This makes interesting reading - "confirmed race ai phoney"

• Thread starter gslooney
  • 39 comments
check this then http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5724/f1lol.jpg

how can you be nearly 4 secs slower on 1st lap and still be in first place ?? (Monaco in Wet)
I'd like to know đź‘Ž

btw, I still love the racing, it will keep me happy for a few weeks till GT5 in Nov

Well in theory if you started on poll, you would cross the timing beam immediately - from a standing start. Vettel *could* have crossed the timing beam a few seconds later doing ~100+ mph, and if he was right up behind you at the end of the lap then his *lap time* would be much quicker overall.

This video makes it pretty clear something is truly amiss.

See 1'40" and 3'40":

This video makes me laugh! He's playing on what I assume to be the lowest difficulty, in a quick race, but moans about it being inaccurate!

When i've played high difficulty, long races, on Career, so far everything seems, or at least feels legit.

Also, remember, I think there is quite a bit of unthought questions on what version actually has what bugs and where.

I think the majority of these bugs are just very clever programming by Codies to speed up things.

For example, in a three lap race, everything done quick, I think all the Times are trying to be scaled down (I admit I can't quite explain what I know sadly) Along with MANY other things.

There is some sort of 'scaling' part of the engine which I actually believe is causing almost all the gameplay anomolies, mainly on short races and easier difficulties.

Everthing apart from that is actually working as intended. My game for all I can tell is bugless. Maybe i'm just happy. I should be.

I can tell you for sure that when Humans, being smart as they are, look for trouble they find it.
Sad really, because if you don't, you wouldn't ever notice.

This video makes me laugh! He's playing on what I assume to be the lowest difficulty, in a quick race, but moans about it being inaccurate!

When i've played high difficulty, long races, on Career, so far everything seems, or at least feels legit.

Also, remember, I think there is quite a bit of unthought questions on what version actually has what bugs and where.

I think the majority of these bugs are just very clever programming by Codies to speed up things.

For example, in a three lap race, everything done quick, I think all the Times are trying to be scaled down (I admit I can't quite explain what I know sadly) Along with MANY other things.

There is some sort of 'scaling' part of the engine which I actually believe is causing almost all the gameplay anomolies, mainly on short races and easier difficulties.

Everthing apart from that is actually working as intended. My game for all I can tell is bugless. Maybe i'm just happy. I should be.

I can tell you for sure that when Humans, being smart as they are, look for trouble they find it.
Sad really, because if you don't, you wouldn't ever notice.

There is no way anyone can defend this game after watching that video, it's there in front of you, the lap times in the races are made up, end of story.

There is no way anyone can defend this game after watching that video, it's there in front of you, the lap times in the races are made up, end of story.

Yeah. It certainly appears that way, in that situation. I'm not defending the game as such. I just think people jump to conclusions on messy evidence, even though there is alot.

It's like a chainsaw massacre, at first it seems like there are many things involved, but really it was only one, that one is just a single entity that got out of hand.

Nothing is as it appears. Especially in a short while, with small info, small thoughts.

As a big picture this game is immense. I defend it because I feel like it's a been reduced to little Baby Mammoth huddled in a corner, seperated from it's kin by Herds of Hunters. Who do not realise that it just can't feed all of them. What's the point?

It's still a fun game, even with the bugs. Which is quite unusual in my experience, sometimes games can be less buggy, but yet the bugs impact upon the gaming experience more.

I haven't bought this games so take this with a grain of salt but if I understand correctly, online allows for only 12 cars at once while single player has a full grid (26 cars?). I think it is fair to say that the engine is probably unable to do detailed physics for all ai cars. Codemasters probably has to use a variety of "tricks" to make it appear as if you are racing a full grid of cars. Likely the only AI cars that are getting full ai and physics modelling are the cars in the immediate vicinity of your car. Bugs in the code used for the "tricks" or the transition between physics modes is likely leading to these bugs. Not saying that it is good but I think that it is unrealistic to expect full modelling of a 26 car race.

I will defend it by saying it's a fun game that I enjoy, frankly the attitude in this section is reaching the horror that is the GT5 section. I stopped watching the video after about 5 seconds because the idiot appears to be playing on the lowest difficulty with all assists on whilst at the same time complaining about it.

I'm not going to lie and say this game is perfect because there are glitches and obvious signs of a rush job(like certain things not being switched like Celsius into Fahrenheit and certain spelling's for the NA release), but I would guess the FIA wanted the game out before a certain date so they kind of had to rush it.

I can see the FIA wanting to cash in on what has been an excellent season with an official product. The AI racecraft is pretty good, they react well to what I do, doing things you'd never see on F1CE, it's a definite step up in those regards.

Wow, I have to say the way this game has turned out and the community's reaction to it has been unimaginable. Personally, I think i'm in love with the game, but I acknowledge that it it has been released with a staggering amount of bugs. I can't believe the level of negativity though about the game in general. I was as cynical as most people about the game prior to release but I think Codemasters have produced their best game since the TOCA days, and yet half of the community seems to have turned against CM, mainly because of the bugs. My attitude is that these bugs will be fixed, so I can get over it.

I don't think it's possible for me to agree with you any more than I do. I've been having a great time with this game, it's a lot of fun. I hope it gets patched and that people don't get too upset with pre-patch state of affairs to give up on it.

Should it ship with bugs? Not really. But if they patch them up soon it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

Edit: Honestly, just look at the metacritic / game rankings collection of reviews. Reviewers are loving this game for good reason. Personally, I have been affected very little by bugs. Guess I'm lucky.

Double Edit: "Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date. " - Official responce on Codies forum. Good.

Back