This game ruined GT Sport for me

1900x, 64gb of ram, 1080 (as my 2080Ti recently burnt.).
Display is an OLED LG 55"
Understand totally as with 4k I used to get some frame drops and stutters with my 6700k and 1070 rig in certain situations.
My current rig of a 10700k and 3080 runs everything at 4k butter smooth at really high graphical settings.

Also my gaming rig is only used for gaming and has nothing on its operating system except gaming stuff so the install stays clean with minimal background processes running which also helps its gaming performance.

I work for a rendering/sim software dev house, so in terms of cleanliness and overall OS processes control i'm fine, as i often have to conduct benchmarks, and so need to avoid wild thermals and rogue CPU hogging.

The rig is definitely ageing, but it can take a pounding still, as it's what it was built for.

Now to figure out the Steering Wheel config.

Understand totally as with 4k I used to get some frame drops and stutters with my 6700k and 1070 rig in certain situations.
My current rig of a 10700k and 3080 runs everything at 4k butter smooth at really high graphical settings.

Also my gaming rig is only used for gaming and has nothing on its operating system except gaming stuff so the install stays clean with minimal background processes running which also helps its gaming performance.
I have the same cpu as you but i could only get my hands on a 3070, although a higher end msi suprim x.

I run ACC at 4k epic averaging 80-100fps playing online.

I have the same cpu as you but i could only get my hands on a 3070, although a higher end msi suprim x.

I run ACC at 4k epic averaging 80-100fps playing online.

I was able to get my hands on an​

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING OC last fall a couple of weeks after initial launch at the original MSRP price on the card.​

You said your rig is mighty fine, but the specs say otherwise.
For the game Physics? I beg to differ.
Alas my problem seems to have been with the PS4.
The pc Runs as i please it to, as i have all the options i may want to tweak, and i am obviously much more limited on the GPU than the CPU.
Optimal specs speak of a ryzen 5, 6/12, which has analogous base and boost (mine has a higher base, i do not boost it.), but i have two more cores, if older.
Compared to the ryzen 5 of my partner, we're pretty evens stevens when it comes to rendering and physics simulation (not of the kind found in games, but still :) ).

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's due to the PS4, to be honest.
ACC was never CPU friendly (Kunos has an endless history of fudging with their physics, also to ensure it didn't hiccup with lower-power CPUs, something it did throughout the history of AC), and i'm playing this on an aged PS4.
I say aged, as dust and grime surely impair its cooling, the performance may not be as good as when it was new, and while it poses no problem to GTS, it may perhaps declock with ACC, resulting in unpredictable behaviour when the physics calculations kick in (f.e. when the tyres are called into question on braking, turning, acceleration, rather than straightline driving.).

I'm well aware of the GT3 drivers, and i am also quite aware of the sponsorships riding on anything they state (in ACC, iRacing, GTS. you name it.).
David Perel, which i love to follow, used to swear by GTS, its FFB communicativity and so on.
That hasn't changed, but maybe ACC got better on PC.

The truck feeling i describe is essentially down to two things: the tyres not biting, and the side-to-side weight transfer, way too inertial.
I touch the brakes as gently as i dare to, in a straight line, the wheels lock immediately, the dragging of the tyre on the tarmac punctuated by the hopeless ABS.
It's no surprise that when i release the brakes, trailing into the first chicane, there is absolutely no bite, the car slides out as if i took 40km/h too many into the bend, and takes half a day to settle so i can steer on the other side.
When i think of touching the gas, as i am finally pointing where i want to go, with the wheel straight as a fuse, bam, the rears light up as if i floored it, the back of the car tail happy as my car when in drift mode, the TC clanking away in utter desperation.
Cold tyres, it'd look like, but no, they are as bright green as they could, and don't get even orange when the shambolic braking or acceleration phases kick in.
It's just as if ACC couldn't be bothered considering them at all (hint: that's what happens in a fixed-timing simulation when the budget is exceeded. things get dropped to make it in time to the next tick. Cue flying cars.).

I'm no GT3 driver, but in RL i can stop the car fast enough to pop my ears (i mean this literally. ~1G in deceleration), without the ABS even THINKING of coming into play.
I live up some hills, going for milk is a stream of bends and counter-bends, which i take as spiritedly as i feasibly can (it's hardly populated around here), with no TC/ESC, in a car which gets to 30:70 on front to rear drive, so close enough to a rear-wheel driven car, withot so much as an unwanted spin, with over 600Nm of torque at the avail (the gt3 lambo has 510.) and 460 BPH (the lambo has 520), the steering wheel hardly ever straight.
The tyres i have need warming up, as well, and they don't come to the right pressure until a few KMs in, so i am aquainted with having too much torque and too little grip, and having to play at the edge of the available adhesion until that threshold is high enough to have the full bodied fun.
I genuinely think i am not completely hopeless at the wheel. (attached, in red, my torque map. To say i am all too aware of what a first throttle touch may entail.)

