There should be a way to “test drive” cars, especially legendary cars

United States
United States
As someone who can only play 5-6 hours a week, credits are pretty scarce for me. I have gotten burned multiple times after buying a car and realizing within 5 minutes that it wasn’t for me. You can’t even sell the car for a loss. It’s all or nothing.

Some might mention the “rental” thing, but I feel like a test drive option is important here. This is a game at the end of the day, but I will humor Kaz in his desire for “realism.” ANY person looking to buy a car for 10 million dollars will surely test drive it. Not here, though. It’s not a game breaker, but it’s quite annoying.

As someone who can only play 5-6 hours a week, credits are pretty scarce for me. I have gotten burned multiple times after buying a car and realizing within 5 minutes that it wasn’t for me. You can’t even sell the car for a loss. It’s all or nothing.

Some might mention the “rental” thing, but I feel like a test drive option is important here. This is a game at the end of the day, but I will humor Kaz in his desire for “realism.” ANY person looking to buy a car for 10 million dollars will surely test drive it. Not here, though. It’s not a game breaker, but it’s quite annoying.
I don’t think this will happen but would be a good idea.
If you are spending that much you should know what you are buying and I suppose most cars bought for that sort of money don’t get ragged around much. I buy 2 now, one for standard and another to play with. Apart from the 956 Porsche. Have 4 so far.

As someone who can only play 5-6 hours a week, credits are pretty scarce for me.
5 hours per week gets you 15 million credits per week nowadays with the Tomahawk. You can buy almost any legend car appearing in the shop at that rate.

As long as it lasts ...

There should never never be an option to test drive cars in a racing game, and that goes with Legendary cars as well. Test drive a car on a race track will not work, because you can actually tune the car to suit that track or any other track.
If a game like GT Sports 2 had no tuning options available in a the game, then I will say YES to test drive a car before you buy but the game has got tuning options, so there is no need to have a test drive option available.

Why I mentioned GT Sport 2 is because GT7 it's really not a traditional numbered game, it's GT Sport with a few new silly features that should never appear, and it called GT Sport 2.

Nah, it's fine. You can do 200 one hour custom races and get one car. Sounds fine to me.

Last edited:
I spent $3M on the penzoil skyline and realized it’s inferior to the 1.5M Castrol Supra. A quick test drive would have saved me the money. Hell, I would be willing to sell it now for 2M and take a 1M loss, but we can’t do that. Gotta push those micro transactions.

CBH
There should never never be an option to test drive cars in a racing game, and that goes with Legendary cars as well. Test drive a car on a race track will not work, because you can actually tune the car to suit that track or any other track.
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

People try cars in real life before buying them for a damn good reason.
People go visit houses in real life before renting or buying them (and check all the documentation) for a damn good reason.
They're all investments, and so are the expensive cars in GT. Players invest their precious time grinding for credits.
Sure today we have forums of users who already tried something in particular, reviews about any product like on Amazon. But at the end of the day it's how YOU feel about it that matters. We all have different tastes.
As @tonybarnaby wrote above didn't like the Pennzoil GTR.

Tuning? The Corvette Stingray Racer Concept in LCD is bad no matter how you tune it. For example.

Last edited:
If you were to go to an Exotic car dealership do you think that they will just let you "Test Drive" their cars
New cars and Used cars should be able to be test driven.

This is a game! Don't try any stupid real life reasons. It will bring you 2.0 score on Metacritic. :D
Well Kaz is kinda like Steve Jobs
Kaz has a vision of how GT should be, this means we get the same stale crap each release.
Its not that AI that is bad, it is just a feature.

People have been wanting test drive ability for ages, we dont get it.

Last edited:
There's a lot of cars available to test in the Missions, Circuit experience, even Music Rally (or whatever it's called).
Maybe not the exact car you're looking for, but worth a look just in case?

CBH
If a game like GT Sports 2 had no tuning options available in a the game, then I will say YES to test drive a car before you buy but the game has got tuning options, so there is no need to have a test drive option available.

Why I mentioned GT Sport 2 is because GT7 it's really not a traditional numbered game, it's GT Sport with a few new silly features that should never appear, and it called GT Sport 2.
If there is some logic in this post, I haven't found it.

So If I head down to my local Ferrari dealership and ask to test drive some cars they'll tell me no, because I can tune them? :confused:

Last edited:
I'm gonna step into Hagerty and ask them to test drive the 250 GTO.
Way to jump to a rare case wherein real life you might not get to drive a car before buying it. Even then, I'd imagine you could depending on the owner and how it was being sold.

But when buying 95% of cars in real life, you'd get to test drive them first.

If there is some logic in this post, I haven't found it.
Standard.

But you know, if [feature] is garbage then it shouldn't be in a racing game because it's garbage and garbage shouldn't be in racing games so [feature] shouldn't bin in a racing game and it's garbage and GT7 is just GT4 part 2 part 2 part 2 part 2 and not really a numbered game because it has garbage in it. Sadface.

CBH

How can you sit there and call it GTS2 when they have Nerfed all the online racing stuff that was in GTS? This comment makes zero sense at all, lobbies have zero options now, and sport mode is a shell of what it was in GTS. The offline guys got what they wanted in GT7, a remake of GT4 with newer graphics basically. GT7 is anything but GTS2 lol.

This is a paid game and we paid for every car in the game. Give me my cars!

No, you paid for access to play the game, not all the content within it.

No worth a look. :D We want normal test driving like in any other racing game.

Then go play any other racing game? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
No, you paid for access to play the game, not all the content within it.

Then go play any other racing game? 🤷‍♂️
LOL, what? I paid for the content. Maybe you paid for just physical box, right?

I do that too. Important is to leave correct review at Metacritic then. :D

LOL, what? I paid for the content. Maybe you paid for just physical box, right?

I do that too. Important is to leave correct review at Metacritic then. :D

You might think you did, but you’d be wrong. No GT game since the very first one has ever given you free cars right out of the box, you have had to grind for them since 1999, anyone who expected anything different has no one but themselves to blame for the disappointment.

Last edited:
Back