The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Isn’t a RAM disk the other way around though? Using a portion of RAM to act like storage which would’ve been a godsend in the ‘old days’ when disk drives were slow.

Whereas this is presumably using an SSD as extra RAM. Which funnily enough I saw in action in the last few days when someone’s anti virus software had a memory leak. The PC started using the page file on the SSD as extra RAM instead but was still usable to work on. Noticeably slower than usual but still workable. Will be interested to hear what assets they’d load into this ‘slow RAM’ in gaming.

Both, actually. I can't remember how it's setup but it essentially boosts performance by using the significantly faster read/write speeds of RAM. It's comparable to a PCIe or NVMe drive, but far less efficient in comparison because you're giving up addressable memory space.

Dont get saving for the console, youd better start saving for the 120hz/8k tv youll need to take full advantage of scarlett. I think theres only 5 models that support hdmi 2.1. Mainly 8k tv’s.

Dont get saving for the console, youd better start saving for the 120hz/8k tv youll need to take full advantage of scarlett. I think theres only 5 models that support hdmi 2.1. Mainly 8k tv’s.
In my opinion Sony and Microsoft are just telling what resolution in theory is supported. Don't expect the likes of GT, FM, Halo or Uncharted running in 8K, let alone with 120FPS.

Back