I did below 1'56" on GTS, in Monza yesterday evening, on a Gr.4 car, and i can stay within 3 tenths of my best time quite indefinitely.
I can pick any other car, and within reason (some cars are hopeless under BoP), stay well within the second of my best time, done in the best car possible, no matter if it's awd, ff, fr, mr.

I can't get the GT3 lambo to go anywhere near 2 minutes, as i can't do two laps where it goes where i want it to, twice in a row, no matter how quick or slow i go.
Which sums up the totality of my experiences with Kunos' games, i'm afraid.
They're boasted by Ferrari links, they're the dearies of Italy's software houses (along with Milestone and their horrible motoGP franchises) and come with stashes of hype attached, but the quality of their works, for me, stays the same as it's always been: way too low.

Thanks for all the kind words, and sorry for the rain on the parade.
I had hoped i was missing something glaring, alas, no.

Have fun, you lot, race hard, race fair!
Are you using the aggressive presets?
Also on PS4 the erratic 30fps really don't help. It's 60 on PS5 which makes a huge difference.

Are you using the aggressive presets?
Also on PS4 the erratic 30fps really don't help. It's 60 on PS5 which makes a huge difference.
Yeah man, it was the low FPS on the PS4.
Buttery smooth and very-drivable on PC, the more FPS apparently the merrier.

I played ACC today for the first time. I’ve been a Gran Turismo fan since day 1 and have been playing GT Sport on my PS5, but this is my first taste of any of the genuine sim racers.

I can already feel a difference compared to GT Sport. I’ve literally only played the practice session on the Nurburgring so far, but man was it satisfying to play. I’m absolutely itching to play more.

My concern is that I literally bought my PS5 for Gran Turismo! If I develop a taste for ACC and stick with it, it could mean the PS5 was a bit of a waste!
Same boat - played Gran Turismo games to death, hosted league racing on those games but sadly, when you try Pcars 2 or ACC, it offers no satisfaction at all. Great graphics are not enough, I think we just have to accept that Gran Turismo will never be any different and it will never be a track racing game, it will always be a car collecting game for the masses.

There is a certain 'nuts & bolts' feel to real track racing, which comes across in those other games, ACC in particular is a very nuts and bolts game actually when you consider the lack of polish, lower graphics, occasional bugs, but it's very addictive if you want an authentic experience, even on console.

There are undoubtedly a lot of people complaining about bugs or game crashes in ACC but I personally haven't had the game crash on Ps4, I have seen a few annoying bugs but nothing game breaking.

There are undoubtedly a lot of people complaining about bugs or game crashes in ACC but I personally haven't had the game crash on Ps4, I have seen a few annoying bugs but nothing game breaking.
You obviously do not play the career mode then ;-)

I

Have played career mode but not got that far into it. The career mode isn't highly rated anyway, the championships are better
If you read my posts in the thread "PS4 trophies" I explain exactly where the game crashes during career.

Also, career is only important IF you want to get the trophies, like I did. Now that I have beaten the game I can sit back and enjoy it at my leisure ;-)

I would have thought that online would have been better than what it is and this has been the other disappointment for me :-(

If you read my posts in the thread "PS4 trophies" I explain exactly where the game crashes during career.

Also, career is only important IF you want to get the trophies, like I did. Now that I have beaten the game I can sit back and enjoy it at my leisure ;-)

I would have thought that online would have been better than what it is and this has been the other disappointment for me :-(
What was the issue with it online? I have read that that there are not many lobbies running on ps4. I expect that may be better on pc. The advantage with any of these older Sims is that it's mostly decent drivers left playing them, the morons all left for gt sport or whatever the latest thing is

What was the issue with it online? I have read that that there are not many lobbies running on ps4. I expect that may be better on pc. The advantage with any of these older Sims is that it's mostly decent drivers left playing them, the morons all left for gt sport or whatever the latest thing is
I found there are not many lobbies available when I am online and most of the drivers I have encountered care little for their safety rating :-( Or to put it another way, drive like Bottas in the wet ;-)

Why do you call ACC an "older sim"? It is only just over 12 months old on PS4. BTW GT Sport is far older.

The main difference is:
  • Assetto Corsa Compeitizone is sim racing
  • GT Sport is simcade, while Forza Motorsport 7 is also a simcade too.

I'm the exact same apart from the fact that I did spend thousands on a gaming PC.

Started with GT Sport during the start of the lockdowns in 2020. Had played it on an off for years, loved it. But once I moved to ACC that was it, game over for GT Sport. There really is no comparison, GT Sport is like an arcade game for me now.

Is ACC getting a next gen console upgrade? I have on PS4 and as much as I realise it’s shallow, the relatively sketchy graphics slightly ruined the experience for me (not completely but it certainly didn’t add to the experience). Planning on buying a PS5 later this year.

