This Ain't No One Trick Pony: 2019 Hyundai Veloster N Review

This is one sick ride.
Maybe I should get on in the future?
Korea’s been making a huge splash in the automotive scene. It’s good ‘cause Korea is one of my favourite countries too.
Not that expensive too!

At $30,000 it seemed expensive, but then I remember Ford wants over $40,000 for a Focus and Honda wants $35,000 for a Type R. Comparatively, this is a steal if you want a hot hatch - even if it has less power then the other two. It's even slightly cheaper than the GTI and it looks way less mundane.

Yeah, reading all the reviews. Everyone seems to love it. Moreso than some offers like the Gti and golf r even
Very good efforts!

To my eyes, it’s also better than its Euro sibling the i30N.
I was curious about that and now I have my answer.

Does this mean that the Veloster N is not coming to Europe?

I pretty much forgot about music once I was in the car.
:bowdown: :cheers: 👍

No word about the strange door layout? One door on one side and two doors on the other side, depending on RHD or LHD.

The Veloster I reckon should be coming to Europe considering the regular Veloster is sold there.
I think that quote is to reference the N brand of Hyundai making it’s first appearance in America. Also referencing the i30 isn’t sold across the pond.

It is not. Europe got the first generation, but the second sticks Asia and the Americas.

:bowdown: :cheers: 👍

No word about the strange door layout? One door on one side and two doors on the other side, depending on RHD or LHD.

To be fair, I believe it’s more or less the same audio system as the Turbo, so a perfectly good modern one. I just wasn’t very interested in that aspect of the car, as you can imagine. :D

Ah, apologies: I take that door layout for granted now, especially after reviewing the Turbo. I figure most people know about its oddity, but I’ll wedge a brief mention in there once I’m home. 👍

Back