Theme that comes with the collectors edition?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 15 comments
  • 1,087 views
Messages
327
Messages
dazzi45
Just wondering are there any images of this theme people got with the edition?

Also what are the chances of this theme being released onto the psn as one of them themes you pay for...?
 
I doubt you'd still be wanting to pay for it if you had seen images. It's really not that good.
 
i didnt even know there was a theme in my collectors edition !?

How do i activate it ? Ill post some pics when i do !?
 
i didnt even know there was a theme in my collectors edition !?

How do i activate it ? Ill post some pics when i do !?

This ^ :indiff:

Idk where mine is either..
 
The theme isn't much to brag about, you're not really missing out on anything. On daytime it's so bright the icons and text in XMB becomes unreadable unless you reduce brightness of the wallpaper. It's not really anything more than a giant "5" shown from different angles.

Nighttime the theme is nicer, black and clean but I don't think you can select to have it instead of the daytime version during the days.

Overall, pretty useless. Standard XMB looks heaps better imho.
 
It's just a big chrome 5 bouncing around, it's really terrible. There was an unofficial GT theme made by a GTP'er which I used to have, don't know where you'd find it but it's so much better. In fact now that we have photo mode, you could make your own... Don't ask me how, though, google it.
 
I was expecting the theme to be something like the gt5 prologue main menu... but was sorely dissapointed, didn't have that GT classiness that I was expecting.
 
Just as the posters above say, it's not that great.

The daytime scene is the big floating black '5' on a white background seen near the begining of the E3/gamescom 2010 trailer, and the night scene is the GT logo made from yellow bulbs on a black background, as seen in a previous trailer, the one that had the SLS drifting around the edge of the '5' (but no SLS in the theme).

One thign I noticed when downloading was that it said (words to effect) "theme vol. 1" , which I guess means there might be more themes on the way.
 
I seriously doubt people will PAY for this theme. It's terrible. That white background issue really makes it seem like it was rushed.

That being said I AM using it now, must be because I am just too much a fan of this game to really care what it looks like, anything GT is good with me!
 
Dam,.... thats disappointing I thought it would be something like the other dynamic themes, actually showing something interesting from the game, if it pops up I guess i'll try it its only like 2.95au for a dynamic theme anyways.
 
Pretty much all of the dynamic themes on PS3 aren't as good as you'd hope they were. Besides, you've got yourself a custom wallpaper maker right inside GT5! Mine's a Ferrari 599 at the moment :) Just make sure you set the camera to 16:9 if you're on a 1080 display.
 
I was hoping for something similar to the Schick (or whatever it's called) dynamic theme.
What would be awesome is for the cars in your GTLIFE garage to be displayed randomly, although that's probaly not possible...
 
Back