The YouTube Community

• Thread starter Cole Brown
  • 42 comments
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio
Brown352
What's up Everyone.
I know there are some threads for videos. But it's odd that there isn't a thread for YouTube.

So basically. This thread is for YouTubers to come and learns tips, do's and don'ts. Share what you're playing, Network with others for Collabs. Or, if you want to start a channel, and don't know where to start. Come here! This is for all YouTube content Creators and everyone in between.

Welcome to the YouTube Community

When adding you're first post, give a little introduction.

Such as name(not full..lol), Channel Name, how you got that name, what your channel is, what you primarily do(Games, Vlogs, Reviews so on), games you play, what systems you play on, what you record with, or stream with, what inspires you to create, or who inspired you to create, and anything else you can think of! So, I'll go first! (:

My name is Cole, Obviously from my Username..lol. My channels name is ColeossalGaming.
I got this name from my name, as well as being tall and bigger, why not?
So my channel is obviously Gaming oriented, soon enough I'll begin some tech reviews, game reviews and possibly movie reviews. Plus I'll have some Vlogs tossed in the mix.
Right now, I play a lot of shooters on my channel, that is mostly what I have on the PS4 I play on right now. But I've added some shenanigans from GTA Online racing, and recently added started a playthrough of the game ZOMBI.
I record with the El Gato HD60 capture device. I love it, so pretty. Lol, I don't stream, because my internet is suck. But oh well,
Lastly, Ever since I was little, I've loved video games, so naturally, I've always wanted to share that love with others. I never had the idea to stream or YouTube until I was around 12, when there was a channel named HotBloodedGaming on an old website called Justin . TV. Basically what Twitch is now. Fast forward a couple of years. Enter Markiplier, from my hometown, and JackSepticEye, not from my hometown lol. Absolutely love them both, and being with Sean from early on in the channel, and watching him grow, gave me a boost to really try and start my channel.

So that's the short of it, I hope to see some more people on here!

Always have an interest in getting into Youtube uploading.

Though my only reliable source to make videos is my Wii U which I can only use for Smash and Mario Kart 8 Videos. I've yet to upload a Video in months

Might make an Amiibo Tournament using my Amiibos in the future. (Channel name is BlackKyurem5).

If I was to evolve the Channel I have and make a consistent Youtube Channel I would want to do a Multiplayer Channel mostly about Nintendo Games like MarioPartyTV and WiiRiketoPray as I have quite a lot, it wouldn't be big for a job but I have no interest on using Youtube as a job as judging from the bigger Youtubes, it takes some of the fun out of making Videos. The only problem is that I'm not sure if my current friends who would be interest in that not to mention I have way to much experience in the games that it might not be entertaining to see me have an advantage unless it is Mario Party, also Capture Cards are expensive (though I know there are good tactics to not use it which might cost a Gamepad however).

Another thing is a 4 Player Video Game World VS. Where I get 4 Players and we do a Championship Series where we play each of our Favourite Games VS Style in 4 Rounds to see who can beat the game in each of the game, points are tallied depending on where you came and whoever wins becomes the Champion of the "Season". So Round 1, we might be playing one of my favourite games then in the next rounf we play of my friends favourite games. So it might contrast heavily from; Super Mario Sunshine > Dark Souls > Halo and then > Legend of Zelda for example. Though this would cost a lot more than my previous idea.

Main tip:

1. Dont too involved in Youtube Dramas like whats currently trending.
2. Look out for abusive Copyright Holders
3. Don't be so ignorant and ignore criticism. This always gets me when people ignore all their critics and assume them all for trolls.

The dinky little channel I have is purely storage purposes, but I spend a great deal of time on YouTube however. Pretty much the only time I watch TV is news during dinner, and F1..

But yeah, all I have right now is my aviation videos going up.. slowly, but they're going. All raw footage:
Tadaa

oh yeah, and I put up my time lapses when I can..

Beware what music you use. My Youtube Partner didn't share one of my montages because apparently the song wasn't appropriate c.c....

There are plenty of copyright free music producers out there

I don't think you understand what i said. I said, depending on the Partner. Be careful of the lyrics of the song you use. Because my Youtube Partner didn't share one of my montages because the song wasn't appropriate, "lyric wise".

The dinky little channel I have is purely storage purposes, but I spend a great deal of time on YouTube however. Pretty much the only time I watch TV is news during dinner, and F1..
I don't even have cable TV so YouTube is my main entertainment source outside of playing video games. I have enough subscriptions that it takes me several hours to get through each days videos. Markiplier, Jackcepticeye, GenericB, VanossGaming, etc, etc.

