This Guy Is The Best Drifter!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Grandorifto
  • 53 comments
  • 7,225 views
Messages
387
Canada
St. Catharines, ON. Canad
Messages
GTP_GODZlLLA (w/ 3 L's)
I found this guy on youtube, i don't think that anyone can drift like this guy.:scared:
and check out his old videos from GT3, GT4 and GT5.
this is the link to his youtube space, i guess you can call it.. haha

http://www.youtube.com/user/gtartisan33

 
There should be a video thread :D.
 
There should be a video thread :D.

oopyzz.. sorry man. I was half asleep when i was doing this one..maybe it can be moved for me..
 
This guys is good. I remember going against him in the world rankings in GT HD. I don't think that was his best though. That particular video just looks crazy how much he gets sideways. He messed up on the 3rd turn. That is the only car he used and managed a 17100 or something like that in GT HD.
 
Amazing video!👍 I don't think we'll ever know how he manages to hold some of them slides:crazy: On the penultimate bend his car was virtually 90 degrees to the track!:eek:
 
look at his youtube page and you can see hoe he does it :)
well, almost
 
REDSUPRA01 has some sick videos too!

 
is there a hidden D2 GP QTSettings in the game? lol
great videos but are they doing this in pro mode?
 
Wowww...he basically linked the whole track -_-"
 
Maybe it's Tsuchiya... :D
 
so many good people out here man.. this online thing will just introduce us all to them...
 
Hmmmmm....

I have to say, I don't think there is anything terribly impressive about that video. His front wheels were girating like crazy. He messed up a few lines, and his drifts were a bit too eradic, for my taste. The second video was even worse. Going off track, WAY TOO MANY manji's down the straits, and so on....

There are many better drifters out there. Quite a few of them are on this forum.

BTW, "drift points" do not a good drift make. He may make a lot of points, but the drifts aren't terrible attractive, which is far more important in a subjective sport like drifting.

On a side note....

Hey Ryan. Been awhile. Nice to see you back on the boards. IDM version 2 may be in the works for the near future. Get practicing.

Oh, and a single thread for all videos is not very viable. A separate forum will be implemented once the full game is out. Until then, it will be far easier to find a video in this thread as it is. That is, unless someone wants to take the time to compile all the videos and keep them organized in the first post of a video thread. Personally I have enough of that type of thread to keep updated, so I don't have the time to be in charge of such. If anyone feels they have such time, and can be trusted to keep it organized, send me a PM, and we'll see what we can do.





;)
 
I see your point, but redsupra is not trying to make all of his drifts *pretty*. He is going for points and ran some of the best scores in GT HD. With the kind of control he has, if he tried to make them look good, he could. But that isn't the case in the video, or in drift trial. It's easier to make a drift look nice and end up wherever you want.
 
I see your point, but redsupra is not trying to make all of his drifts *pretty*. He is going for points and ran some of the best scores in GT HD.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when such a mode was first announced. This kind of scoring system doesn't work to accurately "judge" a drift. You can't substitute a living breathing person with a load of sensors when it comes to a subjective sport like drifting. Such a system can be implemented along side a living judge (as it is in D1GP), but a real person has to be there to accurately meld that data with their own personal view. Such is subjective sports.

With the kind of control he has, if he tried to make them look good, he could. But that isn't the case in the video, or in drift trial.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion if I were you. He may be able to control a smooth drift, but then again, most people cannot, even some of the people who are supposedly "the best" have trouble with keeping their countersteering smooth (no eradic movements), throttle control smooth (no tail wagging), and lines smooth (effective use of whole track). These things are very difficult to string together in a cohesive and "attractive" manner. Much more difficult then you seem to be giving credit for.

It's easier to make a drift look nice and end up wherever you want.

I fear you may get a lot of flack for this last statement. As I said above, making a drift look good while stringing together all of them in a smooth controlled fashion, is just about the most difficult thing you can attempt (maybe, just outside of trying to beat some of the times on our OLR forum:sly:). Just trying to get as many "points" as you can within a set distance can be done many different ways. While still challenging, this in no way compares to the difficulty of performing a "great" drift in the eyes of a human being.