Is ACC getting a next gen console upgrade? I have on PS4 and as much as I realise it’s shallow, the relatively sketchy graphics slightly ruined the experience for me (not completely but it certainly didn’t add to the experience). Planning on buying a PS5 later this year.

I see it is on sale on the PS Store now for 19.99 USD. I thought about buying it but I would prefer to get a deluxe edition with all of the DLC included. So I may end up waiting until the PS5 version drops and buy it then

I just bought GT Sport, after years of playing Project CARS, AC and ACC, specifically to have a more relaxing time of it and damn it is so much more forgiving than those games!
The things it lets you get away with! I'm winning on the hardest mode at tracks I've never raced at before due to the pathetic AI.

Although I am having a lot of fun, it is in nowhere near the same league as ACC.
Kerbs mean nothing, contact means nothing, getting out of shape means nothing, it's great fun!

So it is exactly as predicted: pretty, fun, easy going and completely unrealistic. Quite a nice change of pace from the often gruelling ACC actually.

I am worried if I play enough of GTS though I'm not going to be able to drive at all well when I go back to ACC lol

I just bought GT Sport, after years of playing Project CARS, AC and ACC, specifically to have a more relaxing time of it and damn it is so much more forgiving than those games!
The things it lets you get away with! I'm winning on the hardest mode at tracks I've never raced at before due to the pathetic AI.

Although I am having a lot of fun, it is in nowhere near the same league as ACC.
Kerbs mean nothing, contact means nothing, getting out of shape means nothing, it's great fun!

So it is exactly as predicted: pretty, fun, easy going and completely unrealistic. Quite a nice change of pace from the often gruelling ACC actually.

I am worried if I play enough of GTS though I'm not going to be able to drive at all well when I go back to ACC lol
Your argument is like saying that running or playing chess is easy. It's a sport - compete against others and then say it's easy.
Try to reach A+ in GT Sport - easy? Win FIA championships? Olympics?

Your argument is like saying that running or playing chess is easy. It's a sport - compete against others and then say it's easy.
Try to reach A+ in GT Sport - easy? Win FIA championships? Olympics?
I predominantly race offline, so the AI is a big deal for me. It's not a big deal for PD though it seems. I know it's not the focus of GTS, but single player modes are there so why not improve that side a bit?

And also the handling... I personally much prefer ACC, so I think I'll leave GTS behind now, those who play online I'm sure will have lots of fun. I see the potential, it's just not for me.

I predominantly race offline, so the AI is a big deal for me. It's not a big deal for PD though it seems. I know it's not the focus of GTS, but single player modes are there so why not improve that side a bit?

And also the handling... I personally much prefer ACC, so I think I'll leave GTS behind now, those who play online I'm sure will have lots of fun. I see the potential, it's just not for me.
In that case I understand fully and totally agree about everything.

It's just annoying and a bit sad when people here and at Reddit argue about what simracing game is the "best" when they are actually talking about it from different perspectives, without consideration for other perspectives. Not everyone is interested in maximizing the realism, and not everyone is interested in online ranked competition.

Sure, ACC is more true to reality than GTS, but does that make it "better"? To whom? Is that the only criteria of something that's "good", being true to reality? Personally, I want to compete and have fun - being in somewhat realistic car racing circumstances just happens to be the arena of competition. Whoever wants "realism" should do this in real-life - being close to death is a huge part of what makes car racing and motorcycle riding so attractive to so many. But sure, of course I understand the fascination of the entire simulation genre, no matter what's being simulated.

In that case I understand fully and totally agree about everything.

It's just annoying and a bit sad when people here and at Reddit argue about what simracing game is the "best" when they are actually talking about it from different perspectives, without consideration for other perspectives. Not everyone is interested in maximizing the realism, and not everyone is interested in online ranked competition.

Sure, ACC is more true to reality than GTS, but does that make it "better"? To whom? Is that the only criteria of something that's "good", being true to reality? Personally, I want to compete and have fun - being in somewhat realistic car racing circumstances just happens to be the arena of competition. Whoever wants "realism" should do this in real-life - being close to death is a huge part of what makes car racing and motorcycle riding so attractive to so many. But sure, of course I understand the fascination of the entire simulation genre, no matter what's being simulated.
Trust me, if I wanted to be racing online competitively I'd be playing GTS a lot more. I respect how it's tailored for that market and I get how the more accessible physics and handling model allow more people to play and have fun and not have to be so mindful of controlling the car as much in order to have a good race.

I'm hoping GT7 has better AI so folks like me can enjoy it offline as much as those who enjoy it online do currently.

Got a gaming PC already so I tried ACC. I don't agree at all that it feels better, more realistic, more difficult or more immersive than GT Sport - just different.

I'm almost DR A+ in GT Sport, have driven a car on track and have regularly ridden motorcycles for 15 years.

I will be playing it however when my partner uses the PS5.

Last edited:
Back