This company still doesn't get it...

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 70 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
They have released a new update which yes I am mostly satisfied with allot of the changes but seriously I don't understand a few of the choices they have made aswell.
Like endurance races are missions and not world circuits so they have 0 replay-ability. After completing it there is no reason to do it again because it only rewards you once. How stupid. Also 1 of these races have 1 car able to qualify and another has Roadster touring cars that you need to pay for in order to enter the race? If its a mission they could have just provided the car for you as you probably won't use it outside of this event. So now a chunk of the reward which you only get once is going on a car for that event. Like the Mono 16 costs 240k which is around 20% of the reward money if you come 1st.
They increase race rewards for a large amount of events which is good to see. But so many races were left untouched and now have less of a reason to play them they you did before. This includes some of the events they originally lowered. Like special stage route X is 15k which was bad before but now its basically pointless. I am guessing its cos its an easy event but there is just as easy events that offer more money and take way less time. Like the F150 oval event is 45k and can be completed in around the same time.

Its an improvement but in my eyes its still not good enough. It really isn't because I know that it could be better. Missions should still pay out after completing them, even if its less then the 1st time. This would actual make you want to repeat them rather than becoming dead content. Especially when a massive amount of their focus clearly goes on these missions. Arguably more than anything else in the game. Surely 1 of the main priorities in game development is replayability so it baffles me why they are making endurance races have little to no reason to replay them?

I am quite sure they mentioned they were going to add something like Forza rivals which I can't wait to see. I hope they add drift rivals cos they promised us that drifting was gonna be more of a main feature which still it clearly isn't. We got like 4 drift missions. I just hope it doesn't take them a year to add it.

Does this update make the game worth the £70 asking price. No, I still think the game overall isn't worth the money. It needs so much more work done. The variety of content still isn't there. They added no cars so its still all 5 year old cars (This is understandable as content should be the main focus right now). I think its gonna be at least another year before this game becomes a half decent title.

Flame me all you want. This is just my opinion and we all have our own opinions.

I agree 100% with the endurance race part. We need more endurance races in the World Circuits so we are able to play them over and over and receive rewards each and every time. Those new one-hour endurance missions are fun, but you only get the rewards once, which is a slight letdown.

They will be adding more events in future updates. Hopefully, that means more endurance races in the World Circuits that actually have replay value.

Last edited:
They have released a new update which yes I am mostly satisfied with allot of the changes but seriously I don't understand a few of the choices they have made aswell.
Like endurance races are missions and not world circuits so they have 0 replay-ability. After completing it there is no reason to do it again because it only rewards you once. How stupid. Also 1 of these races have 1 car able to qualify and another has Roadster touring cars that you need to pay for in order to enter the race? If its a mission they could have just provided the car for you as you probably won't use it outside of this event. So now a chunk of the reward which you only get once is going on a car for that event. Like the Mono 16 costs 240k which is around 20% of the reward money if you come 1st.
They increase race rewards for a large amount of events which is good to see. But so many races were left untouched and now have less of a reason to play them they you did before. This includes some of the events they originally lowered. Like special stage route X is 15k which was bad before but now its basically pointless. I am guessing its cos its an easy event but there is just as easy events that offer more money and take way less time. Like the F150 oval event is 45k and can be completed in around the same time.

Its an improvement but in my eyes its still not good enough. It really isn't because I know that it could be better. Missions should still pay out after completing them, even if its less then the 1st time. This would actual make you want to repeat them rather than becoming dead content. Especially when a massive amount of their focus clearly goes on these missions. Arguably more than anything else in the game. Surely 1 of the main priorities in game development is replayability so it baffles me why they are making endurance races have little to no reason to replay them?

I am quite sure they mentioned they were going to add something like Forza rivals which I can't wait to see. I hope they add drift rivals cos they promised us that drifting was gonna be more of a main feature which still it clearly isn't. We got like 4 drift missions. I just hope it doesn't take them a year to add it.

Does this update make the game worth the £70 asking price. No, I still think the game overall isn't worth the money. It needs so much more work done. The variety of content still isn't there. They added no cars so its still all 5 year old cars (This is understandable as content should be the main focus right now). I think its gonna be at least another year before this game becomes a half decent title.

Flame me all you want. This is just my opinion and we all have our own opinions.
The game was worth the asking price just for the original content that was included and it was in line with other games for the money vs playtime ratio.

Is the value comparable to 12 year old GT games, not necessarily but that was 2 generations ago.