;)
 
is there a hidden D2 GP QTSettings in the game? lol
great videos but are they doing this in pro mode?


I would imagine so. Don't you find it hard to drift with standard mode? I think its impossible to get the car to slide unless I use the E-brake. But in Pro mode its very easy to get the car to slide out and do drifting.

Anyone else find this true?
 
This is exactly the kind of thing I was worried about when such a mode was first announced. This kind of scoring system doesn't work to accurately "judge" a drift. You can't substitute a living breathing person with a load of sensors when it comes to a subjective sport like drifting. Such a system can be implemented along side a living judge (as it is in D1GP), but a real person has to be there to accurately meld that data with their own personal view. Such is subjective sports.



I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion if I were you. He may be able to control a smooth drift, but then again, most people cannot, even some of the people who are supposedly "the best" have trouble with keeping their countersteering smooth (no eradic movements), throttle control smooth (no tail wagging), and lines smooth (effective use of whole track). These things are very difficult to string together in a cohesive and "attractive" manner. Much more difficult then you seem to be giving credit for.



I fear you may get a lot of flack for this last statement. As I said above, making a drift look good while stringing together all of them in a smooth controlled fashion, is just about the most difficult thing you can attempt (maybe, just outside of trying to beat some of the times on our OLR forum:sly:). Just trying to get as many "points" as you can within a set distance can be done many different ways. While still challenging, this in no way compares to the difficulty of performing a "great" drift in the eyes of a human being.




;)

lol, ok? That was a lot of writing. I was just saying he is a good player. Dude, it's a video game...Not real life.

;)
 
I would imagine so. Don't you find it hard to drift with standard mode? I think its impossible to get the car to slide unless I use the E-brake. But in Pro mode its very easy to get the car to slide out and do drifting.

Anyone else find this true?

It's much easier in Pro since there isn't as much grip as there is in Standard mode
 
I would imagine so. Don't you find it hard to drift with standard mode? I think its impossible to get the car to slide unless I use the E-brake. But in Pro mode its very easy to get the car to slide out and do drifting.

Anyone else find this true?


actually I didint drift too much in gt5p. I got a g25 and it's really hard to drift but I believe it's all about doing a lot of practise and finding the right drift setting in QTS
 
Some of the best drift videos I have seen were from these group of guys called Team FBI, their videos were great, awesome drifts, awesome editing. I hope they will release some GT5P drift videos soon, They made a lot in GT3 and GT4.

If you guys are reading this, HOOK IT UP!
 
lol, ok? That was a lot of writing. I was just saying he is a good player. Dude, it's a video game...Not real life.

;)

Hmmmmm....

Cop out response.




;)
 
Not at all...But, keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

;)

Well, you didn't reply to anything I said, after making some rather interesting statements. What would you call that?

He is good at getting "drift points". I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "good drifter". This type of sentiment you are probably going to see a lot from some of the more veteran drifters of this forum. The points system has stirred a lot of distaste among drifters, and I believe, rightly so.

A fun diversion, yes, but in some ways it is doing the same thing that "The Fast and the Furious" films did to the tuner culture. Cheapening the culture, as it were.

Of course, this is an opinion. One which I have taken the time to put into words, instead of copping out with "dude it's just a game". You're on a gaming forum. A certain importance is put on games, on a gaming forum. This should not come as a surprise.




;)
 
Well, you didn't reply to anything I said, after making some rather interesting statements. What would you call that?

He is good at getting "drift points". I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "good drifter". This type of sentiment you are probably going to see a lot from some of the more veteran drifters of this forum. The points system has stirred a lot of distaste among drifters, and I believe, rightly so.

A fun diversion, yes, but in some ways it is doing the same thing that "The Fast and the Furious" films did to the tuner culture. Cheapening the culture, as it were.

Of course, this is an opinion. One which I have taken the time to put into words, instead of copping out with "dude it's just a game". You're on a gaming forum. A certain importance is put on games, on a gaming forum. This should not come as a surprise.




