(Banned)
England
Downing Street
sp00ky-w00ky-
There are only 2 tracks in the game - Monza and Spa

There is only 1 class in the game - GT3

There is only 1 weather type - Clear

Qualifying is always longer than the actual race

Once you have done your qualifying lap, you have to park on the apex of the most critical corner

Brakes are not activated until the second lap (kind of like DRS in F1) until then you use other cars to help you round the corners

None of the cars have mirrors

If you spin in lap 1 you must leave the lobby

If you are not in the top 5 by lap 3 you must leave the lobby

No matter how much you crash, your car never breaks

You can only use the pits by accident

If someone hits you off the track it is your fault, expect at least a 5 sec penalty

If someone tries to overtake it is obligatory to try and push them on the grass. If this fails you must swear loudly into your microphone

If you are using a microphone you must play music loudly in the background and have it so close to your face that everything you say is distorted

If you are using a microphone you cannot speak English (expect when using profanity)

If you are lobby host, the following must be punished by kicking them from the lobby
- anyone who qualifies faster than you
- anyone who finishes ahead of you in the race
- anyone who makes contact with you during the race

If you are lobby host, after the race has finished, you must sit in the car/track selection screen for at least 15mins without doing anything

Never ever say sorry for anything and never expect an apology either

feel free to add your own

Haven't played this game online for months but from what I remember you're pretty much spot on. Will AC be any better?

That is huge list of public online lobby issues..
And it happens with all the games i played GT5 and 6,Grids,shifts, driveclub, project and will surely "to be continued" in assetto, GT Sport, project 2..

I only play in private lobby with people who really appreciate a simulation / driving game with different types of cars / tracks / climate / hours.
And with clean and fair play drivers..

Private lobby: serious play.
Public lobby: casual and kid players.

Conclusion: avoid public lobby's! :banghead::D

...it happens with all the games i played GT5 and 6...

I never had any of those issues in GT5 or GT6, because that game gave hosts all the tools needed to police public lobbies. Sure, it happened in a few lobbies ran by idiots, but good hosts ran good rooms because the options were there to enable them to have clean & gentlemanly races. Slightly Bad Studios dropped the ball on the multiplayer options, or lack thereof, & $ony compounded the problem by charging for access to multiplayer. I was only interested in online racing, & now I no longer am.

The qualifying longer than the race is the one that annoys me the most. If you set a race that is as long as the average qualifying time (20-30 minutes), nobody will stay in the room.

VBR
I never had any of those issues in GT5 or GT6, because that game gave hosts all the tools needed to police public lobbies. Sure, it happened in a few lobbies ran by idiots, but good hosts ran good rooms because the options were there to enable them to have clean & gentlemanly races. Slightly Bad Studios dropped the ball on the multiplayer options, or lack thereof, & $ony compounded the problem by charging for access to multiplayer. I was only interested in online racing, & now I no longer am.
Well i got those issues in 99% of the public lobby's in the GT games.. And lot's of persons i now saying exactly the same.
The online options to open a lobby in project cars are correct and have at least the same options off those in GT..and i realy find the server working better than the one of GT6 in terms of stability.

About Sony's online multiplayer... Well, they are a private company, and servers cost money to get them better..
Microsoft do the same since the first Xbox and the results are that they have the best online services in consoles today.
So, it's Easy to understand why Sony now is doing the same.

Now in GT Sport we will see how the copy of the iracing multiplayer system works! That can be a good point for GT Sport.

Meanwhile.. I stay in private lobby's in every simulation / or driving game.

:cheers:

I'm surprised the one and only class is GT3, not whatever class the game's exotic hypercars appear in. I'm also surprised that the two tracks actually have corners you need to think about or brake to negotiate.

I'm surprised the one and only class is GT3, not whatever class the game's exotic hypercars appear in. I'm also surprised that the two tracks actually have corners you need to think about or brake to negotiate.
Although if you turn all penalties off you'll find some good shortcuts on both of them. The jump over the grass at the Spa chicane is pretty fun!

Once you have done your qualifying lap, you have to park on the apex of the most critical corner

Brakes are not activated until the second lap (kind of like DRS in F1) until then you use other cars to help you round the corners

If someone hits you off the track it is your fault, expect at least a 5 sec penalty

If someone tries to overtake it is obligatory to try and push them on the grass. If this fails you must swear loudly into your microphone

If you are using a microphone you must play music loudly in the background and have it so close to your face that everything you say is distorted

If you are using a microphone you cannot speak English (expect when using profanity)

If you are lobby host, the following must be punished by kicking them from the lobby

If you are lobby host, after the race has finished, you must sit in the car/track selection screen for at least 15mins without doing anything

Hahahahahha laughin out loud here :D

Brilliant stuff :D online lobbies sure are plenty of fun :D that's why I haven't currently paid for PS+ :D

Well i got those issues in 99% of the public lobby's in the GT games.. And lot's of persons i now saying exactly the same.
The online options to open a lobby in project cars are correct and have at least the same options off those in GT..and i realy find the server working better than the one of GT6 in terms of stability.