The game was worth the asking price just for the original content that was included and it was in line with other games for the money vs playtime ratio.
How many times are you gonna parrot this argument when Polyphony literally held back the remaining menus that would actually make the game feel like it had a significant end game? This game launched with nothing, and now they are trying to pull the same stunt that they did with Sport because Polyphony believes that is the easiest way to get goodwill...even after they've gone completely mask off in their way of developing games to nickel and dime players.

Is the value comparable to 12 year old GT games, not necessarily but that was 2 generations ago.
When we're talking about the absolute zenith for the series, and indeed, the game that Polyphony seems intent on building their games around for the remainder for time, absolutely there's comparisons to be made.

I am guessing that after the 1.08 fracas they recognised they had badly misjudged the in-game economy. So they wanted to give a one time boost to player credits. They implemented that through two routes: circuit experience and the new missions. They did not want to completely flood players with credits, so they did only boost the repeatable races by a limited amount. They will however add to that through new races and championships later.

Plus they limited the amount of prize money you can earn in custom races. I saw Super GT on Youtube talk about it.

How many times are you gonna parrot this argument when Polyphony literally held back the remaining menus that would actually make the game feel like it had a significant end game? This game launched with nothing, and now they are trying to pull the same stunt that they did with Sport because Polyphony believes that is the easiest way to get goodwill...even after they've gone completely mask off in their way of developing games to nickel and dime players.

When we're talking about the absolute zenith for the series, and indeed, the game that Polyphony seems intent on building their games around for the remainder for time, absolutely there's comparisons to be made.
Parrot? It's my opinion, don't like it ignore me or accept it.

I have never played a better Gran Turismo game. If you you think the older games are better because more cars and easy credits, cool. Those games doesn't hold a candle to the experience it is driving the "few" cars around the "few" tracks in GT7.

Plus they limited the amount of prize money you can earn in custom races. I saw Super GT on Youtube talk about it.
Yes, when you hit a certain length/time pr race the Payout doesn't follow in a linear fashion, maybe @Sven Jurgens has the exact numbers.

Last edited:
I guess PD wants to make it harder this time for us to grind and earn credits at a quick rate. See credits will have to be used to tune your car or change oil, etc.

The game was worth the asking price just for the original content
I’ve been getting this (somewhat unsettling) vibe too: GT7 in its current state is already worth hundreds of dollars imo. It’s worth owning a PS5 just to play this game. There are games I’ve payed $60 for that I spent less than 10 hours with. I’ve already dumped 80 hours into GT7 and it just came out. This game will be installed on my PS5 until my PS5 dies. “Value” is not even a question on the table in my mind.

Parrot? It's my opinion, don't like it ignore me or accept it.

I have never played a better Gran Turismo game. If you you think the older games are better because more cars and easy credits, cool. Those games doesn't hold a candle to the experience it is driving the "few" cars around the "few" tracks in GT7.

Yes, when you hit a certain length/time pr race the Payout doesn't follow in a linear fashion, maybe @Sven Jurgens has the exact numbers.
What content do you think is worth it?
(I'm not having a go, just curious to see other people's opinions)

My opinion (which seems to be with the majority of players) - is that this game was released incomplete and with several major flaws.

GT7 has all the bones to be the best GT in the series but so far is lacking in too many areas. The game was sold to everyone as the most complete GT yet, a return to its former glory. It genuinely felt like that when I started playing, I enjoyed plodding my through the Cafe, doing mission races when I liked it and smashing out golds on all the licence tests. It felt like a true GT game.

The Cafe menu setup was not my favourite, it feels like a long drawn on tutorial mode but I enjoyed it none the less. As soon as you run our of cafe menu's, the game just essentially ends. I had gold on all the missions and all the licences and then there was nothing left to play. The only thing left to do in this game was to buy / collect all the cars. There was very limited options to race and even less options when it came to optimising my time to get the most credits available (grind).

This is where the game feels the most incomplete. In previous full release GT's, you have a plethora of races and series to complete that literally takes hundreds of hours to complete but this game can be done within 30-40hours total and I have seen speedrunners completing the cafe menu's in under 3 hours. I replay some races and start to realise that it wasn't fun and the key reason to this is the AI. The AI is so bad that PD made a vast majority of the races "chase the rabbit" style races. There is actually very little "Racing" in GT7 and they have opted to go down the route of starting 40 seconds behind 1st, put you in a much faster car and then you breeze past them.