;)

I think you just like arguing Super Moderator. I'm not going to get into it with you, because you can simply kick me, or lock the thread...Although, you make it hard to just drop the subject and keep coming after me...Why? Veteran drifters? Good at getting drift points? Bro, seriously? Look, this is a game...I understand it's meant to be a realistic racing simulator, but it's still fake and is not going to be real, ever...So, trying to compare augmented reality to how drifts look in real life and saying the *top drifters* aren't that good, because they have a weird drift angle, or they aren't smooth enough is just...well...stupid/rude...

These "video game drifters" are after "drift points" and so is everyone else on the rankings...So, their skill level is based on drift points, nothing more. Which is what the drift trial is about. If you want to see more realistic drifting in the game, you can do so on time trial, or disregard drift points. Then, it would make more sense to comment on how their drift looks. I think your being rude by putting down these players who were drifting 17000+ points in GT HD, by saying what you did...Your not that impressed, etc...If your not that impressed, why don't you do it? Oh, that's right...You would rather not play on the "drift point system" and drift on your own to make it look more realistic. That's cool.

My point is, he was a good drifter and i don't think it's necessary to put him down in any way. Any top drifter in the game is a good "player". Keep in mind, they are going for "drift points", that's all...All you can say is that it was an awesome run, which it was. Obviously, you drift in real life and are critiquing the game heavily. Well, i drift and race as well. I'm more into drag racing, because i have a Z28. Built my motor with a friend and the car runs 11's on the motor, N/A. You have your opinion and i have mine. But, the only difference is your offending people with the things you say. Maybe no one has said anything, but you offended me. As a moderator, i wouldn't expect this kind of thing. The top drifters look a lot better than your typical person on the rankings...Even if the points didn't show...Drift trial should be left to drift points and that's it. No need to comment on a players achievement, because it didn't pertain well enough to real life... I understand you can have an opinion, but when you are being rude that draws the line and I'm sure this site doesn't support rude behavior. Like you said, it is a gaming forum, so some of the things you say could insult people, because when they are number 1 with a good run, they don't need to be compared to reality. Sometimes, things are better just kept to yourself.

;)
 
I think you just like arguing Super Moderator. I'm not going to get into it with you, because you can simply kick me, or lock the thread...Although, you make it hard to just drop the subject and keep coming after me...Why? Veteran drifters? Good at getting drift points? Bro, seriously? Look, this is a game...I understand it's meant to be a realistic racing simulator, but it's still fake and is not going to be real, ever...So, trying to compare augmented reality to how drifts look in real life and saying the *top drifters* aren't that good, because they have a weird drift angle, or they aren't smooth enough is just...well...stupid/rude...

These "video game drifters" are after "drift points" and so is everyone else on the rankings...So, their skill level is based on drift points, nothing more. Which is what the drift trial is about. If you want to see more realistic drifting in the game, you can do so on time trial, or disregard drift points. Then, it would make more sense to comment on how their drift looks. I think your being rude by putting down these players who were drifting 17000+ points in GT HD, by saying what you did...Your not that impressed, etc...If your not that impressed, why don't you do it? Oh, that's right...You would rather not play on the "drift point system" and drift on your own to make it look more realistic. That's cool.

My point is, he was a good drifter and i don't think it's necessary to put him down in any way. Any top drifter in the game is a good "player". Keep in mind, they are going for "drift points", that's all...All you can say is that it was an awesome run, which it was. Obviously, you drift in real life and are critiquing the game heavily. Well, i drift and race as well. I'm more into drag racing, because i have a Z28. Built my motor with a friend and the car runs 11's on the motor, N/A. You have your opinion and i have mine. But, the only difference is your offending people with the things you say. Maybe no one has said anything, but you offended me. As a moderator, i wouldn't expect this kind of thing. The top drifters look a lot better than your typical person on the rankings...Even if the points didn't show...Drift trial should be left to drift points and that's it. No need to comment on a players achievement, because it didn't pertain well enough to real life... I understand you can have an opinion, but when you are being rude that draws the line and I'm sure this site doesn't support rude behavior. Like you said, it is a gaming forum, so some of the things you say could insult people, because when they are number 1 with a good run, they don't need to be compared to reality. Sometimes, things are better just kept to yourself.

;)

I'm sorry if you think I am being rude, but it is not the intention. The drift points system takes a certain skill to master just like anything else. I think you are inferring some things from my statements that just aren't there.