Then maybe you were joining the wrong lobbies! I was part of the online racing community that like to race untuned cars, there was a whole lot of hosts & racers who ran & raced in casual public lobbies, & 99% of the time there were no issues with bad drivers. Project Cars didn't even have Kick Player function when it launched, the community literally had to beg for it. Even though it has it now, you still can't permanently block players which you can do in GT5 & GT6 on PS3. So no, PC does not have all the same online options as GT. You can't turn voice chat off, & have text chat on either. Is there even text chat in PC lobbies? Without that, there's no communication, & without that it's next to impossible to have clean races in public lobbies.

About Sony's online multiplayer... Well, they are a private company, and servers cost money to get them better..
Microsoft do the same since the first Xbox and the results are that they have the best online services in consoles today.
So, it's Easy to understand why Sony now is doing the same.

Sony were a private company during the PS3 days as well, it didn't stop them from having free to access multiplayer. PS3 online was Peer To Peer, so there were no dedicated serves. Has the PS4 changed that? I was under the impression that PSN on PS4 is the same P2P network it's always been. I never had hardly any connection issues in GT games on PS3, but I've never owned an "egg box" so can't comment.

VBR
Then maybe you were joining the wrong lobbies! I was part of the online racing community that like to race untuned cars, there was a whole lot of hosts & racers who ran & raced in casual public lobbies, & 99% of the time there were no issues with bad drivers. Project Cars didn't even have Kick Player function when it launched, the community literally had to beg for it. Even though it has it now, you still can't permanently block players which you can do in GT5 & GT6 on PS3. So no, PC does not have all the same online options as GT. You can't turn voice chat off, & have text chat on either. Is there even text chat in PC lobbies? Without that, there's no communication, & without that it's next to impossible to have clean races in public lobbies.

Sony were a private company during the PS3 days as well, it didn't stop them from having free to access multiplayer. PS3 online was Peer To Peer, so there were no dedicated serves. Has the PS4 changed that? I was under the impression that PSN on PS4 is the same P2P network it's always been. I never had hardly any connection issues in GT games on PS3, but I've never owned an "egg box" so can't comment.

On PS4 everyone uses the "party app" for micro and writing chat ,you can activate/deactivate/mic in the PS button.(so same options than GT)
The chat box on GT where very annoying.don't miss them at all in project cars and it's really not at all needed,cause it's a real distraction, hopefully there was a option to deactivate the chat box in GT6.

Your also the first person that i met that says that the online public lobbies are 99% with clean people.. Well, you're very lucky person than.

On Pcars you can also ban people.. (i never seen the options to block people in public lobbies in GT5 or GT6)

And yes,most servers on PS4 are P2P, but in my case they are working better..i didn't got so much desconections in Pcars than in GT6 and not a single "ghosted car" or network incompatibility with host like in GT5 and 6.

On Xbox they have yet more dedicated servers.

On PS4 that started to change also, like the next GT sport, that will have dedicated server for the FIA championships up to more than 20 player's and a P2P server for normal public /private lobby's with up to 16 player's

Hahahaha brilliant! This is so true of every racing game I've played online.

VBR
I never had any of those issues in GT5 or GT6

You must be the luckiest man alive!

On PS4 everyone uses the "party app" for micro and writing chat ,you can activate/deactivate/mic in the PS button.(so same options than GT)
The chat box on GT where very annoying.don't miss them at all in project cars and it's really not at all needed,cause it's a real distraction, hopefully there was a option to deactivate the chat box in GT6.

Your also the first person that i met that says that the online public lobbies are 99% with clean people.. Well, you're very lucky person than.

On Pcars you can also ban people.. (i never seen the options to block people in public lobbies in GT5 or GT6)

And yes,most servers on PS4 are P2P, but in my case they are working better..i didn't got so much desconections in Pcars than in GT6 and not a single "ghosted car" or network incompatibility with host like in GT5 and 6.

On PS4 that started to change also, like the next GT sport, that will have dedicated server for the FIA championships up to more than 20 player's and a P2P server for normal public /private lobby's with up to 16 player's

In GT5 & GT6 you could disable chat for the whole room, this leads to cleaner racing in my experience. You can't do that in P Cars.

In GT5 & GT6 the host can kick people out of the room. Both games also have a feature that permanently blocks players from entering all furture lobbies if you put them on your PSN Blocked List. P Cars doesn't do this, it only lets you kick a player from a lobby. So, the same bad drivers can keep on joining any new lobbies you open at other times.

I never said that the online lobbies were 99% clean, you are twisting my words. What I actually said was that the lobbies I raced in & hosted were 99% clean. I also explained why that was, but you seemed to have forgotton that.

You must be the luckiest man alive!

Luck had nothing to do with it, I just hosted very good rooms, & texted the rules to all who entered. I also only joined rooms that were set a certain way & run by good hosts.

Chill out guys, this thread was purely tongue in cheek.

TongueCheek.jpg

:lol:

GT isn't any better (same for Forza and co..).

