The World's Most Okay Tunes

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 72 comments
United States
California, USA
Mistah_MCA
tune_1.jpg

Hey everyone, Mistah_MCA here. This is a lap guide where I'll be posting my tunes for the brave souls that want to try them out. Let's get this started.

31 March '23 - Toyota MR2 tune for WTC600 Tokyo (credits) added!

8 November '22 - This page is under construction, so things may look messy (as usual :dunce:) as I change things around.
21 December '22 - still in construction :scared:
23 February '23 - still.

tune_2.jpg
Tunes will be added in alphabetical order.
[Car Name - PP or Power/Weight - Tires - Track/event - Game version]
(E) indicates Engine Swap.

Last edited:
Atenza feels great Ty
Will try the mini soon my current tune is doing well on the mini but your time is better so .. definitely worth a try (edit. Mini is perfect Ty just got a 1.02.8 in Qual)

Last edited:
I've been wondering when someone will find out about the 6 gear or top speed thing AND spread it around here. I found the same thing on Monday with the G70, that's why these cars are so extremely fast and especially on the exit of the corners and the straights they hopelessly outrun everyone else.
The Mazda seems to have a much better all-wheel drive as I noticed yesterday at the race.

BTW: Very good Job Bro:bowdown:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for tune @Mistah_MCA

So far the 4 meta cars for the Daily B seem to be Alpha 155, G70, Atenza and Lancer.

I got a low 2.02 with the Alpha without too much tuning in it so there is a lot left out there. In the races it was dominant, only a few G70 managed to stay with me.

I am happy that the Gr4 is not FF dominated anymore, I hate these... Much prefer the 4WD :)

Thanks again for sharing and for your helpful videos :)

@Mistah_MCA , trying out your Mini tune this evening...

Massively improved my quali, and with a few adjustments to suit my style a bit better, I managed my first podium finishes on GT7, including a 2nd place. Unfortunately I kept matching with a 1.01x Spanish alien so 1st was a bit of a push.

Thank you buddy!

I've been wondering when someone will find out about the 6 gear or top speed thing AND spread it around here.
I stumbled across it by accident. 😂 I remember messing with the transmission to get it to around the fastest speed at the track, and then noticed how one little notch adjustment on the 6th gear drastically changed the PP values... Super weird stuff. I basically couldn't touch 6th and final gears during my time making the tune.

I borrowed your Atenza gearbox with a small change and got a 2:00.331 on daily race B last night with my setup - excellent work finding the gears!
You got an insane time, yo! Awesome job on the tune!
And about the gears... I accidentally stumbled across the 6th/Final gear shenanigans. 😅

I stumbled across it by accident. 😂 I remember messing with the transmission to get it to around the fastest speed at the track, and then noticed how one little notch adjustment on the 6th gear drastically changed the PP values... Super weird stuff. I basically couldn't touch 6th and final gears during my time making the tune.

You got an insane time, yo! Awesome job on the tune!
And about the gears... I accidentally stumbled across the 6th/Final gear shenanigans. 😅

It was the same for me, I looked at the top speed I reached on the lap and actually just wanted to lower the gearing from 260 to a little over 230... and suddenly the PP value dropped so much that I thought "my goodness too "Because at the same time the lowest value of the G forces went to 0.0, I was totally unsure at first, I thought the car would no longer be drivable, which would not make any sense either. Then I tested it and saw how fast it is.

Only the problem that the G70 has severe understeer at the corner entrance and extreme power oversteer at the exit of the corner still causes problems for me. I got down to a low 2:03.xxx. A better driver should probably be much faster with the car.

Only the problem that the G70 has severe understeer at the corner entrance and extreme power oversteer at the exit of the corner still causes problems for me. I got down to a low 2:03.xxx. A better driver should probably be much faster with the car.
PX7-Windfire was able to get a 2:00.7xx in the G70. I would ask him for the tune, but I don't have G70 myself. 😅

PX7-Windfire was able to get a 2:00.7xx in the G70. I would ask him for the tune, but I don't have G70 myself. 😅
You're welcome to do that, but I'm quite pleased, strange as it may sound, right now at the race I'm incredibly happy to have figured out on my own what's possible and how to modify the car. My optimal time is currently 2:02.1xx according to my lap time table, it's just the biggest difficulty for me to really do every sector optimally :D

BTW: I#m only a Slow Class B Driver, so 2-3 Sek behind the Top are awesome for me in my Eyes.

