Things You Want To See In GT7 Besides Vehicles & Tracks

A simple thing...

I just want to see the return of the zoomable map from GT5. If they were to enhance it in someway, even better.
The ability to exactly see where all the cars were positioned around you with just a quick glance was invaluable.

You can keep your VR and multi monitors, that's all I need. :)

Adjustable weather conditions.

In pCars(XBONE), just did a 20minute race using a BMW GT4 car at Donington. I set the time for 7am. Set the weather(4 settings max) to start: Foggy, Light Cloud, Hazy, Clear.
I then set tyre wear, to allow for one pit stop.

The racing is too real. 38 cars full tilt all the time. Cars pitting at the next to last lap. Some pit half race distance. I pit early to undercut a Ginetta that was pulling away. Totally random happenings. A car had to stay in the garage because of damage.

Driving through the weather conditions and watching the replay, if GTS can feature this kind of adjustability, it'll be a winner.

Ahhhh yeah the camera rotation. I would love that too. - especially if we get that livery editor! And yeah, 900 degree steering animation is for sure something I miss. I agree with you man. Just the simple things, comeon PD, at least give us the simple things. Then we'll discuss the more advanced stuff. :mischievous:

A simple thing...

I just want to see the return of the zoomable map from GT5. If they were to enhance it in someway, even better.
The ability to exactly see where all the cars were positioned around you with just a quick glance was invaluable.

You can keep your VR and multi monitors, that's all I need. :)
A tremendously useful feature for online racing. I really missed that mini-map in GT6. A fan developed a free app for AC called Helicorsa which takes it to a whole new level. I'd really like to see something like that in GTS.

And also - after the rain has stopped - allow a few minutes of wet asphalt with a few puddles. I hate pCars when it comes to that. It dries up instantly!

Totally agree about it. I love DRIVECLUB for that very reason, the cockpit view and the driving/shifting animations are top notch. Every racing game should be on par with Evo's racer.
Love how the driver builds up to shift, he's so aggressive. :D haha

Those fishermen and the lake monster have been facing off on Trial Mountain for a long time. I'd like to see what happens. And maybe the monkey should have a friend. He's probably seen more races than any (virtual) living creature.

For an odd, out of nowhere (but somewhat more serious) suggestion, about every auto manufacturer has some type of museum. I'd like to see a virtual recreation of at least the main floor and featured vehicles.

I totally forgot about this thread. My suggestions from that other one:
  • I've only complained since the release of GT5 that the replay cameras are too low most of the time. Like below chest high. I'd prefer for there to be higher views added in, more panoramic shots. I like seeing the cars approach and drive away from a high viewpoint. I also appreciate the lack of so many flying cam shots this time around. What I'd like to see are physical camera positions, cranes and all, located around the track, and each view having a camera position modeled. This may be a problem with what I'd also like to see here: user camera editing. RaceRoom will soon give us a Director's Mode which will allow us to position replay cams wherever we want. I'd really like to see this in GT Sport, if possible.
  • Edited driver views.
    What we need is a way to adjust the camera, so everyone is happy. I keep making this suggestion because I'm hoping one of these days, it happens. Hopefully in GT Sport.
    • Four camera locations: Bumper, Cockpit, Roof, Chase
    • Adjust camera forward/back, left/right, up/down
    • Adjust field of view
    • Adjust sway amount, 0 is fixed
    • Adjust shake amount
    For a hood view, pick either Bumper or Cockpit. Say you want to see mostly the road, pick Bumper.
    • Camera up 20
    • Camera back 40
    • Sway 0
    • Shake 10
    There you go, a hood view showing just enough of the hood to see it and be oriented. I thought about an aim parameter, but less clutter and confusion is better.
  • I want to see an Event Maker, which lets us create a string of events all the way to a small racing season - or large - complete with championships, rules, points spread, car restrictions, league definitions and permitted cars, bots to flesh out fields with difficulty, sequence of tracks, weather and time of day for each event, etc. Both off- and online.
  • Course Maker 2.5, one which includes the app and tools in GT Sport.
  • Movie Maker, for editing and sharing replays. Even editing of replay cam positions as above.

Back