They fixed the Evo X!

  • Thread starter Thread starter NCRthree
  • 40 comments
  • 3,639 views
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!

Im a fellow evo owner (9) but i love the 10 just as much. gonna try this bad boy later
 
I'm so thrilled! My real life ride is an 08 Mitsu Evo X GSR. Never could enjoy it in GT5 because of that AYC glitch causing it to wobble back and forth at high speeds. Maybe this is old news but I wasn't aware of it.

Last night I was messing about with ABS 0 and to get a better feel for braking distances and reactions I got in a car I'm most familiar with. Got up to speed on Tsukuba's straight and after a few laps finally remembered that wobble glitch. Where did it go? Next ran HSR in a one make. Wow all the way up to top speed and absolutely perfect!

Spent an hour running the Nordshleife after that. Slamming it around with wild abondon-awesome! Handles like a dream on SH's and CS's. Mine's a 5 speed manual though. Sound isn't exactly right but there's at least some blow off. And yeah, much more realistic braking without the brake assist, heh.

It's funny the main reason I got GT5 a couple years back was to be able to drive my real life car on virtual race tracks. It was so disappointing when it was glitched, tried it a few times then put it aside and forgot about it. If I hadn't been trying ABS 0, I doubt I'd have ever driven it again. So thanks to guys touting ABS 0, it's a whole new game now!

Seems like some people in this thread need to take a chill pill and calm down. Read over the original post again. Ridox is totally on topic in his response.

And as a few other have said I'm in the same group as well that never drove the car enough to notice any glitch with it. Glad your having fun with it
 
Would it be bad to try ABS 0 with supercars? Or should ABS 0 be kept for normal street cars?

I always use ABS 1 for all cars with a brake balance of 2-1 or 3-2 and anytime I try abs 0 I just end up sliding off the road.
 
Would it be bad to try ABS 0 with supercars? Or should ABS 0 be kept for normal street cars?

I always use ABS 1 for all cars with a brake balance of 2-1 or 3-2 and anytime I try abs 0 I just end up sliding off the road.

Go here for more in depth information and discussion about ABS 0 driving, ask for tips or joining practice room, when a no ABS practice room open, it will be announced here.


ABS 0 community where are you???


Or for a start, increase front bias brake balance, maybe 4-1, 3-1 or 2-0 and you can watch my videos to see how braking is done while driving with ABS 0, the link is on my sig:dopey:
 
Seems like some people in this thread need to take a chill pill and calm down. Read over the original post again. Ridox is totally on topic in his response.

And as a few other have said I'm in the same group as well that never drove the car enough to notice any glitch with it. Glad your having fun with it
Tried it once in the first months after getting GT5 with a DFGT, then I tried it again recently with a G27 since I couldn't remember if the DFGT was the problem. I knew the Evo X was fast, just not that fast. :D
I like driving it too, when I wasn't sure if it was a fun car.

Would it be bad to try ABS 0 with supercars? Or should ABS 0 be kept for normal street cars?

I always use ABS 1 for all cars with a brake balance of 2-1 or 3-2 and anytime I try abs 0 I just end up sliding off the road.
You should/could higher the brake bias's numbers. I used to have the Front brakes set at 4-5 at the highest and now, I have the Front BB at 7-8. I never thought adjusting them so high would make the driving easier or better whenever I'd see someone mentioning that they have it as high or higher than that, but it does feel better. Only mentioning that since even I had a few cars set to 2-1.

haha Ridox2JZGTE was the one that mentioned that. I remember because I checked his "ABS 0 vids" afterwards. Thaaaanks man.
 
Im a fellow evo owner (9) but i love the 10 just as much. gonna try this bad boy later

Yeah, when I started shopping for Evos several years back that's the model year I wanted. Love the styling and it's razor sharp steering. Couldn't find one for a decent price so I got a X @0%. It's been a great car. A blast on twisty country roads. I've kept up with sport bikes on The Dragon with it-uh, doing the speed limit of course:lol:

Mine's got a cat back exhaust. Sports exhaust sounds pretty close to it.
 
Last edited:
haha Ridox2JZGTE was the one that mentioned that. I remember because I checked his "ABS 0 vids" afterwards. Thaaaanks man.

So glad someone watches my videos:tup:, feel free to leave any comments, I would be very grateful:dopey:

And about the Evo X AYC glitch, I never actually encountered any wobble, someone care to elaborate on this glitch ? I have my GT5 revert back to 1.0 due to gamedata corruption, and I have been driving Evo X premium in several arcade races, the car seems okay. I used no aids and comfort medium tire.
 
At high speeds the steering would wobble back and forth like the wheels were in ruts. It went straight but it was extremely annoying. I ditched the AYC and went with a conventional LSD just so I could drive it. Defeated the main handling attribute the car had. Evos in the States never had an AYC until the X.
 
At high speeds the steering would wobble back and forth like the wheels were in ruts. It went straight but it was extremely annoying. I ditched the AYC and went with a conventional LSD just so I could drive it. Defeated the main handling attribute the car had. Evos in the States never had an AYC until the X.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this wobble issue only occur with steering wheel input ? I drove the car in arcade mode races with stick, seems pretty stable above 100mph, I did not change anything other than BB of course, stock AYC. This is in GT5 1.0 that I have been playing for several days, the physics are different than 2.08. So, it might not be relevant to present version.
 
Didn't even really need to be going that fast, for me. It would start to try to wobble at anything above 45mph or so on my wheel. Got progressively worse as you got up to and above 100mph. I didn't know at the time that the LSD fixed it so I just ditched the car.

This was on something around 1.06 probably. It's possible that it affected wheels more than controllers, since the issue was mostly one of feedback. It tried to turn the wheel back and forth on you, almost like having a negative deadzone if that makes any sense. It might have had a quite different effect or none at all on a controller, It's been a long time since I saw the old threads about it.

EDIT: I found this thread about it that seems to be one of the oldest. Sounds like it wasn't an issue for those without FFB wheels.
 
Oh, thanks Morgoth_666, that's why I never felt it on stick, I rarely drive Evo X before, usually I drove the older generation ( 4G63T engine ), so I don't really know the issue, but it's great that is fixed now.
 
Back