TheAdmiester's Forza Motorsport 4 Tweaks

Data from GT6 converts over nicely. Took a bit of tweaking for this particular engine because GT's numbers came out a bit too high, but was easy to smoothen a little.

2.0v6.png

I didn't think GT6 would have accurate engine specs considering almost all of them sound like vacuums :)

Is there a way to increase the 2 lap limit in Quick race?
yes, there is. In gamedb.slt go to Races and look for QuickRaceLapCount. There you can edit the laps as you like. I never tested out what the maximum is

If you don't want to enter the lapnumber manually then you can use this SQL Command:
SQL:
UPDATE Races SET QuickRaceLapCount = 99;
Replace the number 99 with the number of laps of your choice

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This only works on a modded console. To keep things GTP-friendly, I won't be explaining how any of this is done, so this thread simply serves as a showcase and discussion.

Not sure how many people are still interested in FM4 around here, but for those who might be, welcome!

I've recently had a surge of interest in FM4 after learning a lot more about database design and SQL from my current job. I've been able to automate a lot of things that previously were a lot of manual work, which makes me more motivated to do more with this game.

Here's a quick showcase of some of my work so far, mostly simple stuff that adds on to the game or corrects things.

- Moved the oddly-assigned Midnight Purple from the R32 GTR to the R33:
View attachment 901649

- Enabled full detail (from Time Attack) car models in gameplay (framerate chugs a bit with 12 on screen but not enough to annoy me):
View attachment 901650

- Added some manufacturer rims to the store - primarily those without the manufacturer logo, and a couple that do for purposes of swapping within that manufacturer (e.g. M5 rims on a M3):
View attachment 901651View attachment 901653

- Ported the Xanavi NISMO livery that went AWOL after FM3 to the Calsonic car:
View attachment 901654

- Added a whole host of VAG engine swaps to most of the VAG cars - typically stuff that roughly makes sense, so nothing like a W12 in a Golf. I4s, V5s and VR6s in the smaller stuff, those + V8s in the bigger stuff, and the V10s (FSI and TDI) and V12 TDI for the huge stuff:
View attachment 901655 View attachment 901656 View attachment 901657 View attachment 901658 View attachment 901659 View attachment 901660 View attachment 901661 View attachment 901662

And currently working on:
- Porting some engines from FH3 to cars that make sense (M2 engine for the straight 6-having BMWs, GTR LM engine for the Skylines, etc). Also featuring the Jensen Interceptor's engine since the car never materialised:
View attachment 901663 View attachment 901664

Feel free to post stuff for inspiration or discuss.
The full detailed interiors are just on us or on AI cars as well? Maybe making just the player use full detailed and the AI the worst model would help in FPS?

It's been a while since I stumbled into the GTP.

Used to love FM4 and still dust it off every year or two. Still a fantastic game.

I have used mod tools before to make Gran Turismo Hybrid cars (GT2 and GT3), but never really looked into Forza. Not sure why, guess the base game and it's options kept me happy. But seeing you doing some cool engine swaps and other tweaks is really awesome. 👍

God, it's 2022 and I'm back at the GTP forums posting about Forza Motorsport 4 😆

Guys I have questions regarding to this thread:

*Is it possible to change the in-game's soundtrack just like in GT2?

*How do you change the AI driver's name?

Guys I have questions regarding to this thread:

*Is it possible to change the in-game's soundtrack just like in GT2?
I was able to extract all soundtracks from Forza Motorsport 2-4 and Horizon 1&2 (plus Burnout Revenge) and convert them to mp3.
But I have not tried convert any music to in-game soundtrack, but I think it is possible to do it. Using the in-game soundtrack would make you depend on the games playlist
Though you can listen any music file Xbox 360 can play (as well as the converted in-game music) with the Xbox 360 Music Player - that way you can select which songs you want to listen to.

EDIT: The AI Names are in gamedb.slt. I think that you have to change the names before you create a new Profile. I tried to change them after the profile was already created and it did not work

Last edited:
I was able to extract all soundtracks from Forza Motorsport 2-4 and Horizon 1&2 (plus Burnout Revenge) and convert them to mp3.
But I have not tried convert any music to in-game soundtrack, but I think it is possible to do it. Using the in-game soundtrack would make you depend on the games playlist
Though you can listen any music file Xbox 360 can play (as well as the converted in-game music) with the Xbox 360 Music Player - that way you can select which
May I ask @forcemotorsport what specific tools should I use & the whole procedure of course 🤔🙄.