As far as my own channel, I do have the ability to create and upload content but I'm too lazy. :P

I don't think you understand what i said. I said, depending on the Partner. Be careful of the lyrics of the song you use. Because my Youtube Partner didn't share one of my montages because the song wasn't appropriate, "lyric wise".

I understand now:tup: Lol

Time to give this thread a small bump.

Hello YouTubers, I have a question regarding livestreams. As most of you here probably know, there was a GT Sport livestream setup by the official PlayStation channel a while back that lasted for more than an hour. But what I've been seeing recently are re-uploads of the full stream (with ads turned on, mind you). Obviously, people are interested in finding the most GT Sport videos they can get so the channels that are re-uploading the videos are probably making a nice cash-in. Wouldn't Sony/PlayStation be shutting down these videos or are the re-uploaders granted permission? I'm wondering if re-uploading the video is acceptable since I've even seen bigger channels (like MotoGamesTV, @Shirrako, etc) posting the stream.

Time to give this thread a small bump.

Hello YouTubers, I have a question regarding livestreams. As most of you here probably know, there was a GT Sport livestream setup by the official PlayStation channel a while back that lasted for more than an hour. But what I've been seeing recently are re-uploads of the full stream (with ads turned on, mind you). Obviously, people are interested in finding the most GT Sport videos they can get so the channels that are re-uploading the videos are probably making a nice cash-in. Wouldn't Sony/PlayStation be shutting down these videos or are the re-uploaders granted permission? I'm wondering if re-uploading the video is acceptable since I've even seen bigger channels (like MotoGamesTV, @Shirrako, etc) posting the stream.
Hi Ameer, You should be fine in doing so since all you are doing is helping companies promote games by re-uploading trailers etc, the whole point of trailers is to be seen by as many people as possible in hopes for the sales to increase, so most companies will allow that, Activision and EA are a little more strict in this case so stay away from re-uploading their content, rest should be okay.

P.S. I did not upload the full stream, only the gameplay from it, some people simply want to see the game, not commentary or other things not related to the gameplay itself, so I only made it easier for those seeking such content.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi Ameer, You should be fine in doing so since all you are doing is helping companies promote games by re-uploading trailers etc, the whole point of trailers is to be seen by as many people as possible in hopes for the sales to increase, so most companies will allow that, Activision and EA are a little more strict in this case so stay away from re-uploading their content, rest should be okay.

Hope that helps! :)
I'm not interested in uploading the stream personally (I think I'm a little late to the party. :lol:) So it's free advertising basically is what you're saying?

(I appreciate the quick response too.)

I'm not interested in uploading the stream personally (I think I'm a little late to the party. :lol:) So it's free advertising basically is what you're saying?

(I appreciate the quick response too.)
Seems we get online at similar times haha, Yes, it's free advertising, Let's Plays and re-uploads play a huge role in today's sales, while it does seem a little lazy, it's actually a useful way to promote content as proven by many recent games.

You should be good, ones who have the video monetized probably have strikes and stuff of the sort on their channel now. So, yea. lol

This seems like a surprisingly dead forum, but maybe we can bring it back to life, so here I am. I'm Payne and I'm an alc... whoops wrong group, I joke. I'm pretty new to doing this whole youtube thing. My Channel is ThisIsPayne, clearly the name my mother gave me. I mostly livestream on youtube or as of today (10/20) I wrestled a desk, and I won. I play all types of games and try to mix things up as much as possible. What inspires me to do it is I'm tired of so many over enthusiastic and ungenuine people. One of my biggest goals is to find other people to work with and grow a community with.

My channel name is JR98 GAMING (taken from my PSN/GTP name) and has been around for exactly 2 years (my first video was uploaded on 20 June 2015). Most of my videos are gaming videos, and mostly covers racing games. Games I generally record include Forza Horizon 3, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Grand Theft Auto V.

My earlier videos generally included old or obscure games such as Street Legal Racing Redline, World Racing 2, Richard Burns Rally & rFactor.

My most popular series of videos definitely has to be my NFS Most Wanted Chases series, which has totaled 105,066 views on their own, with my channel having a total of 151,030 views and 237 subscribers, although this series hasn't had any new videos in a while due to my computer being unable to run any game for much longer than 10 minutes at a time.

My most popular video out of this series, and on my channel as a whole, is a Heat Level 7 pursuit in a Dodge Viper SRT-10 with 25,555 views.