I thought I would try out Sport mode. I always liked sport mode in GT Sport, with the exception of the horrid penalty system anyway. This mode was full of people exploiting the still horrid penalty system. To enjoy racing along side with others, I had to either join people exploiting this system or be happy falling back in the grid. No fun. Also not worth my time when gaining credits.

I went to play some online races with some mates... But the lobby is missing so many features from previous GT games and... well, its broken. You cant change the settings and you have to disband and completely remake the lobby to change any settings. The game doesn't even remember your previous lobby settings and has no option to save a variety of your favourite lobby setups. I'm not playing online until these issues are fixed as its a frustrating mess and a waste of time.

PD recently updated the game and have put in 8 new mission races to help satisfy and fix the economy problem and the lack of content problem. It does a small amount to fix the issue but its lazy. 8 hours of content added in the form of races that people will only want to do once as there is no reason to do them again. They added a few new races to world circuits that look good to grind but it doesn't go far enough in fixing the real issues - lack of content.

If PD released an update with the GT5/GT6 series then we would be onto a winner. Bring back the beginner, intermediate, pro and endurance leagues and most would be happy. These need to be mostly Grid Starts with fairly equal cars. They need to be curated with increasing rewards as you go up the ladder. This is what I expected to be unlocked once I completed the cafe tutorial mode but there was nothing. Such a disappointment.

PD look to be drip feeding the content in this game and I would happy for them to do this IF they released the game complete to begin with. But its not, its a drawn out tutorial with a broken economy and broken online modes.
This games current state makes it worth 1/3 of of current selling price at the most.
Personally I believe that this game is currently infinitely overpriced as it's glaringly obvious that the economy was built like a free to play game and its an insult to players and fans of this game to charge them even a cent for its current layout.

Last edited:

My opinion (which seems to be with the majority of players) - is that this game was released incomplete and with several major flaws.

GT7 has all the bones to be the best GT in the series but so far is lacking in too many areas. The game was sold to everyone as the most complete GT yet, a return to its former glory. It genuinely felt like that when I started playing, I enjoyed plodding my through the Cafe, doing mission races when I liked it and smashing out golds on all the licence tests. It felt like a true GT game.

The Cafe menu setup was not my favourite, it feels like a long drawn on tutorial mode but I enjoyed it none the less. As soon as you run our of cafe menu's, the game just essentially ends. I had gold on all the missions and all the licences and then there was nothing left to play. The only thing left to do in this game was to buy / collect all the cars. There was very limited options to race and even less options when it came to optimising my time to get the most credits available (grind).

This is where the game feels the most incomplete. In previous full release GT's, you have a plethora of races and series to complete that literally takes hundreds of hours to complete but this game can be done within 30-40hours total and I have seen speedrunners completing the cafe menu's in under 3 hours. I replay some races and start to realise that it wasn't fun and the key reason to this is the AI. The AI is so bad that PD made a vast majority of the races "chase the rabbit" style races. There is actually very little "Racing" in GT7 and they have opted to go down the route of starting 40 seconds behind 1st, put you in a much faster car and then you breeze past them.

I thought I would try out Sport mode. I always liked sport mode in GT Sport, with the exception of the horrid penalty system anyway. This mode was full of people exploiting the still horrid penalty system. To enjoy racing along side with others, I had to either join people exploiting this system or be happy falling back in the grid. No fun. Also not worth my time when gaining credits.

I went to play some online races with some mates... But the lobby is missing so many features from previous GT games and... well, its broken. You cant change the settings and you have to disband and completely remake the lobby to change any settings. The game doesn't even remember your previous lobby settings and has no option to save a variety of your favourite lobby setups. I'm not playing online until these issues are fixed as its a frustrating mess and a waste of time.

PD recently updated the game and have put in 8 new mission races to help satisfy and fix the economy problem and the lack of content problem. It does a small amount to fix the issue but its lazy. 8 hours of content added in the form of races that people will only want to do once as there is no reason to do them again. They added a few new races to world circuits that look good to grind but it doesn't go far enough in fixing the real issues - lack of content.

If PD released an update with the GT5/GT6 series then we would be onto a winner. Bring back the beginner, intermediate, pro and endurance leagues and most would be happy. These need to be mostly Grid Starts with fairly equal cars. They need to be curated with increasing rewards as you go up the ladder. This is what I expected to be unlocked once I completed the cafe tutorial mode but there was nothing. Such a disappointment.