Please, if you have a time, do man!... This work is quite impressive... For one of my best racing games ever!... Question: you can see all files/codes cleary from the game? We can change, for example, less gas quantity? Or less tyre life?

Please, if you have a time, do man!... This work is quite impressive... For one of my best racing games ever!... Question: you can see all files/codes cleary from the game? We can change, for example, less gas quantity? Or less tyre life?
I would imagine they're just in the database but I've never looked into them.

Hi TheAdmiester, absolutely admire your work. I've been regularly playing FM4 again for the past 2 years and I've always been wondering whether or not cars from other Forza games can be added to FM4. Is there any chance at all that can be done? FM4 is just so much better than all other Forza games and it would make it the perfect game if it had modern cars too. Keen to know your thoughts on it!

I would imagine they're just in the database but I've never looked into them.
Hi TheAdmiester, absolutely admire your work. I've been regularly playing FM4 again for the past 2 years and I've always been wondering whether or not cars from other Forza games can be added to FM4. Is there any chance at all that can be done? FM4 is just so much better than all other Forza games and it would make it the perfect game if it had modern cars too. Keen to know your thoughts on it!

They can't.

They can't.
Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you know if it is possible to add DLC's to the game? I have Forza on the Xbox360, disc 1 and 2 installed. I found the DLC files online but when I add them to the hard drive they are read as corrupted files. I think I have the pal version, could it be that there are 2 DLC version's, one pal and one NTSC?

What would be the best way to add the DLC's to the game?

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you know if it is possible to add DLC's to the game? I have Forza on the Xbox360, disc 1 and 2 installed. I found the DLC files online but when I add them to the hard drive they are read as corrupted files. I think I have the pal version, could it be that there are 2 DLC version's, one pal and one NTSC?

What would be the best way to add the DLC's to the game?

Thanks
Not something I can discuss here but you should be able to find guides online.

Can someone please tell me which value is determining the ai drivers car choices?
After examining the gamedb.slt, I only found values to adjust difficulty, preferred color etc.
At first, I thought this was something of a random factor, but events like the Euro Boutique Challenge prove, that sometimes the AI only has a limited amount of cars to choose from, even though the race restrictions would allow them to use faster/better cars.

Regards

Hello,
A moment of nostalgia passes over me.
I want to take advantage of this tab to be able to have access to these problems related to the game, such as the rather exaggerated exposition in the game for example! ^^
But on the other hand I do not see any link of this, is this normal?
thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
A moment of nostalgia passes over me.
I want to take advantage of this tab to be able to have access to these problems related to the game, such as the rather exaggerated exposition in the game for example! ^^
But on the other hand I do not see any link of this, is this normal?
thanks
Yes, nothing is released.
Can someone please tell me which value is determining the ai drivers car choices?
After examining the gamedb.slt, I only found values to adjust difficulty, preferred color etc.
At first, I thought this was something of a random factor, but events like the Euro Boutique Challenge prove, that sometimes the AI only has a limited amount of cars to choose from, even though the race restrictions would allow them to use faster/better cars.

Regards
The table EventParticipants maps events by EventID to Data_Car entries (Ordinal in EventParticipants = Data_Car ID).

And a separate post for a couple of audio bits.

First up: the Aygo/C1/107 always irked me slightly in this game - they're all 68hp 1.0 engines, which means they're the 3 cylinder Toyota 1KR-FE as opposed to the 4 cylinder diesel they had available. Despite this, they use a 4 cylinder sound in game, the Honda Prelude's to be precise.

The problem is that there isn't a single 3 cylinder sound recording in the game. The solution? Well, going by the theory that a 3 cylinder is basically half a V6, I took the NSX's sample and gave it a lower audio redline:

I'll let you google for how the real thing sounds to avoid cluttering this space even more - but I think it's a damn sight closer to the real sound than a Prelude is. :lol:

The other was that, being a bit of a Mini fanatic, I felt the R53's supercharger wasn't really audible enough, so I boosted that as well:

Might be a little bit overdone, but it can always be adjusted.

Right now I'm working on making the FH3-ported engines sound a bit more unique compared to their FM4 neighbours.

How could the sound 'references' be edited? I tried QuickBMS-ing the enginetuning.zip/harmonictuning.zip and rezipping the engine tuning with edited/new sound reference files, which didn't work (it either crashes or not have any sound. Or replacement works, but any sound listed after the edited part will break.)

I have also noticed DLC zips being able to 'add' new references. What method did you use to edit some of the mixes (or is it just editing the database to use another car's mix...?)

Back