spoiler below:

Nothing was purchased from GT Auto.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221029230515.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221029230523.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221029230537.jpg

In terms of strategies for each race:
  • Big Willow: Zero stop. Don't overrev the heck out of the car, and you'll be okay on fuel. This is the only race where tire wear is an issue. Take care of the front tires by not engaging in max steering lock. Use 10% fuel each lap.
  • Red Bull Ring: Zero stop, unless if rain becomes an issue. Don't overrev the heck out of the car, and you'll be okay on fuel. You'll need to be fast here, as the AI in the Gr. C cars are pretty fast, and some of them go for the zero stop (unless if rain becomes an issue). Use 10% fuel each lap.
  • Fuji Speedway: Zero stop, unless if rain becomes an issue. This one requires a good amount of fuel saving. From Turn 3 (left kink) and on, shift when the bar is 50% full. On the main straight and Turns 1-2, shift when the bar fills up. Use 10% fuel each lap. Just like in the last race, you'll need to drive fast, as the AI in the Gr. C cars are pretty fast, and some of them try to go for the zero stop. Use 10% fuel each lap.

Tune + Showcase video:

Last edited:
In the meantime, AMS_Dood and I have come up with an updated 800PP tune for the Mazda 787B, for use in the Neo-Classical Challenge series under Hard settings. Tune in spoiler below:

• Big Willow: Zero stop. Don't overrev the heck out of the car, and you'll be okay on fuel. This is the only race where tire wear is an issue. Take care of the front tires by not engaging in max steering lock. Use 10% fuel each lap.
  • Red Bull Ring: Zero stop, unless if rain becomes an issue. Don't overrev the heck out of the car, and you'll be okay on fuel. You'll need to be fast here, as the AI in the Gr. C cars are pretty fast, and some of them go for the zero stop (unless if rain becomes an issue). Use 10% fuel each lap.
  • Fuji Speedway: Zero stop, unless if rain becomes an issue. This one requires a good amount of fuel saving. From Turn 3 (left kink) and on, shift when the bar is 50% full. On the main straight and Turns 1-2, shift when the bar fills up. Use 10% fuel each lap. Just like in the last race, you'll need to drive fast, as the AI in the Gr. C cars are pretty fast, and some of them try to go for the zero stop. Use 10% fuel each lap.

Tune + Showcase video:

Love this car, can't wait to try!

Tune + Showcase video:

Outstanding tune and video. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind messages! :] Hopefully the 787B tune has helped out for the Neo-Classical series.

For today, I'll be showcasing the Daily Race A tune with the Porsche Cayman GT4 '16! For context, here are the restrictions:
  • MR Road car only
  • Sports Hard tires
  • 295 HP or less
  • 2756 lbs (1250 kg) or less
  • No nitrous

Tune in spoiler below:
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Any aftermarket wheels, with wide trim and +1 rim size
  • Front, Side, Rear Bumper A
  • Custom wing set
  • Roll cage (any; I used A).

For Transmission, I did the following process:
1. Move auto-set to 200 kmh
2. Move final gear to 3.008
3. Adjust individual gears, if needed. I remember only adjusting the 6th gear.

Shift when the shift bar is ~95% full.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221107021303_1.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221107021311.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20221107021324.jpg

I like the Cayman's default suspension setup, so I didn't want to change too much, other than reduce camber, toe, and stiffen the springs a bit more. I spent more time trying to find the sweet spot with the transmission and the downforce. You will want to be smooth on the throttle coming out of turns, as being too harsh can make the car step out quite a bit... You can blame the rear ballast and the Sports Hard tires for that. :scared:

Tune + Lap guide video:

I keep forgetting to post this. :dunce:
I have a build for the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69! I made it for The Human Comedy - 1 Hour of Alsace race. Tune in spoiler below. Tune is accurate as of v1.25. Do note that in v1.25, the Performance Point (PP) limit went from 460 PP to 465 PP.

GET FROM GT AUTO:
  • Widebody
  • Default rims, but give it the wide offset
  • Front Bumper A
  • Rear Bumper doesn't affect PP rating for this car, so go with default or A. I used default
  • Custom Wing Set

Gran Turismo® 7_20221020153549.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221020153557.jpg

The surprising thing is that you can get the Camaro to 465 PP on Comfort Soft tires without having to add ballast. My goal was to make this car a bit more predictable to drive around this hilly track, without having to reduce too much power or add ballast. You still have to ease on the throttle on corner exits, though..

This car isn't fuel friendly. Going flat out, you'll get 8 laps of fuel. Shifting at 75-80%, you can get up to 9 laps worth of fuel. Shifting too early will hurt your pace.

General strategy:
- Two stop, both to refuel. Tire wear is not an issue. If going flat out, pit every 8 laps. If fuel saving, pit every 9 laps. Either way, drive fast!

Video:

Last edited:
Back