Thinking of getting Forza 5...some thoughts

• Thread starter theofilosz
  • 77 comments
That's amazing! :D Honestly what Dan and T10 are doing is smart. đź‘Ť I'm very happy to hear that. I can't wait to get FM5 and FH2 in the future. :)

So far FM5 got excellent DLC support:

Tracks: Road America + Long beach
3 car packs for free (1 if you don't get the car pass)
And plenty of nice dlc car packs

What is most important is the tracks are properly integrated in the game adding carreer races. This was one of my big gripes with PD DLC policy.

I am going to buy from Europe only I think all use 220 here?
I don't know the voltage over there. That's probably right. Mine is the 110 version. Absolutely love it. Just need that 3 pedal set and shifter now.;)

So far FM5 got excellent DLC support:

Tracks: Road America + Long beach
3 car packs for free (1 if you don't get the car pass)
And plenty of nice dlc car packs

What is most important is the tracks are properly integrated in the game adding carreer races. This was one of my big gripes with PD DLC policy.
Very happy to hear that. đź‘Ť That's one healthy DLC support, and I'm glad T10 are releasing tracks and adding them in the career mode. So hyped for Monza as well, oh boy. :embarrassed: Unlike PD who completely lied about releasing DLC every month in hopes they gain sales. Their such a joke to me...

Doesn't Gt6 have a track creator?
It said it was going to have it, but it still hasn't been added to the game yet. It's been like 4 months since release, and it's no where to be seen. I feel it's never going to come because Kaz puts his fans last on his list.

I am going to buy from Europe only I think all use 220 here?
I bought mine from amazon.uk

I had to put an adapter on the plug itself, since uk plugs are different to greek ones, but other than that nothing else.
euro_uk_plug_adapter.jpg

I had to do the same with the xbone too, since it has yet to release over here...
so, you should buy two adapters if you are buying xbone+wheel from uk ;)

Yeah... Last night I almost ordered couldn't resist but than I thought to wait a few weeks, since I am also going to UK on May :D

So whatsup with all those special edition car models they 'would' release monthly?
Haha. You're going to laugh. I don't got a clue. After the Mercedes-Benz VGT, it just stops right there. It was said to be a "promise" that every VGT car will be added free every month. But nope. Even that turned out to be a "broken promise". It's a joke.

Thinking of getting Forza 5...some thoughts
If you have the financial capability, do it :D

I just lashed out on an Xbox One and Forza 5 and I'm glad I did

So much more immersive than GT6 imo

If GT7 on the PS4 has a livery editor I'll give it a try

I hopefully have a year or two to get the money

I put it on hold and spend the money I had gathered for a barbeque! The reason is that thrustmaster tx die all the time and I don't want to play without a wheel. Too bad there are no other wheels available. I will wait until autumn to see how things will turn out.

Too many horror stories to ignore!
Well it ultimately comes down to what you yourself want. If you don't want to spend the money on it right now that's your choice. Their has been a few of us on here to get them and as far as I know we all love the wheel.

I know there are many happy customers but a good % had even double failures! There were not few guys who reported that their first and second TX died in the first sessions. Since I live in Greece and I have to pay some crazy transportation costs for RMA I will wait for Autumn and hope new batches are out with their problems fixed (something they did pretty much with the T500).

It's not a problem since I don't play much in Summer since I am always near the beach! Also except the problems the prices will have taken a nice drop (as they already have).

Microsoft with their move on the wheel market I believe really shot themselves in the leg! There's so many guys who would get the xbone to use with their fanatec etc. Instead of trying to bring as many as possible people to buy their console they had too much confidence. The new CEO looks like is down to earth and has done some nice things like dropping the price a lot and making it very competitive to the PS4. Who knows what he can do :)

Back