There will be a Back-Up function

  • Thread starter Thread starter tourist
  • 12 comments
  • 1,328 views
Messages
382
I Just read on a german Blog that our kind Yamauchi-san is realeasing a patch in the end of month which should allow us to back-up our saves.

Dont have any idea how it will work.. but at least something!

Thanks!!
 
Last edited:
Thats good to know. No one wants to lose a save file.
 
If we do a backup using the backup utility, will the savegame be backed up if I install a new hdd and restore it?
 
not sure about that!
but you can transfer you saves with a cable from ps3 to ps3 which works 100% for the saves.
 
On the other hand i'm not looking forward to online racing being nothing but users with the Redbull X1 once a save file with that car shows up on gamefaqs.com
 
well i think they will find a way to keep the protection..
 
I Just read on a german Blog that our kind Yamauchi-san is realeasing a patch in the end of month which should allow us to back-up our saves.

Dont have any idea how it will work.. but at least something!

Thanks!!

As someone who got a YLOD two days ago, at least I know it's now worth getting my PS3 repaired jst for the data!
 
Has anyone ever tried to fix a YLOD themselves? It seems that the most common issue causing the YLOD is either the CPU or GPU separating from the board. It seems ridiculous to have to spend $150 to have Sony fix it. At that price I would definitely attempt this fix myself.

I've seen several Youtube videos explaining how to fix this yourself.
 
As someone who got a YLOD two days ago, at least I know it's now worth getting my PS3 repaired jst for the data!

If you go through Sony you will likely get a different PS3 back.
 
Has anyone ever tried to fix a YLOD themselves? It seems that the most common issue causing the YLOD is either the CPU or GPU separating from the board. It seems ridiculous to have to spend $150 to have Sony fix it. At that price I would definitely attempt this fix myself.

I've seen several Youtube videos explaining how to fix this yourself.
Yes, fixed mine(60gb fat) after I got YLOD while playing GT5 a week ago, and its been working for a week now. Trying to limit my playing with 1-2 hours then at least a hour break. followed this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo
 
Yup, fixed mine too, Fat 40Gb, just tear the thing into pieces, warm it up, replace thermal paste and put it back together... :) have been playing gt5 for the past week, every day for many hours, no prob so far :D
 
Back