That's why I prefer private lobbys for racing. For me public is only for drifting and cruising (still, even in a cruise sometimes I feel like a private one would be better).

VBR
In GT5 & GT6 you could disable chat for the whole room, this leads to cleaner racing in my experience. You can't do that in P Cars.

In GT5 & GT6 the host can kick people out of the room. Both games also have a feature that permanently blocks players from entering all furture lobbies if you put them on your PSN Blocked List. P Cars doesn't do this, it only lets you kick a player from a lobby. So, the same bad drivers can keep on joining any new lobbies you open at other times.

I never said that the online lobbies were 99% clean, you are twisting my words. What I actually said was that the lobbies I raced in & hosted were 99% clean. I also explained why that was, but you seemed to have forgotton that.

Luck had nothing to do with it, I just hosted very good rooms, & texted the rules to all who entered. I also only joined rooms that were set a certain way & run by good hosts.

Like i said, you push the PS button of your dualschock 4,close the game chat micro.and volia! You don't hear nobody in the Pcars lobby.

And like i said i never seen the "block" option in GT5 or GT6 in Public lobbies, that you can block the people of your "friends list", yes,and that also possible in PS4.

When i open a public lobby in Pcars with good option, full damage, flags and penalties with real driving aids or only ABS.. The only ones who enter are mostly clean people..
So if you want you can also find "clean" lobbies.
But i prefer private ones.

And, yes,Pcars isn't perfect, but GT either.
And really, in my personal opinion I've got less problems in Pcars lobbies than in those from GT..i realy don't miss the days you can't join a lobby for host incompatibility or been in track with people ho don't see you or you don't see.
In Pcars 0 times I've got this issues..

And things like do your settings and setup from the cars in the box on track is great! And don't have to exit to the lobby, go to the setup screen, and than go back on track like in GT..

Like i also said, the chatbox in GT sucks,it's a big distraction, and more when people start to write non stop while you are training or racing. So i really prefer the "party app" system on PS4...ho wants to talk goes there meanwhile in the lobby you got silence.

Like i said, you push the PS button of your dualschock 4,close the game chat micro.and volia! You don't hear nobody in the Pcars lobby.

Yeah I get that, but it only closes the chat for the player, you can't force chat off for the whole room & that is needed to get cleaner races in public lobbies. You can force chat off for the whole room in GT on PS3, & that was one of the tools I used to enforce clean racing.

And like i said i never seen the "block" option in GT5 or GT6 in Public lobbies, that you can block the people of your "friends list", yes,and that also possible in PS4.

Just because you haven't personally seen it, doesn't mean that it's not there. It is there, & hosts can kick players from the room. GT games also automatically blocks anyone from entering your lobbies if they are on your PSN blocked list, Project Cars does not do this. It was a needed feature for having consistantly clean public lobbies online. I don't want to have to kick the exact same trolls everytime I set up a new lobby.

Like i also said, the chatbox in GT sucks,it's a big distraction, and more when people start to write non stop while you are training or racing. So i really prefer the "party app" system on PS4...ho wants to talk goes there meanwhile in the lobby you got silence.

I had no problems with the chatbox in GT6 or GT5, simply because it was a rule in my lobbies that people didn't use it when racing, & guess what? Everyone stuck to that rule!

I get that you like online racing in P Cars more than GT, & I'm happy for you. But not everyone feels the same way, just accept that fact.

:)

VBR
GT games also automatically blocks anyone from entering your lobbies if they are on your PSN blocked list, Project Cars does not do this.

Project CARS does if you are the host. Thanks for helping to ruin what was supposed to be a fun thread.

Project CARS does if you are the host.

It never used to, when did they change it?

Thanks for helping to ruin what was supposed to be a fun thread.

I dunno why you liked his post, it takes two to tango! :P

@Spooky Wooky - Sorry that you feel our argument spoiled your thread. Ask a mod to delete all of mine & Donnced's posts if you want to, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Great post! All of these reasons are why I won't touch online multiplayer in racing games with a bargepole. I always find it both hilarious and very irritating when some people question the need and desire for offline single player vs AI, to those people I say read this OP.

Almost all of my online racing has been in the public lobbies of various titles, and to me the traffic isn't the worst part. There are techniques to mitigate the problem; my favorite is delaying my initial turn-in to dodge divebombing players, zipping through just after they've driven headfirst into the wall expecting to bounce off of me. It works way too often. Sometimes you can give them the slip by apexing early instead.

The #1 reason I prefer offline racing with AI is when it's a better use of my time than looking for a lobby, connecting to a lobby, waiting for the lobby to ready up, waiting for the host to launch, getting disconnected, looking for a lobby, connecting to a lobby, getting an error that the lobby is full, looking for a lobby, connecting to a lobby, waiting for the lobby to ready up...sometimes it feels like I spend over half my playtime on that.

I'm not a fan of all the races on boring high-speed tracks with the fastest cars in the game, either, though there are plenty of times that I've found myself in a little niche with like-minded players who enjoy more interesting tracks and cars. A twistier track or a slower class is often enough to keep the worst players from wanting to join in.

Back