This game had so many awesome cars that we'll never see again

I miss all the Mustangs in GT2. As a huge Mustang fan and owner it was cool to have them in the game as a car I own its a huge hole in the car lineup since Mustangs are a HUGE part of car enthusist culture in the US.

What? No Mustangs in GT3-5? At least we should get Boss/Laguna Seca, GT500. And aren't there Mustangs being run in American Lemans or something to get a race car Mustang model from?

What? No Mustangs in GT3-5? At least we should get Boss/Laguna Seca, GT500. And aren't there Mustangs being run in American Lemans or something to get a race car Mustang model from?

Just the '00 Cobra R and the later games the '05 or '07 Mustang GT with the Japanese market price of $50k! Oh and a '71 Mach1 and '65 GT350.
No Fox Body mustangs no '95 CobraRs no '03/'04 Cobra no '07+ GT500s GRRRRRRRRR but tons of GTRs.

There is the the FR500 series of cars which race in GT3 and GT4 and Now the BOSS 302R race cars for the '12 '13 Model years

Hey, what about the Nissan Dragster that was in GT2? Doesn't that car deserve a bit of mentioning?

I wasted far too much of my time on those two cars, in a bid make them turn at any track. Then again, drag racing played no real role in GT2 other than to vaporize one's entire garage.

I wasted far too much of my time on those two cars, in a bid make them turn at any track. Then again, drag racing played no real role in GT2 other than to vaporize one's entire garage.

Yeah, but here's the thing. I've seen a lot of drag lobbies here lately and me being a dragster every once in a while, I believe that including the drag cars that were on GT2 (and maybe a couple more), we'll be able to drag race more, not only with the cars that we built and tuned, but also with actual drag cars.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I agree, but I do think that it wouldn't hurt to reintroduce them.

-> To celebrate the return of Lister in real life, we need the Storm road car back...

1347543159.jpg

:(

Hey, what about the Nissan Dragster that was in GT2? Doesn't that car deserve a bit of mentioning?
Yeah, but here's the thing. I've seen a lot of drag lobbies here lately and me being a dragster every once in a while, I believe that including the drag cars that were on GT2 (and maybe a couple more), we'll be able to drag race more, not only with the cars that we built and tuned, but also with actual drag cars.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I agree, but I do think that it wouldn't hurt to reintroduce them.
You mean the HKS Drag 180SX and the HKS R33 Drag GT-R? Yeah, those two would've made for some great battles on either SSR7 and SSRX.

The first car that come to my mind is the Tom's Angel T01. Great fun to drive, and it's one of the reasons I still play GT2 every once in a while.

524.jpg

As far as I know, it has never made an appearance in any other game.

The first car that come to my mind is the Tom's Angel T01. Great fun to drive, and it's one of the reasons I still play GT2 every once in a while.

That was spectacular. Recently I played Gt2 from scratch on an emulator with a friend: that was a car! I don't remember where you could win it but it wasn't too far in the game; with something like 155HP and 700kg and an MR layout, it was a sort of Japanese Elise, but better handling and with far superior power per weight...

I really miss many of the 'everyday' cars that they included such as the Ford Cougar and Mondeo, Dodge Intrepid, Avenger, and Neon, and some of the more obscure supercars such as the Venturi's, Vector's, and Lister's.

I miss them too. Very badly miss them. That made Gran Turismo so special (and their's Racing Modifications).
I drive a '97 Mondeo in real life though.
As in my avatar.

Old posts, but I just want to express my thoughts. ;)
Most of those problems are in GT5, and they are exponentially worse.

For example, GT2 has several yearly variations of some Japanese cars. GT5 has a similar problem, but PD took those cars and gave them three different names. For example, you have a '91 MX-5 Miata, a '91 MX-5 and a '91 Eunos Roadster. This means that there are well over a hundred cars in GT5 that are copies of another car in the game, even though there were unique cars in GT3 and GT4 that didn't return to GT5.
Indeed, I was going through adding every car in the game and there were ridiculous amounts of the same Miata's with slightly different names like you mentioned, it's painstaking to have to read through them all too. :ouch:
The Ford Focus Rally Car that was blue. In GT3 and GT4, you can only get the white version I think...
Yea in GT3, 4, and 5, they don't even have the blue one, just that crappy white one that looks like a blank coloring book. :mad: I don't understand why they can't bring it back.
Oh. For some reason I forgot about this. The 1998 Viper GTS-R Team Oreca version. That was a beautiful livery.
Yes! We need this one back!

Anyway, Ford GT 90 anybody? :sly:

You'd think with such PD having a strong link with Nissan that the GTi-R would have returned at some stage. A few other cars that slipped my mind until playing again recently would have been awesome had they returned:

1996 Toyota Corona EXiV 200GT. Always liked the way it drove, since it was basically just a 4-door Celica. Race mod was cool too!
wallpapers_toyota_corona_exiv_1995_1.jpg

1989 Nissan March (Micra) Super Turbo. With some cars already having the option to turbo and supercharge the same engine in GT5, who knows what power levels this could reach considering the car was twin-charged from the factory.
marchst01.jpg

1993 Mazda Familia (323) GT-R; rival to the GTi-R.
GTRwhite_0.JPG

1992 Toyota Mark II Tourer V. Big 1JZ drift pig would be awesome to see again.
markii-jzx90.jpg

Those cars are the EXACT types of cars that i miss so much in newer GTs!