Last edited:
Problem is most of the top times are cutting the chichane... I managed a low 2.02 with the Alpha without cutting the chicane. In the races the G70s can stay with me sector 1, I gain sector 2 and they come back close to me by cutting the chicane but most of the times I finished in front with the Alpha 155.

Hard to compare apples with apples in these conditions in terms of pure pace.

Same goes for Daily C with the bus stop at Daytona, most of the top times cut and abuse the system.

Problem is most of the top times are cutting the chichane... I managed a low 2.02 with the Alpha without cutting the chicane. In the races the G70s can stay with me sector 1, I gain sector 2 and they come back close to me by cutting the chicane but most of the times I finished in front with the Alpha 155.

Hard to compare apples with apples in these conditions in terms of pure pace.

Same goes for Daily C with the bus stop at Daytona, most of the top times cut and abuse the system.
Wind's chicane was pretty tame - his lap is "legit". The Alfa is by far the strongest car though - it can easily do a 1:59, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit a 58.9 with the chicane cut.

I just wish I didn't miss it in the legend car dealership... lol

Wind's chicane was pretty tame - his lap is "legit". The Alfa is by far the strongest car though - it can easily do a 1:59, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit a 58.9 with the chicane cut.

I just wish I didn't miss it in the legend car dealership... lol
I am sure it will come back around soon in the Legend. It still cost me half of my pre-order bonus credits 😉

By the way, thanks a lot for your tune videos. Very helpful and extremely detailed explanations. Very appreciated.

Keep it up !

With Nations Cup allowing tuning in most of its races for its second Test Season, I will be putting my tuning skills to the test and realize I still suck at this.

But anyways, I got a tune up for Round 1 - Alsace Test Course Reverse with the Renault Clio '16. Personal best: 53.985

Also equipped from GT Auto: Widebody, offset wheels, front bumper, spoiler.

Notes: This tune is a handful... It's pretty loose. You will probably notice this as early as Turn 1... Which is why I call this tune the "Death Trap" tune. Shifting the ballast forward and/or adding rear downforce may help keep the car on its best behavior.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220330025849.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20220330025854.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20220330025900.jpg

Last edited:
I used your Renault tune for Alsace. It's certainly a handful to maintain in the fast corners. Kind of felt like the car was on skates.

That said the tune has potential with refinements to the drivers liking.

With Nations Cup allowing tuning in most of its races for its second Test Season, I will be putting my tuning skills to the test and realize I still suck at this.

But anyways, I got a tune up for Round 1 - Alsace Test Course Reverse with the Renault Clio '16. Personal best: 53.985

Also equipped from GT Auto: Widebody, offset wheels, front bumper, spoiler.

Notes: This tune is a handful... It's pretty loose. You will probably notice this as early as Turn 1... Which is why I call this tune the "Death Trap" tune. Shifting the ballast forward and/or adding rear downforce may help keep the car on its best behavior.

View attachment 1131182View attachment 1131183View attachment 1131184
Used your tune and refined it for myself, for tonight's Nations, qualified in 2nd, finished in 2nd. Excellent tune, thank you sincerely, left a LIKE and comment on your video as well.

For those that used my tune in the Alsace race, I thank you for giving it a chance.

Another Nations Cup race with tuning is upon us, and I somehow got something going with this tank called the Nissan NISMO GT-R. Tune in spoiler below (along with shopping list). PB: 1:27.884. Reference lap

Notes: Yeah, this car is a bit of a tank. You'll need to throw it around in sector 2 to get it to turn. You can see me do that in the reference lap video.

Also, mandatory TURN YOUR ANTI-LAG ON IN THE TUNING SHEET, GET WIDEBODY KIT, FRONT BUMPER, REAR WING, AND WIDE OFFSET WHEELS.

If the GT-R feels too twitchy when getting on the power, you can try:
-Lower the LSD (Acceleration Sensitivity) on both sides of the car.
  • Add more downforce on both sides of the car, at the cost of speed.
  • Move the ballast closer to the middle of the car

Gran Turismo® 7_20220404023350.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20220404023354.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20220404022110.jpgScreenshot (1369).png

Last edited:
For those that used my tune in the Alsace race, I thank you for giving it a chance.

