The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I don't have to do anything with the pictures, they just show up automatically at XboxDVR. Seems like a network issue somewhere?

Today is Xbox One S launch day and an overclocked GPU is confirmed to be powering the slimmer console. Look at the difference it makes in terms of FPS on Project CARS:
jpg

Some titles see marginal improvements
jpg

While others have more stable framerates/less screen tearing in general
jpg

jpg

Despite the bump in graphical performance, the Xbox One S GPU has 1.4 TF of computing performance which is higher than the 1.31 TF rating on the fat console, but still a way off the PS4 with 1.84 TF.

Source: Eurogamer

I don't like the changes at all. What had become fairly clean UI now tells me extraneous info such as my download rate. I don't need to know that, a percentage worked just fine.

Since i'm planning to buy a new xbox, it seems that i might go with the Xbox One S. The problem is that it probably didn't arrive in my country yet and will take at least some months before we get it. considering how it took 10 months of waiting before we received the Xbox one.

Is it available in your region? just asking.

Since my system is predominantly a Forza machine, I'm not too fussed about the design. I'm annoyed at how few games are listed on the main screen though: I shouldn't have to open up an app just to see my small list of titles.

I knew the One S would sell like hotcakes, it's a brilliant system. Hopefully Sony has an answer to it at TGS.

As a new xbox one owner, just a standard machine not the NEW slim, why the heck does it take about half an hour or more, mainly more, to install a game when you put a disc in, my ps4 takes about 20 secs...

Like I said before, the xbox one S will be arriving to the Middle East later... Too late...

Saudi Arabia will be getting it in December with around $306 for 500 GB and $360 for 1TB model. No 2TB because we all know why.

Since I'm buying it mainly for Forza and want to play FH2, FM6 and pre order FH3. I will just stick with the original model. I don't want to wait like ages just to play games that already releases at that point.

I'm now having problems downloading Mirrors Edge. I try to confirm my "purchase" but then it returns back to the same game page and i don't get the game.

Really tempted to pick up an X:1 S but what is bugging me due to my mild OCD is that the console is white. Will there be some kind of 'black version' coming in the near future?

Really tempted to pick up an X:1 S but what is bugging me due to my mild OCD is that the console is white. Will there be some kind of 'black version' coming in the near future?
You can find companies that make skins for it, if you google it. Also some of the special edition bundles are different colors, I think the battlefield 1 Xbox one s, 1Tb console is black.

You can find companies that make skins for it, if you google it. Also some of the special edition bundles are different colors, I think the battlefield 1 Xbox one s, 1Tb console is black.
The BF1 version is in a 'military green' plus I just pre-ordered the BF1 on the PS4. :lol:

I am gonna have to see in the next few weeks because I have FIFA 17 coming this week to occupy me but if I get bored again with the PS4 then I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and get the X:1 S no matter if its in white.

I was tempted to get one with Fifa 17 for £182 as I still have a few years worth of Gold subscription but thinking now that's too expensive given how good recent PS4 deal was. Also want the Lambo one now. Hopefully there is going to be a decent sale soon.

Is that a buyable Xbox or just a one off custom job?

After seeing the PS Pro I'm pretty sure it's going to be a 1S, Scorpio or PC for me.

Free multiplayer this weekend.

Borderlands Handsome Collection is also free for everyone

Games with Gold just keeps getting better. Both Burnout Paradise AND Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition are free next month:

Didn't think it was worth making a new thread for this, and the most recent thread for this game is over 10 years old, but if you haven't already, pick up Stuntman Ignition (which just recently got backwards compatability on XB1). It is WAY better than I remember it being, and it's loads of fun. The stunt creator isn't that great I feel but just trying to get 4 stars in the main scenes is huge fun and you get some really awesome looking replays for doing so.

This is a replay for a 5 star run of Overdrive's final scene "CHASER":

Back