Now there are just Pagani and Lambo and Ferrari (but porsche nowhere).
They are good too,
but they dont have the Gran Turismo feeling (whats worse i have a NFS feeling when i have to take them out in GT5 for online competition)

In premium and with Racing Modifications i would buy Gran Turismo 6 just for them (and their relative cars too).

Especially the Corona EXiV is very nice.

Late 80s / Early 90s cars on GT2... how I miss 'em.

Unfortunately, since many of these weren't even re-done for GT3 / 4, the chances of seeing them on new GT titles are, well... almost null.

Just the '00 Cobra R and the later games the '05 or '07 Mustang GT with the Japanese market price of $50k! Oh and a '71 Mach1 and '65 GT350.
No Fox Body mustangs no '95 CobraRs no '03/'04 Cobra no '07+ GT500s GRRRRRRRRR but tons of GTRs.

There is the the FR500 series of cars which race in GT3 and GT4 and Now the BOSS 302R race cars for the '12 '13 Model years
I agree, its not right. I wish we had some more, I would LOVE a 95 5.0 or a 1967-1968 Ford Mustang GT-390 or GT500, and more options for customization which make them look sick, like Rear window louvers or MMD side louvers and cowl hoods too. I'd be ONE happy camper! And a Roush spoiler wouldn't hurt either ;)

Those cars are the EXACT types of cars that i miss so much in newer GTs!

Especially the Corona EXiV is very nice.

What I was thinking. And though I was playing GT2 long before I became a fan of Initial D... a big part of why I became a fan of that anime was because I recognized all the cars from GT2. I must admit GT2 made me a little skeptical of Takumi's Panda Trueno's potential... But looking backwards, Initial D actually explains a lot of what I loved about GT2. You got so many real, everyday cars, that playing through the simulation almost had a roleplay feel to it, starting with something cheap, gradually modifying it to be great, and last of all race mod for some big races. The Silvia K's 2000, FC Infini III RX-7, and a few others obviously had the ability to beat at least 75% of the game themselves. But other cars were just as jun to start with, even if you struggled more and couldn't get as far. Man that March Super Turbo is fun but anemic at high tuning states. The Corona Exiv isn't the most competitive sedan, but it's low and light and great to handle, and easily gets going fast enough to win some serious races. And looks great in Race trim for the Touring Car Championship, etc.

Honestly, throughout my GT2 playing career, I've given these little, forgotten cars far more attention than I gave any of the GT-R race cars, Lemans cars, etc. Anything superpowered to begin with was much less interesting. (Though I did have great fun with a few of them, most memorable for me the MR del Sol, man that thing is fun! Super fast and super sticky!)

What an... interesting car. ...and very intense to drive in GT2!
I still can't get over the fact how bad the Ford GT90 drove in GT2. There weren't enough words that could express my dissapointment. To even think I actually ran the Seattle Endurance race eleven times to get that piece of garbage. Urgh.

did you try to put more grippy tyres to the rear (i drove him 10 years ago and slightly remember he was like Stratos, but much much more tail happy)

Oh wow this thread (and forum, where I started off here way back in 2003 - nice to see Parnelli Bone and Pupik still post here too) has brought back so many memories.

I always maintain that GT2 had the best gameplay out of all the series. It served an educational purpose too as I'd never heard of Kei cars or such delights as the Mark II, Corona Exiv etc until I had that game. And it was a blast to see everyday European cars of the day such as the Peugeots, Minis (that was the first car I drove in Arcade Mode IIRC), Vauxhalls, Citroens, Fords etc. Such a gutting shame none of the late 1990s European stuff made it to GT4 onwards as they would have added variety to the UCD (the only '90s European models in the current GT6 are the Lotus Carlton and Fiat Panda I think!). So many of these cars were never seen again - Jag XJ, Ford Mondeo, Ford Cougar, Vauxhall Astra, Peugeot 406, 306, Alfa 155, 145....the list goes on!

And of course all the racing modifications. The 'Favourite Racing Modification' thread elsewhere in this forum was a real trip down memory lane!

Part of the appeal of GT2 for me always was taking the 'crap cars' such as the 63bhp K-cars and turning them into giant killing track tools (still do to this day, my '49 VW Bug in GT6 has 24 different race wins thus far) or the V6 European saloons and taking on all the Skylines, Supras etc in the GT Trophy (and winning too).

Some of the non-Euro cars I sorely miss are some of the Keis, the '82 Starlet, the Sunny VZR (because it wasnt used by the AI haha), the Micra Super Turbo, the Plymouth PT Spyder...and my favourite giant killer, the '89 Mazda 323 4-door (that could be tuned to 370bhp and with a race mod could blitz the high level races) to name just a few.

The Plymouth PT Spider was awesome indeed. 👍 It had multiple colors in the beta version of the game I wish the final had, but the one in the final is still awesome though. 👍 Wish they bring it back in GT6 and of course make it premium.

I really wish they would bring the Lister Storm back, I am kind of tired of seeing that race car in every release afterwards.

Back