PD look to be drip feeding the content in this game and I would happy for them to do this IF they released the game complete to begin with. But its not, its a drawn out tutorial with a broken economy and broken online modes.
This games current state makes it worth 1/3 of of current selling price at the most.
Personally I believe that this game is currently infinitely overpriced as it's glaringly obvious that the economy was built like a free to play game and its an insult to players and fans of this game to charge them even a cent for its current layout.
Looks like I don't need to answer because this just about sums everything up. The game is well incomplete and everything that was promised upon wasn't delivered. We were promised a massive single player focused experience. What we got instead was a bunch of menu books which I actually thought was an introduction but after you complete the tutorial books, licenses and missions it feels like nothing is left. You got a few random races but they feel like side missions and you aren't working towards anything by completing them. They are also laid out like crap and its annoying to look through them to find an event you wanna play. It would be good along side a main career mode but as the only source of events in the game then its annoying.
What this game needs is a race tour expansion like you said in the same way as GT5/6 or even the same as GT Sports single player. Add it to the main map. Have different category's and you unlock more races and category's as you complete them so you get the feeling of achievement after completing a race.

Last edited:

Every last bit of content that is included is worth it thanks to the impressive driving "sensation" it's just much more fun to drive the cars around on the tracks than in any other GT game. Is the game perfect, not by miles, we need more events, the roulette needs to go, custom races needs higher payouts, sport mode the same etc etc, but i guess i am among the lucky bunch that can have fun driving cars around tracks without focusing on the negatives. I have patience and i am looking forward to the next years with the constant "drip feeding" keeping this game alove way past many other games life expectancy.

And i am far from done with the original content!

I’ve been getting this (somewhat unsettling) vibe too: GT7 in its current state is already worth hundreds of dollars imo. It’s worth owning a PS5 just to play this game. There are games I’ve payed $60 for that I spent less than 10 hours with. I’ve already dumped 80 hours into GT7 and it just came out. This game will be installed on my PS5 until my PS5 dies. “Value” is not even a question on the table in my mind.

I have played GT7 more than any other games since it was released, i would need to go back to school and be single again if wanted to spend more time on the game :)

Last edited:
Given that "other games" includes FH5 and FM7, just no. You might that it was worth the asking price and that's your personal valuation, but it is not in line with other similar games for money vs. playtime. It's very short before you're repeating content or making it yourself.
So we should expect games to get worse as time goes on? Can't wait for GT8!

Every last bit of content that is included is worth it thanks to the impressive driving "sensation" it's just much more fun to drive the cars around on the tracks than in any other GT game. Is the game perfect, not by miles, we need more events, the roulette needs to go, custom races needs higher payouts, sport mode the same etc etc, but i guess i am among the lucky bunch that can have fun driving cars around tracks without focusing on the negatives. I have patience and i am looking forward to the next years with the constant "drip feeding" keeping this game alove way past many other games life expectancy.

And i am far from done with the original content!

I have played GT7 more than any other games since it was released, i would need to go back to school and be single again if wanted to spend more time on the game :)
What sensation you mean.

Seriously its same old bland GT its always been, execpt the tons of content that made it all worth it before.

Same old bland chasing the rabbit rubber banding foolishness, plus the ever so awefull makes no sense ai. I guess bordom and annoyence is an impressive sensation.

Are you playing everyday?

Are you posting you whining about it on here everyday?

Do yourself, and us lot, a favour. Stop playing the game and stop posting your whining online then if you don't think its worth it.

Oh that's right, YOU ARE PLAYING EVERYDAY AND YOU ARE WHINING ABOUT IT EVERYDAY ONLINE. Bit odd, no?

Like endurance races are missions and not world circuits so they have 0 replay-ability.

If they were wold circuit based
If you get 1.2 million for the MX-5 Endurance, done a clean race.
That is 1.8million.

Do it again and since the race settings will be the same, you know when the pit for inters, wets, what fuel maps to use to make the next win easy.
Race weather settings, are different each time you load the session.

How can Sony get Microtransaction money if you can do this?

Last edited:

Do yourself, and us lot, a favour. Stop playing the game and stop posting your whining online then if you don't think its worth it.

Oh that's right, YOU ARE PLAYING EVERYDAY AND YOU ARE WHINING ABOUT IT EVERYDAY ONLINE. Bit odd, no?
It's almost like people can still enjoy something whilst also have issues with it. Wild concept, I know.

New LeMans race can give 825k in 30min, it's a fun race, not this hard but competitive, and you can repeat it any time you want...
I mean PoDy ****ed up the economy but I think they listened, rewards for Circuit Experience for exemple are huge...
You are right on the fact we need Endurance race, but they said they are going to add them...
I seriously think the game doesn't deserve the bashing they are receiving, it's a very good base.
Concerning the cars, they also said some will be added before the end of the month (as well as tracks/layouts).
We need more race but they will add them
Don't forget the game is still only a Month old
So to me, this game worth the 70 euros (much more than Fifa 22 for exemple)

Last edited:
What sensation you mean.

