Thionville Performance Center - May 16th: Nordschleife Clio

What do you mean by this? Do you mean when you go online and challenge other players you cant turn your car? And you only can do this in solo and career mode?

I would appreciate if those discussions could go to more dedicated topics. I would prefer comments done in this topic to remain related to the tunes I propose.

... but here is what I can tell regarding tuning preparation for events like time attack and Multiplayer.

0/ The game can save one custom tune per track per car.
So when you enter a track, the game loads the custom tune you have for this car/track combination or the default one.

1/ When you go to the garage screen and modify a tune, you can choose to save it for all tracks or only some of them.

2/ When you modify a tune when driving a track in Multilayer, carreer or free run and push the "SAVE" button it does two things:
- It is saved as your custom tune but only for this track (and only for this layout variation)
- It becomes your active tune, meaning that it will remain laoded on your car if you enter another track for which you have no custom tune.

3/
- In multiplayer, you can access the car tuning screen. Normally, the game loads the tune that has been saved for this track (or the default one if you have not prepared any tune).
- In Time attack, when you select this mode you go directly on track without any possibility to access the tuning screen BUT the game will laod the tune you saved for this track if you saved one. So you drive with your custom tune but you need to exit the mode and go back to garage to modify it.
- For Challenges, I think it is the same but I have not tested.

Thanks to do not continue this discussion here.

Last edited:
I took a quick look at a couple of the tunes posted. I see the brake pressure is a bit low 75% on one of them. Using my rig that is to low. I use 100% on the Clio and would use 110% if it were available ;)

At 75 stopping or even rapid slowing would be a challenge.

I took a quick look at a couple of the tunes posted. I see the brake pressure is a bit low 75% on one of them. Using my rig that is to low. I use 100% on the Clio and would use 110% if it were available ;)

At 75 stopping or even rapid slowing would be a challenge.

100% brake pressure without ABS can be quite a challenge for a lot of drivers.
I prefer to propose values that will allow more easilly everybody to do not block anything (and still break efficiently). Of course feel free to increase those values if it suits you better.

Yeah I use the Club sport pedals which have a load cell on the brake and I have them cranked up to require quite a lot of of pressure to get the pedal to be over 75%.

Of course I realize that the proposed setting would be better for people who use a controller or a cheap set of pedals. I also realize that I would simply set that to 100% if I were to try the tune for myself.

You mention it would be hard to drive without ABS at 100% but doesn't that car have ABS when set to real? Most cars do. I don't know for sure myself because I have ABS turned off.

I think both Clio and Ginetta have no ABS when driven with "Real" settings.
42L Fuel load seems a bit excessive if youre going for one lap on the Nordschleiffe. Or do you expect everyone to calculate for themselves and how many laps theyre doing?

42L Fuel load seems a bit excessive if youre going for one lap on the Nordschleiffe. Or do you expect everyone to calculate for themselves and how many laps theyre doing?

- For the qualifiers I wrote 24 l.
One lap is a bit less than 8 l. Theorically and to be realistic, you need 1 exit lap, 1 fast lap and 1 lap to go back to pits:
3*8 = 24 :)
Of course, you can pause then go to pits via the menu so you could put only 16 l.

- For the race, except if it is less than 5 laps, I would suggest to start with a full tank.

Last edited:
- For the qualifiers I wrote 24 l.
One lap is a bit less than 8 l. Theorically and to be realistic, you need 1 exit lap, 1 fast lap and 1 lap to go back to pits:
3*8 = 24 :)
Of course, you can pause then go to pits via the menu so you could put only 16 l.

- For the race, except if is is lessthan 5 laps, I would suggest to start with a full tank.
Ok, thanks! :)

Back