This Destroys Anything PopularMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 8 comments
  • 1,017 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
Fact.





Just get to the solos, the guitar will probably put some people off, but the sax solo is the truth.



If you don't know, you don't know.

Just start from here.



 
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you guys are also familiar with trippy and black ambient music and drone music.
 
I'm a composer involved in the contemporary art music scene (chamber, orchestral, electronic), I'm quite familiar with noise music. :)
Right on!

Most of the time, responses are along the lines of, "Einstur... who?" ;D
 
The genre is called Noise, in the vein of Throbbing Gristle, Haus Arafna, or Merzbow.)

I've only heard some stuff by Merzbow, but i'm not really a fan of Noise music. I sometimes listen to Dark Ambient tracks by the likes of Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin.
 
I could listen to hours of Metheny. Pop is not only garbage though, well for the most part it may be, but you get your occassional gem. Like for instance, it came to my mind, Sadness Part 1 with the nice chants and that tasteful shakuchachi sampled melody with the "whipping" at the end. Fabulous.
 
I sometimes listen to Dark Ambient tracks by the likes of Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin.
Aphex Twin's music is BRILLIANT. :)

Aphex Twin's music videos make me EXCEEDINGLY glad I don't do drugs. :D
 
Aphex Twin's music is BRILLIANT. :)

Aphex Twin's music videos make me EXCEEDINGLY glad I don't do drugs. :D

Yeah, i've been listening to his music for a couple of years now and it definitely makes for great listening 👍

Those Chris Cunningham videos are weird to say the least. I can't imagine what i'd make of them if I was high on something though :crazy:
 
Back