Seriously its same old bland GT its always been, execpt the tons of content that made it all worth it before.

Same old bland chasing the rabbit rubber banding foolishness, plus the ever so awefull makes no sense ai. I guess bordom and annoyence is an impressive sensation.
Since you are serious, why are you complaining about lack of content when you consider the base game bland and boring. You enjoy playing something you seriously doesnt consider fun?

Slightly confused Pikachu

So you want to qualify first and have the most boring race in all of existence?
How about qualifying in an appropriate position and then having AI that will challenge you? Just because one area of the game is poor doesn't mean that you have to drag down other areas of the game to compensate for it.

Polyphony could, and I know this is a radical thought, just make a better game. One where you could qualify AND have an exciting race. One where driving through most of the career isn't trivial for all but the most incompetent of players. It seems impossible, but other games seem to have pulled it off so I'm pretty sure Sony's prize first party racing game studio will be able to cobble something together.

And you're playing every day and whining about people whining everyday online. Bit odd, no? Do yourself and us lot a favour and stop posting and go back to just playing the game if you think there's nothing worth talking about.
I seriously think the game doesn't deserve the bashing they are receiving, it's a very good base.
Don't forget the game is still only a Month old
It is a good base, it's just a shame that they've done so little with such a promising foundation. They had all the ingredients there to make probably the best racing game there has ever been, and as it stands right now it's kind of okay. It has no standout features other than being really very pretty.

As far as it being only a month old, that's just making excuses for the fact that it feels incomplete as released. There should be no need to appeal to the age of a game to explain away it's faults - games should contain an appropriate amount of content and gameplay when they release.

Early Access is the exception, and this is not Early Access. It's supposed to be a full priced Gran Turismo experience and they got the driving and the graphics right, but they forgot about the expansive single player experience.

And you're playing every day and whining about people whining everyday online. Bit odd, no? Do yourself and us lot a favour and stop posting and go back to just playing the game if you think there's nothing worth talking about.

How about qualifying in an appropriate position and then having AI that will challenge you? Just because one area of the game is poor doesn't mean that you have to drag down other areas of the game to compensate for it.

Polyphony could, and I know this is a radical thought, just make a better game. One where you could qualify AND have an exciting race. One where driving through most of the career isn't trivial for all but the most incompetent of players.
Well, what we have is what we have...mediocre AI, and adjusted for the races to allow winning when starting from the back.

If they were wold circuit based
If you get 1.2 million for the MX-5 Endurance, done a clean race.
That is 1.8million.

Do it again and since the race settings will be the same, you know when the pit for inters, wets, what fuel maps to use to make the next win easy.
Race weather settings, are different each time you load the session.

How can Sony get Microtransaction money if you can do this?
Well its simple really. After you have received the reward once, lower it the second time and have it stay like that. The same thing they done with the menu book races.
Also Micro-transactions shouldn't ever effect the gameplay experience in a game that costs £70. That is terrible game development and extremely deterring. Or at least to me it is. I avoid games that have annoying micro-transactions cos games that do that don't care about their players and it really shows in the quality of the game. Take GT7 for example. Hardly any content, unfinished product and asks for money round every corner.
Then games without micro-transactions always ten to have care and attention to detail. Not in every single case but allot of the time that does seem to be the way.
GT7 isn't terrible but at the moment but each time I play I load it up its not long till i'm bored.

Last edited:
Well, what we have is what we have...mediocre AI, and adjusted for the races to allow winning when starting from the back.
Right. It used to be that we were stuck with qualifying and mediocre AI, and at least we could try and engineer yourself an interesting race by trying to match your speed with the AI. Then you'd be doing roughly the same lap times and maybe there could be a race in it. In GT4 there was even explicit support for downtuning like this in the form of A-Spec points. It seems like that was an improvement over starting at the back and needing to be multiple seconds a lap faster than the other cars simply to catch the leader before the end of the race.

Nowadays you don't even get qualifying and there's three times as many AI to overtake. Better AI would be nice, but if they're not going to do that then they could at least allow us the freedom to battle with even machinery if we wanted and maybe have a hope of winning. Polyphony doesn't get that they've gone backwards from a race format that really wasn't that amazing to begin with.

Back