You said this:

It's easier to make a drift look nice and end up wherever you want.

Which I commented on, because as I'm sure you may be able to see now (hindsight, as it were) this is a strange statement. I don't think my response was out of line. I'm not putting you, or anyone down for what they are attempting to do (go for drift points). It's when you attempt to "put down" "aesthetically" based drifting (strange that there can be such a distinction nowadays) by saying it's "easier" than the points based system, when I have to put my .02 cents in. Nothing malicious, just my opinion. You took it with very malicious intent. I'm unsure why exactly, but I'm not exactly surprised either. However...

Just trying to get as many "points" as you can within a set distance can be done many different ways. While still challenging, this in no way compares to the difficulty of performing a "great" drift in the eyes of a human being.

I don't see how this statement is putting anyone down. Just a calm rational stance on the subject. One that stirs debate, obviously among some members as you have demonstrated.

The drift points system is here to stay. Love it or hate it. However, it is a new way to "judge" drifting, and is bound to stir a lot of controversy, especially considering it's a "subjective" sport, as I have said. Some discussion was garnered on the subject, and I didn't see anything as out of line. Just a friendly discussion. A tame discussion by internet standards to be sure.

Therefore, I apologize if I have insulted you. I'm just not seeing where I have. My view is a strong one, but I think many people here also feel this way. Again, this was not meant to offend, just to inform.



;)
 
I was worried this would happen with the integration of "drift mode" into the GT series. To me drifting is all about style and the skill it takes to actually drift, not how many points I get. This is where things get mixed up. I know there are going to be people claiming "I am the best drifter!" just because they got xxx points, and they think they are the best. When in reality, looking at what drifting is really about, they are no where close. I am not trying to offend anyone as PD made this into a touchy subject. I can forsee a lot of 'discussions' in the near future about drifting, and I don't see it coming out very well.
actually I didint drift too much in gt5p. I got a g25 and it's really hard to drift but I believe it's all about doing a lot of practise and finding the right drift setting in QTS
You don't need any settings to drift, you can drift any RWD car stock. All it takes is practice and a little bit of skill. It is reccomended to start out with stock cars when learning to drift because you learn so much more than going straight into 600+hp cars. You learn the car, and proper techniques to drifting that way.
Some of the best drift videos I have seen were from these group of guys called Team FBI, their videos were great, awesome drifts, awesome editing. I hope they will release some GT5P drift videos soon, They made a lot in GT3 and GT4.

If you guys are reading this, HOOK IT UP!
I hope to see FBI when GT5 comes out. I really miss the old days of FBI Widge and I tandem drifting. We were carbon copies of each other.
 
To me, I don't belive his style of drifting is good at all, he's drifting for points, While (some) of us drift for style... Just because he scored 18 billion points does not mean that he did good drifting... I think that by launching him self off that first jump sideways, makes it look sloppy and out of order... Might just be me though... I feel that calm collective, smooth drift's would make one the best, not jumping around throwing the back end around like a one night stand...
 
I agree with Delphic and Suzuki...when I heard of a Drift Mode, I was hella curious. Then found out like "People are being based off...flags..." and now that I've actually done more drift trials, I don't really like it at all, cuz normal drift maybe not even counted towards any points, while turning normally making tire screeching sounds just racks up the points. Like...wth? Drifting at 90 degrees (Oh the days of GT3..) is impossible now because you lose all points in total, and I think theres like a perfect 45 degree angle to the racing line that just skyrockets the points...I think it would be nicer if it was a thumbs up thumbs down system, but then Sony would need to save alot of replays, people would just go thumbs down for the fun of it, and any videos at the very top...stay at the top cuz ppl view those the most.

But...

This ferrari guy was a bit wild, but he still had alot of control, especially to jump and then turn in...then out...then in...I was like O.O. The rest was here and there...
 
You're right Z 2 8. He is the best drifter ever and if anyone makes any comment about any minor mistakes he made, they should be banned! This guy is perfect and there is no way anyone can comment on any errors without being a rude snob.
 
Thats some great drifting ...right there... awesome!
 
Back