Thionville Performance Center - May 16th: Nordschleife Clio

France
Thionville
Flying_Kefran
Thionville Performance Center

11971943676_a508ab975d.jpg

I will share in this thread some set-ups I am driving with.
Those tunes are always prepared for online mode with tyre damage and with "Real" assits parameters.
My Gran Turismo tunes were previously available on GTPlanet and on my friends Takumisensei gaming news site www.takuminosekai.com (the best french video games / tv series / movie news place ;)) but there won't be a Project Cars section there so my Pcars tunes will be GTP exclusive !

Road:

Touring:
Renault Clio Cup - Brands Hatch / Donnington / Oulton Park - V0.01
Renault Clio Cup - Nordschleife - V0.01

GT:
Ginetta G40 Junior - Donnington Park - V0.01

Prototypes:

Leave feedbacks if you test the tunes. It will help improving current and future ones !

6240895065_be04dfe3a1_n.jpg
11221262076_1824725a9f_n.jpg

15907599713_032305dc53_z.jpg

About me
6337992153_5bb1b25c13_q.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved.

The Thionville Performance Center will now provide Project cars Tunes ! I Hope you will enjoy what I work on ;)

First tune to be posted: Renault Clio Cup (May 8th - Evening)

Can't wait. Always enjoyed your tunes on GT6.

Thanks !

Unfortunately, I think that most of my tricks were Gran turismo Specific. I have to unlearn a lot of things to work on this new game. So the first tunes may have to be considered as part of the learning curve ! First tunes are here to help racers enjoy the game, not to try to provide an ultimate tune.

Anyway learning this game physics is a very interesting process :D.

Last edited:
Renault Clio Cup
"Enjoy your career start" tune

16376137916_4c42c06717.jpg

Picture from official pCars Flickr gallery

... Quick test in Time Attack leaderboards: The tune works :D
17243072818_99faae3d40_n.jpg

This is not a definitive tune but it should allow to have fun with the car and enjoy the solo mode even at 100% IA difficulty.

Renault Clio Cup - Career V0.01.jpg

Enjoy !

Last edited:
:lol:

I will try to do better for next one.
Also I am preparing a clearer template to be sure that you get all data.

It was only round Silverstone in the Clio Cup it was slower than the standard set-up after all that, I found it was quicker at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch.

If I change the setup for the Clio then it looks like it's not taken over to the SMS-R challenge, right? Do they want everyone to drive with the same setup? I wish they had a better documentation than that ****** short online pdf

If I change the setup for the Clio then it looks like it's not taken over to the SMS-R challenge, right? Do they want everyone to drive with the same setup? I wish they had a better documentation than that ****** short online pdf

You set-up each car individually as they are completely different cars. Having the same set-up in a Clio as the SMS-R would be a bit bonkers to be honest.

It was only round Silverstone in the Clio Cup it was slower than the standard set-up after all that, I found it was quicker at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch.

It seems logic considering the test tracks I used.
Project Cars will require track specific tunes much more than Gran Turismo did.

In any challenge or TT, the tune you are using is the one you saved for that car and track. At the moment, you cannot tune during the challenge or TT which sucks, but if you take the car to free practice and tune it, or load up someone else's tune and save it for that track, Formula A at Barcelona for example, that's the tune your car will have in the event. I've tried it multiple times in Time Trials and SMS-R events and it works, it just sucks that you can't tune during the event.

Pretty decent tune, oulton was a pain, kept losing heat in right rear tyre but that track hates me anyway, won the championship by 2 points, thanks bud,

Thanks @Lt_Gojira !

The Clio Tune will be available in a more readable template tonight. Unlike I was doing for Gran Turismo, I will state more clearly the tragetted tracks.

Ginetta G40 Junior will also be posted tonight (May 12th).
I am planning Roas cars for the coming days (starting with the Mercedes A45 AMG... a car I really like IRL)

I used this tune for the first round of the Clio Cup at Donington. I was faster with it than the default, so I rolled with it. It is more "free" than the default setup with better turn in. My best laps were almost exactly a second off the 1:15.963 set in the OP. Course, I'm no hot shoe.

For the Second Round at Snetterton, I had to make some adjustments. It was simply too loose in the rear to handle the approach to Nelson and Murrays. It kept wanting to swap ends on me. But, again, a good base tune to start with.

Will see about how it goes for the Third Round at Silverstone sometime this week, if I get time to play.

Thanks for the Tune. Please, keep it up.

Last edited:
Ginetta G40 Junior
Donnington Park GP tune

car_spec_G40J.jpg

Picture from www.ginetta.com

... Tune used during the race organised last week: it went well :)
The car was consistent in 1'48.xxx during race.

The new tune display template is used the first time for this tune. I think all english translations are OK. Tell me if it is not the case.
Anyway, data are sorted according to the game set-up screen so you should find easilly what goes where:

Ginetta G40 Junior - Donnington V0.01.png

Enjoy !

Personal feedback about the clio tune;

I like it and it works wonder at donington, snetterton and pretty well at silverstone too.

At brands it suffers too much when going on and off curbs at turns six and seven being too lose on the back.

Oulton is very very bad at the initial fast sweeper after turn 1... The downhill section aggravates the loose back issue a lot making that part very dangerous and hairy. - actually had to simulate the race since it was that bad lol

Besides i liked it and on tracks with no big elevation changes it is a great tune; i'm winning the championship so it certainly helps :D

Still i would suggest you to make a "B version" of it with more stability on curbs and elevation changes.

Good work in any case :)

@azidahaka
Thanks for the feedback.
I wanted to provide a first tune rapidly as a lot of persons are starting the career with the Clio Cup. But of course, this also means that this tune is nowhere near perfect.
... but I am glad if it can help !

Still i would suggest you to make a "B version" of it with more stability on curbs and elevation changes.

I think I will end with more versions than that. I guess ideally, we will need at least 3 versions for each car to cover all tracks. I need to figure a process to do that efficiently.

I registered to a multi-class race on Friday on the Nordschleiffe and I will use the Clio Cup... so I will have a dedicated tune to post in the coming days.

Ginetta G40 Junior
Donnington Park GP tune

car_spec_G40J.jpg

Picture from www.ginetta.com

... Tune used during the race organised last week: it went well :)
The car was consistent in 1'48.xxx during race.

The new tune display template is used the first time for this tune. I think all english translations are OK. Tell me if it is not the case.
Anyway, data are sorted according to the game set-up screen so you should find easilly what goes where:

View attachment 365257

Enjoy !

Great template, great tune. Thanks!

It seems logic considering the test tracks I used.
Project Cars will require track specific tunes much more than Gran Turismo did.
Are you using a wheel or a pad ? I noticed your accel LSD seamed high at 20% . Just wondering and the tune worked good

Renault Clio Cup - Nordschleife
16/05/2015 WR tune

17703708796_c211f9985d_n.jpg

Image From renault-sport.de

17727782692_1eb4d8f318_n.jpg

Not a very good time attack lap, still a lot of margin but so far that was sufficient.

Very safe and efficient tune ! Consistent in 7'51-7'55 in Multiplayer (until it rains ;))
Be careful if you bring the tune to another track, the tyres pressure is very "Nurb specific".

Renault Clio Cup - Nordschleife V0.01.png

Enjoy !

Hey TGR, just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts and sharing these tunes. Just started a career in ginetta and your tune has been awesome!! Absolutely loving the game thus far and to be honest I'm sure your tune is giving me even more enjoyment.

Keep up the good work

Back