I'm Obelisk (Duh) and my official YouTube channel is RMedia Obelisk. It first started about 4-5 years ago, the January after Forza Horizon 1 came out. I started off on an Xbox 360 primarily posting videos of Horizon 1 and Call of Duty, recording it with an AVerMedia HD Capture. I recently started recording with a Hauppauge HD PVR2 and am now on current-gen consoles. I still predomimantly post GT6 content, but I've been branching out into Let's Play a bit with a Resident Evil 7 playthough.

I currently have 125 subscribers and a total viewcount of 40,716.

I am currently partnered with GTChannel.

My two most popular videos:

(2420 views)

(2230 views)

I've been saving up to get a gaming PC so I can branch out into other sims and shooter games.

So I literally did not know about this thread.

I am a Youtuber, been doing it for a while now and am currently in the process of a redesign, rework or whatever you want to call it! I'm closing in on 1500 subs (if a wild 75 come from here that is!) and working my way slowly with a Patreon Scheme to help fund me from those who like the content I make.

So, what content do I make? Well, my new tag is 'Simulation. Strategy. Survival.'
I literally make videos in Simulators, Strategy and Survival titles. You'll find Assetto Corsa, DiRT Rally/DiRT 4, rFactor, Flight Simulators, Train Simulators, Tycoon games, City Builders, and whatever else takes my fancy and I can find time to make (so long as it makes a respectable relative number of views)

My videos range from this:

to this:

and this:

Enjoy!

I've had a YouTube channel for a little while and I upload videos very sporadically. My channel name is The Tartan Quattro and I mostly upload stuff from games I've recorded straight from the Share function on PS4, with editing on ShareFactory. I have a couple of videos recorded from my Xbox One as well as some footage from real life events.

I only have a measly 8 subscribers and my channel views stand at just 3,180.

Surprisingly, my most popular video is actually from the 2016 Speyside Stages at 1,274 views.

My most popular gaming video is my race in Driveclub between the AMG GT3 and Renault R.S. 01 at 486 views.

I've recently started to make some content myself, just starting out and learning lots. I think I fall into the vlogging category, I just talk about cars in a general manner. I don't have much content yet, but I'm starting to love the hobby.

I'll leave a link here in-case anyone's interested! :dopey:

I've recently started to make some content myself, just starting out and learning lots. I think I fall into the vlogging category, I just talk about cars in a general manner. I don't have much content yet, but I'm starting to love the hobby.

Not stretching vids to 10 minutes for ad rev... :D

You're a natural at it. 👍

I think the same regarding the X3, if it only looked like the X5 but to be fair the new one finally does look a lot like one now. BMW need to up their plastic game and engine sounds looking at how the strong the competition in the segment is, can't believe how cheap feeling the plastic is on the X6 M glove box latch and also how lacklustre they managed to make a V8 sound. It sort of makes up for it by being stealth, ridiculously quick and being able to drive it in like GTA mode though. :lol:

You're a natural at it. 👍

I think the same regarding the X3, if it only looked like the X5 but to be fair the new one finally does look a lot like one now. BMW need to up their plastic game and engine sounds looking at how the strong the competition in the segment is, can't believe how cheap feeling the plastic is on the X6 M glove box latch and also how lacklustre they managed to make a V8 sound. It sort of makes up for it by being stealth, ridiculously quick and being able to drive it in like GTA mode though. :lol:

I'm actually surprised by how popular X6M is here. Loads of people bought the M version, mostly women.

Also, starting out, it takes much more time than I thought to edit videos, or maybe I'm just a noob so I take ages lol

I'm actually surprised by how popular X6M is here. Loads of people bought the M version, mostly women.

Also, starting out, it takes much more time than I thought to edit videos, or maybe I'm just a noob so I take ages lol
Quite rare here. I can see why that might be the case. I wonder how effective the engine cooling is over there, even in the freezing cold in the UK after a short drive, the fans come on like crazy. What surprised me about that car is how quick it is given how much it weighs and how high it is, it really is like a coupe on stilts.

X6 M Willow Springs.png

I thought it must have taken ages to make, must have felt like you aged 10 years even though only short videos. If only a computer could do as you think, maybe in the future.

Keep it up, I'm sure soon us mere mortals will be asking for your autograph.

Glad to see this thread didn't go exactly DOA after I went AFK for a bit.

But good to see people talking about stuff! I'll hopefully be around a little bit more, anyone who checked out my channel probably saw it's pretty dead. But that's par for the course when your computer dies but glad to see people up and around still. We can revive this thing
Glad to have some peeps here

Back