This Ain't No One Trick Pony: 2019 Hyundai Veloster N Review

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

im_seb30 and TTM like this.
  2. TTM

TTM

This is one sick ride.
    Maybe I should get on in the future?
    Korea’s been making a huge splash in the automotive scene. It’s good ‘cause Korea is one of my favourite countries too.
    Not that expensive too!

im_seb30 likes this.
  3. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

At $30,000 it seemed expensive, but then I remember Ford wants over $40,000 for a Focus and Honda wants $35,000 for a Type R. Comparatively, this is a steal if you want a hot hatch - even if it has less power then the other two. It's even slightly cheaper than the GTI and it looks way less mundane.

4. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

Oh, man. I'm tempted to consider one of these for my next car.

5. TTM

TTM

Yeah, reading all the reviews. Everyone seems to love it. Moreso than some offers like the Gti and golf r even
    Very good efforts!

im_seb30 likes this.
  6. kikie

kikie Premium

I was curious about that and now I have my answer.

Does this mean that the Veloster N is not coming to Europe?

:bowdown: :cheers: :tup:

No word about the strange door layout? One door on one side and two doors on the other side, depending on RHD or LHD.

TTM likes this.
  7. TTM

TTM

The Veloster I reckon should be coming to Europe considering the regular Veloster is sold there.
    I think that quote is to reference the N brand of Hyundai making it’s first appearance in America. Also referencing the i30 isn’t sold across the pond.

8. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

It is not. Europe got the first generation, but the second sticks Asia and the Americas.

To be fair, I believe it’s more or less the same audio system as the Turbo, so a perfectly good modern one. I just wasn’t very interested in that aspect of the car, as you can imagine. :D

Ah, apologies: I take that door layout for granted now, especially after reviewing the Turbo. I figure most people know about its oddity, but I’ll wedge a brief mention in there once I’m home. :tup:

9. TTM

TTM

Darn, I’m wrong.
    Sorry haha