Things You Want To See In GT7 Besides Vehicles & Tracks

Hah! You're telling me? I love 60 fps; I want ALL my games running that.

That doesn't answer the question though: do you NEED a 120 Hz or higher TV for X1/PS4 gaming?

I don't think so...
Why would you need 120Hz to play console games that don't run above 60fps?

I've spoken with a few people and I have some interesting facts about GT7.

Remember the multiple prize cars from GT3? Polyphony might bring that back in GT7, the final decision has not been made yet but it's very likely to happen.
Yes, I do! I remember that GT3 has an choice of 4 prize cars and you just can get 1 of the 4 prize cars.

Yes, I do! I remember that GT3 has an choice of 4 prize cars and you just can get 1 of the 4 prize cars.
I would like it like Forza, where you get a choice of 4 prize cars after a championship (Only championships) and you have to choose
Example
Japanese Championship Car Choice - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, Subaru Impreza '10 or Honda NSX-R '02
American Championship Car Choice - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10, Dodge Charger SRT8 '11, Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 or Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11

Might work on some sort of spreadsheet to see what car rewards each event should have. Maybe an editied version of my old GT Structure one?

I would like it like Forza, where you get a choice of 4 prize cars after a championship (Only championships) and you have to choose
Example
Japanese Championship Car Choice - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, Subaru Impreza '10 or Honda NSX-R '02
American Championship Car Choice - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10, Dodge Charger SRT8 '11, Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 or Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11

Might work on some sort of spreadsheet to see what car rewards each event should have. Maybe an editied version of my old GT Structure one?

I'm actually thinking of deleting my FM4 profile and starting over, just to choose different prize cars! :D

I've spoken with a few people and I have some interesting facts about GT7.

Remember the multiple prize cars from GT3? Polyphony might bring that back in GT7, the final decision has not been made yet but it's very likely to happen.
If they do that please make it like Forza 4 and let players choose which car they want. The luck based system of GT3 was terrible.

An even better idea would be to have the option to have prize money instead of prize cars that I'll never use.

License plates would be cool but a profanity filter might not be so easy to implement, what's it going to do with this? 51N3P
If they set up a reporting system and someone is monitoring it on a regular basis, as soon as that is reported for what it is, it goes into the database and the next time you try to use it online, you get a warning.

I'd like the parts & tuning options like NFS Shift. Pre-made livery and custom options; large choice of wheels; raised white letter tyre option; interior changes as you upgrade from steering wheels to full race.

If GT7 gives us the visual options and can find a way to breath life into the AI, it will be less likely for me to buy any other car game.

Last edited:
Liveries and Customisation:
-Pre-made liveries/racing liveries for detailed cars
-Ability to create custom liveries
-Custom helmet and racing suit designs
-Tire brand choice: has a difference on tire wear and tire life (e.g Pirelli has more wear than Bridgestone)
-Brake brand choice: has a difference on brake wear and brake life

Ability to change brake pads in endurance races

No more elevator jazz music everywhere!
A home screen that feels homely and not like a mobile app. GT1+2 Had a great atmosphere.
Returning of car testing features like the GT5 test pack.
More tuning options, from increased range of tyre grades, widths and profiles to engine swaps and full race conversion.

No more elevator jazz music everywhere!
A home screen that feels homely and not like a mobile app. GT1+2 Had a great atmosphere.
Returning of car testing features like the GT5 test pack.
More tuning options, from increased range of tyre grades, widths and profiles to engine swaps and full race conversion.
I loved the music in GT5's menus, I hope they bring some of it back

Livery Editor (with possibility of exporting to a computer and an importing from a computer to a PS3)
Vinyls, Body Changes, Hydraulics (like Need For Speed Underground 2 and Forza 5, for example)
Custom Point System (For example, the points of FIA: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1)
Ability to hold more than 16 drivers in only one lobby. (Especially if we do the rally stages and we want more cars to appear in our championships! :D)
Free Roam on real Cities: Ex: London
Ability to park, turn off the car, get out of car and buy things. Ability to talk with the people.
Trade Option (For who are short in credits to buy an Jaguar XJ13 for example)
Ability to choose the penalties to apply in a race (Drive-thuru penalty, Black flag, Black/White flag...)
etc.

