This Little Porsche 904 Carrera GTS Will Slay Giants Around the Track

The pictures show a flat six not a flat four.
:odd:

Did you read the article?

Upon receiving the car, Segimen commissioned a full restoration in 1997 from Porsche Client Services. There the 904 received a new 2.7-liter flat-six from a 911. This brought it in line with the 904/6 variant introduced in 1965 and boosted the power to 210hp.

Quite a few vintage Porsche race cars have been up for sale. Time for GTPlanet to pool their money and jump on one! I know of a certain 908 coming up next month in Monterey.

Beautiful those ancient race cars.

This is why Porsche called its race cars 90x.

Later, Porsche introduced pure racing cars which were not sold for road use, so not competing with any road-going Peugeot. These carried the design numbers

If Porsche were worried about the costs of formula1 in 1962 , imagine what they'd think if you told them what it was going to cost 56 years later !
Is the car in Forza the original 2 litre or the post rebuild 2.7 ? Be nice if there was a choice .

Is the car in Forza the original 2 litre or the post rebuild 2.7 ?
I would have to imagine it's what it says in the game, and I can't imagine the specs aren't provided. Having said that, it's unlikely (though not impossible) it's this car as this car isn't really a 904/6 other than it's a 904 with a 6-cylinder engine. This is chassis 904-049, and, as a result, is a 904/4 that's been the recipient of an engine swap.

All 904s--be they the original 4-, later 8- or final 6-cylinder (and lowest specific output of the lot) examples--were originally built with 2-liter engines (of varying exact displacements--1966cc, 1982cc and 1991cc respectively), due to the regulations dictated by the division for which they were built to race.

I'd forgotten about the flat8 . Must have made a wonderful noise .
A bit like a modern F1 car ..... NOT .

Nevermind...I didn't read the title.

:dunce:

Edit: Here we go...

As it doesn't have to do with this particular example presented in the article, I've gone ahead and stuck it ina spoiler box:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back