Things I learned about Project CARS from public lobbies

That is huge list of public online lobby issues..
And it happens with all the games i played GT5 and 6,Grids,shifts, driveclub, project and will surely "to be continued" in assetto, GT Sport, project 2..
I am very curious to see if this is the case in the soon to be released Assetto Corsa. The pc open lobbies I've been in online are very respectful for the most part. If GTSport's ranking system is successful I think most racing sims will have no choice in the future but to implement ranking systems of their own.

I am very curious to see if this is the case in the soon to be released Assetto Corsa. The pc open lobbies I've been in online are very respectful for the most part.

But i imagine penso that being on PC, the players are more mature, whereas when the game appears on console, sadly there will be many "immature youngsters" playing it, so it'll most probably be "Demo Derby" time again............ :rolleyes:

I am very curious to see if this is the case in the soon to be released Assetto Corsa. The pc open lobbies I've been in online are very respectful for the most part. If GTSport's ranking system is successful I think most racing sims will have no choice in the future but to implement ranking systems of their own.

I think just the same of hammymansel..i think that the global "simracing" users in PC are more mature in PC and they know more what kind of "game" their are playing.

All people i met in PC sim games like iracing, rfactor, assetto are more respective.

But like i said, in consoles, the best are private lobby's with people you know and take simracing a bit more serious.

:cheers:

But i imagine penso that being on PC, the players are more mature, whereas when the game appears on console, sadly there will be many "immature youngsters" playing it, so it'll most probably be "Demo Derby" time again............ :rolleyes:
That's been my experience too but I'm wondering if there will be a difference between console AC and PCars lobbies. I don't think AC will sell as well as PCars and the user base might be more confined to the more serious sim racers on console which might be a bonus for console players. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that might attract more casual players like day/night, weather etc.

VBR
It never used to, when did they change it?
@Spooky Wooky - Sorry that you feel our argument spoiled your thread. Ask a mod to delete all of mine & Donnced's posts if you want to, I wouldn't mind that at all.

I'm not sure when it was changed, but it definitely works :lol:

I don't think I need to ask a mod to remove a load of posts, was just trying to make a point that this wasn't a serious thread.

Actually I've had some good races in pCARS public lobbies, it's just luck of the draw. The options for the lobby search in this game don't help. Hope it improves for pCARS 2.

Was in a public lobby last night.
Imola
Gt3 cars
10laps

16 entrants.
I put my McLaren in 2nd. Which was nice. Ment the car ahead had some pace.

I had a race on my hands.

5 laps later. Im the last one left. Haha
Finished my 10laps to maintain my 100% record from 53 races.

I learned that if you touch someone you must then actively seek them out for the rest of the race because they messed up your race from contact.

If you are kicked out of a room you must absolutely berate the host via message telling them how awful they are and how you're the greatest driver the planet has seen.

This is off-topic but either online on the PS4 is completely desolate or I'm having some weird issues. My internet connection is completely fine but I never come across any public lobbies. "No multiplayer sessions found to join!" Is what I've been getting for months. Any advice?

I went online with this game for a few hours last night for the first time in best part of a year. Actually had some fun, amongst all the usual silliness. I have some (sarcastic) questions:

What feature is it that makes cars shoot off in every direction apart from forwards when the lights go green? My car seemed unaffected, yet most other people were all over the place?

Is there an auto-disconnect when people get overtaken or make a mistake? Again, my car was unaffected.

Is there a magnet system when you get near another car and they just come towards you and drive you off the track?

Does no one use cars that don't start quali with warm tires? Is a lap or 2 to warm them up unacceptable?

Is everyone else's mic set at maximum volume for ear-splitting crackles and engine noises?

Is it normal to have an hour's quali followed by a 4 lap race?

But yet, I had fun. Most races ended up with only a few cars though, but I would stay at it, and had a couple of good races against like-minded people amongst all the idiots.

Back