Edit: You can paste the things of GT6 to here...
Ok "possibility of exporting to a computer and an importing from a computer to a PS3" is just asking for trouble with bad modders and the like who love to troll online and wreck it for everyone and PS3 really, are you serious hate to break your little heart here champ GT7 will be PS4 not old gen, and free roam and talking to people sorry this is GRAN TURISMO-THE RACING SIMULATOR not gran theft auto BUT i really like the penalty's, car change options and the lobby ideas

Ok "possibility of exporting to a computer and an importing from a computer to a PS3" is just asking for trouble with bad modders and the like who love to troll online and wreck it for everyone and PS3 really, are you serious hate to break your little heart here champ GT7 will be PS4 not old gen, and free roam and talking to people sorry this is GRAN TURISMO-THE RACING SIMULATOR not gran theft auto BUT i really like the penalty's, car change options and the lobby ideas
The thread is not 'what we will realistically see in GT7', it is 'what you want to see in GT7'.

A thousand likes for this isn't enough:tup:👍👍

IMO, without the racing, there is no game for me. The feature I most anticipated for GT6 was the Community features. I wanted to be able to organize and announce a race in the Forum for everyone interested in online racing to see. At the same time, I wanted to see and join other events I was interested in. Instead we get the same random crapshoot we always had. Very disappointing. The AI being a complete joke, means there is no racing in the game for me and I'm not a big fan of TT's or hotlapping, except as it relates to racing.
Would you be satisfied with a format similar to GT 1 where one would qualify then race from a standing start without handicaps and such like

FS7
-all options available in all game modes (qualifying, standing starts, mechanical damage, fuel/tire wear, penalties, etc).
-make offline races closer to real life, include optional practice & qualifying before the race, have the option to adjust AI difficulty (pace, aggressiveness).
-have more career races, have longer races.
-event creator.
-a proper track creator, and a practical way to share & search user-made tracks online.
-something similar to FM4's event list, so that I can pick a car I like and see all the info needed about every career event in 1 single page, without having to waste time going back and forth between menu screens.
-an option to make the game remember all my preferences/settings. Having to switch to cockpit view every single time I load the game is annoying, even more annoying is having to change garage sorting option to PP every single time I enter my garage.
-make all cars available in arcade mode from the start. One cannot make money in arcade mode, arcade cars cannot be customized, it makes no sense to have 1200 cars in the game and only 20 arcade cars. Having all cars available in arcade mode from the start would enable players to test drive any car before they buy it. Having to grind credits just to drive a few practice laps in time trial and find out I don't really like the car is very disappointing.
-make all garage/stockyard cars accessible in arcade mode. Being limited to only 100 cars in our favorites list in arcade mode is very bad game design.
This i like kudos champ

I understand your situation, but this @Chameleon9000 is right. This thread is about the features that we want to see in GT7, not the features which we are seeing in GT7 actually.

..........Dunno if it's been mentioned here before, but right now I would like a mini-game of sorts where I get to "train" my pit crew. Train them so the tyre changes are quicker, and shave vital seconds. Also, more options that would allow me to craft my own pit strategy. Oh and weather forecast system too: I wanna know the rough estimate of when that downpour might happen, so I can tailor my fuel/tyre stop to suit. Fairly simple stuff, I guess...

..........Dunno if it's been mentioned here before, but right now I would like a mini-game of sorts where I get to "train" my pit crew. Train them so the tyre changes are quicker, and shave vital seconds. Also, more options that would allow me to craft my own pit strategy. Oh and weather forecast system too: I wanna know the rough estimate of when that downpour might happen, so I can tailor my fuel/tyre stop to suit. Fairly simple stuff, I guess...

Good suggestion, and good luck getting that across to T10 :D

*pats back*

Back