These cars do not exist in Turn 10's eyes...

• Thread starter neige
  • 86 comments
There's always someone about to complain about everything.

I swear dude, I've heard some lame arguments, but yours is just ludacris. ;)

There we go. You are asuming I just want to bash GT.

Nope. Look:

GT1 - 16/163 (9.82%)
GT2 - 38/597 (6.37%)
GT3 - 14/189 (7.41%)
GTC - 10/105 (9.52%)
GT4P - 4/63 (6.35%)
GT4 - 54/729 (7.41%)
GT5P - 7/74 (9.46%)

The series has never hit 10% Skyline penetration. The closest was in GT1 when there was also the least number of cars. Every significant increase in the car list so far has reduced in, at most, no increase in the Skyline penetration (compare GT3 to GT4). Smaller car lists have increased Skyline penetration.

Well, for all that I care, the only games I consider to be real installations of GT are GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4. And what did I tell you about the 100 Skylines I asume will be in GT5? I wasn't talking about a percentage:

GT1 - 16
GT2 - 38 (There's an increase in Skylines compared to GT1)
GT3 - 14 (Few cars --> few Skylines)
GT4 - 54 (There's an increase in Skylines compared to GT2)

Do you realize what I'm saying, or are you still blindfolded? What part of "Don't mention percentages in here again" don't you understand? I said it twice, percentages is not what I'm talking about. It's the increase of Skylines from game to game what I'm talking about, not the proportion of Skylines per game, which leads me to believe that there will be around 90 or 100 Skylines in GT5.

Thus, my point is founded. If you want to go on with this, do it via PM. We are done with the unbalanced car list, and this is not even funny.

Last edited:
Do you realize what I'm saying, or are you still blindfolded? What part of "Don't mention percentages in here again" don't you understand? I said it twice, percentages is not what I'm talking about. It's the increase of Skylines from game to game what I'm talking about, not the proportion of Skylines per game, which leads me to believe that there will be around 90 or 100 Skylines in GT5.

Percentages are a way of looking at the amount of cars that doesn't change with the amount of cars in the game.

Of course there are going to be more Skylines when more cars are added :lol: Percentages makes it a fair comparison.

Of course there are going to be more Skylines when more cars are added :lol:

Then I'm eager to know why Famine doesn't understand.

Percentages makes it a fair comparison.

Too bad Famine seems to be interested in GT4 right now. He asumed that I was talking about percentages before, which I wasn't. He said I was wrong, but he isn't in my head, so he can't know what I meant. And the funny part is that it is obvious I wasn't talking about percentages, I didn't see any % there. And thus he has gone this far to prove me wrong.

It's rather stupid though, anyone who thinks that they should be entitled to premium content for a non-premium price has rocks in their head. That is not how the retail world works.

If you are referring to me you missed my point somewhere. I have no idea where anyone said it(LE) should be free and they'd have to be a monkey to think it. I just said the Zr-1 is a popular car and just not available at all for non vip users. Means we are not very important :). One car thats all, not the oil rag or whistle or whatever comes with the package.

Last edited:
Do you realize what I'm saying, or are you still blindfolded? What part of "Don't mention percentages in here again" don't you understand? I said it twice, percentages is not what I'm talking about.

(Few cars --> few Skylines)

Apparently you don't understand yourself any more. That line above? That's percentages.

It's the increase of Skylines from game to game what I'm talking about, not the proportion of Skylines per game

When the car list gets bigger, there are more cars in it, but there's also more variety because, and you'll like this, the percentages of each car in previous versions decreases.

which leads me to believe that there will be around 90 or 100 Skylines in GT5.

Which would require a leap of faith and an unprecedented percentage (which, remember, has never increased on an increased car list) rise. You'd be doubling the number of Skylines for a one-third increase in all cars.

But this still has nothing to do with the point.

Famine
Stock-for-stock, badge-for-badge, there are 6.7% 911s in FM3 and 7.5% Skylines in GT4. To complain about one but not the other is idiocy. There are 93.3% non-911s in FM3 and 92.5% non-Skylines in GT4. To complain about either is idiocy.

There were no new GT-R skylines made since GT4 came out besides the VQ Skylines..... So its silly to assume there will be 100.

The argument should be about the GT-R Skylines since there are many that are not GT-R's so why count them on name alone when they are different cars?

But this still has nothing to do with the point.

I don't know what were you doing when I said...

Codename L
Hopefully you will agree with me on my final view that both car lists are unbalanced.

...because you responded "Nope". Now I ask you, Famine: How is it that the car lists aren't unbalanced, or one is but the other is not? Sauce for the goose, remember?

The argument should be about the GT-R Skylines since there are many that are not GT-R's so why count them on name alone when they are different cars?

Apart from the two MNP cars (R33 MNPII; R34 MNPIII) it's easy to justify each and every car with a "Skyline" badge. But the morons don't - they just add up everything with "Skyline" on it, occasionally adding the two R35s too (which aren't Skylines) and go "Lol GT4 is all skyrines lol oneoneone".

Of course if we did the same with FM3, we'd end up with a surprisingly similar proportion of 911s (which also misses the point that they're quite different cars). And that's the point - it'd take a proper, military grade, 12-gauge, kevlar coated muppet to say there's "too many 911s" in FM3. Yet the proportion is similar to the "too many Skylines" in GT4 which seems so popular as a criticism of the game...

I don't know what were you doing when I said...

...because you responded "Nope". Now I ask you, Famine: How is it that the car lists aren't unbalanced, or one is but the other is not? Sauce for the goose, remember?