Another Nations Cup race with tuning is upon us, and I somehow got something going with this tank called the Nissan NISMO GT-R. Tune in spoiler below (along with shopping list). PB: 1:27.884. Reference lap

Notes: Yeah, this car is a bit of a tank. You'll need to throw it around in sector 2 to get it to turn. You can see me do that in the reference lap video.

Also, mandatory TURN YOUR ANTI-LAG ON IN THE TUNING SHEET, GET WIDEBODY KIT, FRONT BUMPER, REAR WING, AND WIDE OFFSET WHEELS.

View attachment 1133228View attachment 1133229View attachment 1133227View attachment 1133230

Strange and I don't know where I am going wrong but I can only get 677.11PP following these settings whereas you have 696pp.
Am I missing something?
Also, my acceleration performance is off by nearly .20

Last edited:
Strange and I don't know where I am going wrong but I can only get 677.11PP following these settings whereas you have 696pp.
Am I missing something?
Also, my acceleration performance is off by nearly .20
A friend of mine is having a similar issue, but unfortunately we couldn't find out what was causing it. We think it's the game doing something dumb, as he has the same exact settings. Even getting a new engine didn't solve the issue.

Last edited:

View attachment 1133228View attachment 1133229View attachment 1133227View attachment 1133230
I used your tune for Alsace and bagged a P2 for 245 pts in the 4th(3rd?) Split in GT1 league.
I jumped into a lobby your were in in GT Sport to give you a quick shout before but please allow me to reiterate and double down on how well thought and precious your guides are.
Big fan of what you do mate!

... It has been a rough month.
... Anyways, Nations Cup Round 9 (Yamagiwa) is a tuning race. I made tunes for the Subaru WRX '14 and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo '15.

... Don't even bother with the GR Yaris. It's a death trap, even with a tune.

An anti-lag system was purchased for each car, so make sure you manually turn it on in the tuning sheet, as it's "off" by default!

SUBARU WRX '14 TUNE (PB: 1:47.072):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Front Bumper, Side skirt, Rear bumper, custom wing
  • Roll cage

Notes: It's a loose car, but it'll help with getting around some of the tighter turns, like the Chicane of Awkwardness and the hairpin in between the chicanes. Shift BEFORE 7000 rpm... before the shift bar starts to fill up.

TURN ON YOUR ANTI-LAG; IT'S "OFF" BY DEFAULT.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110146.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110151.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110158.jpg

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO FINAL '15 TUNE (PB: 1:47.629):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Roll cage

Notes: Kind of the opposite of the WRX tune I have. It's still nice to drive, but it's a bit understeery. Shift just as the bar starts to fill up (5-10% full).

Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110122.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110128.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20220418110138.jpg

And most importantly:

Last edited:
... It has been a rough month.
... Anyways, Nations Cup Round 9 (Yamagiwa) is a tuning race. I made tunes for the Subaru WRX '14 and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo '15.

... Don't even bother with the GR Yaris. It's a death trap, even with a tune.

An anti-lag system was purchased for each car, so make sure you manually turn it on in the tuning sheet, as it's "off" by default!

SUBARU WRX '14 TUNE (PB: 1:47.072):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Roll cage

Notes: It's a loose car, but it'll help with getting around some of the tighter turns, like the Chicane of Awkwardness and the hairpin in between the chicanes. Shift BEFORE 7000 rpm... before the shift bar starts to fill up.

View attachment 1139506
View attachment 1139507
View attachment 1139508

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO FINAL '15 TUNE (PB: 1:47.629):
Get from GT Auto:
  • Widebody
  • Wide wheel offset
  • Wide wheel trim thing
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Roll cage

Notes: Kind of the opposite of the WRX tune I have. It's still nice to drive, but it's a bit understeery. Shift just as the bar starts to fill up (5-10% full).

View attachment 1139503View attachment 1139504View attachment 1139505

And most importantly:
I've gone slightly different with the purchased parts in GT Auto, but using your set-up on the Lancer. It's very to drive and keep the car under control.

Just a tip from someone that races Evo's in the real world. They all understeer. The best way to minimise that is toe out on the front.

It doesn't need much, but can make a world of difference in how the car behaves in the corners.

From your set-up I put 0.10 toe out on the front, and no more understeer (at least for my driving style).

Last edited:
Back