They fixed the Evo X!

  • Thread starter Thread starter NCRthree
  • 40 comments
  • 3,639 views

NCRthree

Premium
Messages
1,797
United States
Virginia
Messages
ncrthree/GTP_ncrthree
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!
 
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!

👍 I am glad you are having a great time with the Evo and enjoying new heights in driving experience with ABS 0, I also wished other people on other threads could have the same experience and find a whole new game:dopey:
 
Turning ABS to 0 for me changed the game from a fun experience but one where the differences between similar cars couldn't be felt, to one much more comparable with LFS or rFactor level feeling, on the right tyres and with simple setup tweaks.

Glad your enjoying the evo more now :)
 
Ridox2JZGTE
👍 I am glad you are having a great time with the Evo and enjoying new heights in driving experience with ABS 0, I also wished other people on other threads could have the same experience and find a whole new game:dopey:

:lol:
 
I've never seen someone so obsessed with preaching about a driving aid in a videogame. It's a shame the search doesn't work properly because the number of posts by Ridox2JZGTE with the acronym 'ABS', No ABS' or '0 ABS' must be into the hundreds.
 
I actually think they had fixed it in the patch before the most recent one (I remember driving it a while ago and it wasn't doing that anymore), but yeah. Nice to be able to drive it now without turning off the AYC.
 
Ridox2JZGTE
Very funny +1:tup: You can ridicule me all you want, no offense taken.

I honestly don't mean to ridicule but things I deem to be preachy really rub me up the wrong.
 
👍 I am glad you are having a great time with the Evo and enjoying new heights in driving experience with ABS 0, I also wished other people on other threads could have the same experience and find a whole new game:dopey:

Seriously, you can stop going on about the whole ABS 0 thing. I am going to play the game how I want to play it, not how you want me to play it. Really getting tired of hearing you rant about this in almost every thread that even hints about this subject. So you drive with no aids, good for you. You're not impressing me any.
 
I've never seen someone so obsessed with preaching about a driving aid in a videogame. It's a shame the search doesn't work properly because the number of posts by Ridox2JZGTE with the acronym 'ABS', No ABS' or '0 ABS' must be into the hundreds.

The same goes with you going after all my posts, did I offended you with my posts ? Sorry if I did:sly: and thanks for caring enough to mention me again.:dopey:

End of off topic.
 
Seriously, you can stop going on about the whole ABS 0 thing. I am going to play the game how I want to play it, not how you want me to play it. Really getting tired of hearing you rant about this in almost every thread that even hints about this subject. So you drive with no aids, good for you. You're not impressing me any.

Am I not allowed to praise someone now ? Did I ever mention you ? and thanks for following my trail, shows that you cared :sly:

Sorry double post.
 
The same goes with you going after all my posts, did I offended you with my posts ? Sorry if I did:sly: and thanks for caring enough to mention me again.:dopey:

End of off topic.

No you didn't offend me but clearly I'm not the only one tired of hearing about you driving with no ABS.

Seriously, you can stop going on about the whole ABS 0 thing. I am going to play the game how I want to play it, not how you want me to play it. Really getting tired of hearing you rant about this in almost every thread that even hints about this subject. So you drive with no aids, good for you. You're not impressing me any.

You don't run ABS, that's great, but you don't need to mention it at any given opportunity. As I say, clearly I'm not the only one who notices.
 
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!

Hey ncrthree, do you like the Lancer EVO X TC?
 
I have not mentioned anything about it in this thread, you are all just getting hot headed, cool off, it will do good.

If anyone tired of me, just ignore me, I don't mind, and honestly all the rude response towards me do not affect me at all. I am cool.
 
I have not mentioned anything about it in this thread, you are all just getting hot headed, cool off, it will do good.
That's funny. I'm pretty sure the only reason you posted in this thread was to talk it up again rather than to say anything about the actual thread topic:
👍 I am glad you are having a great time with the Evo and enjoying new heights in driving experience with ABS 0, I also wished other people on other threads could have the same experience and find a whole new game:dopey:
 
All side comments about "preachiness" stop. Now. If the rest of you feel offended enough about it to post about it here, there's always the "Report " button. Or the "Ignore" button.

As for ABS 0, it is marginally on topic, as it was mentioned in the first post, but let's steer it back to the actual topic, mmKay?
 
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!

👍 I am glad you are having a great time with the Evo and enjoying new heights in driving experience with ABS 0, I also wished other people on other threads could have the same experience and find a whole new game:dopey:


That's funny. I'm pretty sure the only reason you posted in this thread was to talk it up again rather than to say anything about the actual thread topic:

Read the OP, and the response I've given again, I was making a wish, is that even wrong ?

I won't feed derailing topics again, you can accuse me of anything, I don't mind, keep them coming.
 
Perhaps it'll be best if you keep your wishes of how others play the game to yourself.
 
I've been using the Evo VI TM from the premium dealership and it's a great drive I've got to say. In real life I drive an Impreza P1 and it's been a struggle to get the 22B or the WRX STi Type-R to give me that same feeling.

Still not bothered driving any of my Evo X's yet but will take them out for a blast soon to see how they feel compared to the Evo VI's
 
Perhaps it'll be best if you keep your wishes of how others play the game to yourself.

I wished you have a great day, and get whatever that's boiling to cool down. Thankfully I am always cool no matter what others said.
 
They fixed it a while back, can't remember what update though, feels much better now. Sweet for you as you have one in the real, enjoy.


:D
 
Jeez, just saw there was 20 posts on my thread and was hoping to see others experiences with the car. Instead it's almost a carbon copy of another thread with the bickering. Wish I'd never typed those three letters and a zero now.

Have a nice day unless you've made other plans.
 
I must be the only one who's never actually driven the Lancer in-game enough to even experience the AYC bug :guilty:

Anyways OP, glad you're enjoying the car :cheers:
 
I must be the only one who's never actually driven the Lancer in-game enough to even experience the AYC bug :guilty:

Anyways OP, glad you're enjoying the car :cheers:

It took me about 2 or 3 minutes to notice it, and another 4 or 5 to convince myself that I wasn't crazy.

I then spent another 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get rid of it and then banished it to my garage forever. I saw that it had been supposedly fixed but still haven't tried it out to see. Glad to hear that if I do wish to drive it again, I can now.
 
I must be the only one who's never actually driven the Lancer in-game enough to even experience the AYC bug :guilty:

Anyways OP, glad you're enjoying the car :cheers:

You´re not alone mate, i´m with you:)
 
I hate the Evo X.. The engine note sounds like a coffee blender played through a bullhorn.. I have a roaring headache after 20'minutes with the car
 
Back