For the fourth time now - and the second in response to that question:

Famine
There are 93.3% non-911s in FM3 and 92.5% non-Skylines in GT4. To complain about either is idiocy.

Condescension works much better when preceded by comprehension.

Last edited:
For the fourth time now - and the second in response to that question:

Condescension works much better when preceded by comprehension.

...when I thought I couldn't be more of an idiot, my brother you had to prove me wrong. At least this came to an end, at the expense of my intelligence. You reputation certainly precedes you, as Hyundai's reputation precedes its cars. :D

The cars that turn 10 refuse to acknowledge since they're the "definitive racing game of this generation"?

180SX/240SX (RPS13) this car is such a big hit in the drift scene, why oh why is it not in this game

oh MAN! i am pretty annoyed that they do not have the RPS13 (hatchback) in the game as i was soo looking forward to reproducing my Real Life Counter-part, they even have the Work Emotion XD9's that i have!!! I hope they eventually come out with a patch, the coupe is nice and all, but i WANT THE HATCHBACK S13 Turn 10!!!!! :indiff:

Need for speed shift had it, which was cool, but that game just blows especially compared to FM3...

how many people played forza3 before commenting? there's around 10 new tracks, if i had my xbox360 at home i would list them for you, and there's around 50 new cars over forza 2 + DLCs, most of wich me and my friends don't even want to drive them, of those 400 cars, you have a lot of R3-R2-R1 repetition and almost none of them are older model, forget about the GT1 castrol Supra they have 2 or 3 of the newer model, i played a lot of forza 2, most of it in splitscreen with my best friend, and we are already bored of forza 3 because more than half of it is forza 2, forza 3 is a good game but i already played it too much by owning forza 2...

how many people played forza3 before commenting? there's around 10 new tracks, if i had my xbox360 at home i would list them for you, and there's around 50 new cars over forza 2 + DLCs, most of wich me and my friends don't even want to drive them, of those 400 cars, you have a lot of R3-R2-R1 repetition and almost none of them are older model, forget about the GT1 castrol Supra they have 2 or 3 of the newer model, i played a lot of forza 2, most of it in splitscreen with my best friend, and we are already bored of forza 3 because more than half of it is forza 2, forza 3 is a good game but i already played it too much by owning forza 2...

You could've found out all of that by looking at a car/track list a week before buying..

i'm a little lost, what exactly are you trying to say?

I am suprised that the Caparo T1 is not in as it is in PGR?

they probably had trouble recording sound and testing the handling characteristics of that car since it catches fire and burns anyone trying to get close to it.

I am suprised that the Caparo T1 is not in as it is in PGR?

I've seen this type of things posted in other Forza threads as well. What does a car being in PGR have to do with Forza? You realize the games are made by completely different developers.

PGR series - Bizzare Creations

Forza series - Turn 10

They only thing they have in common is that they're both published by Microsoft, but that doesn't mean anything.

I've seen this type of things posted in other Forza threads as well. What does a car being in PGR have to do with Forza? You realize the games are made by completely different developers.

PGR series - Bizzare Creations

Forza series - Turn 10

They only thing they have in common is that they're both published by Microsoft, but that doesn't mean anything.

Sorry, I was under the impression that they had some kind of relation other than Microsoft.

Has anyone ever thought that Turn 10 doesn't care about us the gamers and is more interested in making money while PD is a little more caring about us and are not just trying to milk us for every penny they can

PD doesn't care about anyone but themselves, otherwise they'd actually communicate with their fanbase and such. These are both businesses, people. T10, I feel, chooses cars based on what is really popular, and the newest, fastest cars. Its an online game, and more modern cars are almost always going to be the winning cars. A Honda Life Step Van isn't going to be one of them. I'm personally getting tired these six year development cycles.

And in my opinion, releasing more often and adding DLC often (monthly, as Turn10 plans) = caring about improving the gaming experience. Sure, they charge for the DLC, but is $5 for a set of cars really so hard for you to handle? You might have a surprise when GT5 releases and they start releasing 20 packs of cars every six months and for $15.

Last edited:
Turn 10 included a lot of cars the fan base wanted, which is why we got the Trans Am and Fox body Mustang along with a bunch of other unusual (for a racing game) cars.

Along with...oh, what were they again...That's right, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche. The three brands that have been requested forever from PD, who loves its fanbase so much, has failed to get the rights to them. Ah well.

There's as many fingers pointing both ways, aren't there? Play the game you want, ignore the other, you don't see me coming into the GT forums to troll.

Along with...oh, what were they again...That's right, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche. The three brands that have been requested forever from PD, who loves its fanbase so much, has failed to get the rights to them. Ah well.

There's as many fingers pointing both ways, aren't there? Play the game you want, ignore the other, you don't see me coming into the GT forums to troll.

This is also not to mention all of the other things the GT community has asked for. Damage, livery editor, tire marks, etc.

This isn't just limited to PD though, most gaming companies would love to do everything the fans ask for (except maybe EA :lol: ) but without the time or the resources sometimes it isn't possible. Sometimes things just need to be left out for whatever reason.

This is also not to mention all of the other things the GT community has asked for. Damage, livery editor, tire marks, etc.

This isn't just limited to PD though, most gaming companies would love to do everything the fans ask for (except maybe EA :lol: ) but without the time or the resources sometimes it isn't possible. Sometimes things just need to be left out for whatever reason.

Oh I know, I'm just trying to make these trolls stand out as such.

Back