There's a new best CR per minute race!

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoCal Senator
  • 46 comments
  • 5,496 views
Messages
538
United States
Pensacola, FL/USA
Messages
SoCal_Senator
The Sarthe race in the new Ferrari seasonal has overtaken the Eifel K Cup for credits per minute. It pays 504,000 for a 4 minute or less race. 126+K per minute versus the K Cup's 101K per minute. And you get a helmet with the win. So dust off that Enzo or 430 in your garage.

PS: Not sure on XP as I've had no need for it for quite some time.

Good luck everybody!
 
Is the race 1 lap?
 
Sweet. I have every car and no need for XP, but it's good to have credits to buy and create a tuned version of some cars.
 
And I thought that Lightweight Cup K gave me fast money.

Edit: I have done the lap in my Enzo at 3:27.XXX
 
504,000 credits and 43,200 exp every 3:45 or so in my Scuderia is very nice. :D
 
Thanks for the heads up. The K cup was driving me nuts.
 
3:27?? That is faster than the TS020 by the Japanese at Le Mans in 1999, and that was fast by the way at 3:33 :O
But... yeah, epic times and epic race!
Anybody have the cars online??
 
This is awesome, now I can quickly spend my 20 million credits and grind to get it back.
 
Jack002
Thanks for the heads up. The K cup was driving me nuts.

No problem. But I will miss my growling 7-speed Cervo--it "cerved" me well!
 
Ah, nice to have a change of pace. I'm a little weary of grinding that K car race for Cr.

Although, for those like me who still need A-Spec XP, it is still the best at 18K/min XP. 👍
 
The Sarthe race in the new Ferrari seasonal has overtaken the Eifel K Cup for credits per minute. It pays 504,000 for a 4 minute or less race. 126+K per minute versus the K Cup's 101K per minute. And you get a helmet with the win. So dust off that Enzo or 430 in your garage.

PS: Not sure on XP as I've had no need for it for quite some time.

Good luck everybody!
GT5 Seasonal Events
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=242
For threads pertaining "GT5 Seasonal Events"

It is nice to know though.
 
Thanks for the heads up! 👍
 
Jack002
Thanks for the heads up. The K cup was driving me nuts.

AGREED! but yes thank you the heads up is much appreciated... ironically i have a fresh set of ferraris that i can use there
 
Nice to know. These times...what tyres are you using....are the cars tuned in some way? Lol I feel off the pace.
 
Nice to know. These times...what tyres are you using....are the cars tuned in some way? Lol I feel off the pace.
If you're grinding for grinding's sake, fit soft tyres, cram as much power as you can into your Ferrari, and just go to it.
 
If you're grinding for grinding's sake, fit soft tyres, cram as much power as you can into your Ferrari, and just go to it.

True.

The 599 (my grinder is at 840 hp) and more expensive Enzo are probably the best picks.
 
I got a time of 3.22.073 with cutting... After all it doesn't matter if you cut with the NPCs. Faster money :D
I also spotted that Enzo has big problems in the brakes, as they need a very long braking distance even with racing softs, and a bigger problem is the under steer. Maximum downforce is 25 in the rear...
 
If you're grinding for grinding's sake, fit soft tyres, cram as much power as you can into your Ferrari, and just go to it.

True...was doing 4'22s with no aids and stock...switch off the ABS too so I'm on a slow one :lol:
 
HyenaZERO
In some states they'd lynch you for a pun that bad.

Yeah it was bad but that name is just too easy.
 
3:27?? That is faster than the TS020 by the Japanese at Le Mans in 1999, and that was fast by the way at 3:33 :O
But... yeah, epic times and epic race!
Anybody have the cars online??

Ive got my enzo up not home but friend me and you can use the crap out of it Im falling in love with my Cali.. be home in about 20 minutes

Indy
 
My 458 italia @ 700+hp made it real simple.Didnt look at time tho.. i will run it again and see some times.Gotta change a couple things on the tuning tho.Havnt used this car since bspec.
 
I'd love to try this, but my GT is once again glitched and not letting me play while signed into the PSN. It's been this way since 1.10 came out, and I ran into this issue way back in February as well after an update. I fixed it back then by deleting the data and reinstalling/patching, but that didn't work this time.

In other words, I'm jealous. Back to B-spec Dream Car grinding I go...

Edit-

Fixed! Reset router, then reset your connection settings (auto is fine, just reset them). Bam, able to connect.
 
Last edited:
RazorsEdge
I got a time of 3.22.073 with cutting... After all it doesn't matter if you cut with the NPCs. Faster money :D
I also spotted that Enzo has big problems in the brakes, as they need a very long braking distance even with racing softs, and a bigger problem is the under steer. Maximum downforce is 25 in the rear...

I just managed a 3:14 with my tuned Enzo( with cutting) but it seems pretty quick compared to others. I saved the replay cos I was stoked
 
I got a time of 3.22.073 with cutting... After all it doesn't matter if you cut with the NPCs. Faster money :D
I also spotted that Enzo has big problems in the brakes, as they need a very long braking distance even with racing softs, and a bigger problem is the under steer. Maximum downforce is 25 in the rear...

I do agree with the brakes. . . it takes a bit of getting used to with the massive braking distance it requires, though for having 20in rotors I expect better braking. Though on the same topic, my setup gives me a tad bit of snap oversteer, rather than the understeer you speak of. Again, thats my setup, I usually have somewhat bizarre setups to most people but it does a fit my driving style.
 
I realised this as well doing this race. I promptly put my Enzo in grind mode, gave it a new paint job. (Chameleon Orange rules!), and off I went.

I have to admit, the times of 3:22 and 3:14 somewhat shocked me.

I've done a 3:31, although I've not been really really pushing for the best time. I figured if I cut every corner and shikane I can, I can get down to about 3:20-3:25, but 3:14?!?!?!

Regarding brakes, I've set mine up to 7 on the front, 5 on the back, and it works for me.

I also found that actually going into the sand patch slightly off to the left of the tight right hander between the 2 long straights can significantly improve braking time lost at that corner. :D

Anyway, although I'm more looking for EXP (A-Spec 33 and counting) rather than credits, I've come to enjoy this more than the K-Car race... or whatever it's called.
 
Back