This thread is about Famine

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 92 comments
BigJamesGTI
Its me Famine and Ultrabeat from Yorkshire.

Heres a tester for you. You go round to a mates house (when you were young, say 10 or 11) and say "are you laking out?" your mate agrees and off you go.

Pop trivia - what are you actually asking your mate ? Famine and Ultra cant answer.

Famine is god BTW.
I would have though that it's "are you coming out?", but it wouldn't supprise me if it meant "hey, you wanna play cards?". Over here people might satart to call you "our kid" and say "come over to me gaffe", "last night was buzzin" and "bust me a dollar". Dollar, in the UK, we use pounds. I'm not one for all that slang used in Manchester, it's mainley used by teens anyway.

Here is the next Final Jeoprady Question-

"For his role in writing this 1861 document, Thomas Cobb of Georgia is compared to James Madison." -no Cheating (Ken Jennings got this one right.)

Nope I'm not, but how is that a question, are we meant to find a connection or something?

What, it's $16,500 for the cheapest manual over there. We can get cars with manual for less than half that and with loads of features. Fo $21k which I think is around £15k, I'd be looking at a used S2000.

That is Bill Bailey, the musical (very) funny man. Although, maybe that's who Famine moonlights as! We'll never know.

EDIT: And whilst on the subject of Famine (which is not entirely inappropriate due to the title of the thread), here's a picture I ran across recently that I thought you might like to salivate (or whatever else) over...

These'd last you a while, eh!

200x200.jpg

live4speed
I would have though that it's "are you coming out?", but it wouldn't supprise me if it meant "hey, you wanna play cards?". Over here people might satart to call you "our kid" and say "come over to me gaffe", "last night was buzzin" and "bust me a dollar". Dollar, in the UK, we use pounds. I'm not one for all that slang used in Manchester, it's mainley used by teens anyway.

Laking out is slang for playing out - so you'd go to a mates house and ask if he was laking out !!

I was close then. I don't remeber it's been a while since I was out in Sheffield, but I'm sure some people over there have a different way of asking a bird for a snog.

I bet Jeopardy won't miss writing the same name over and over and over and over and .. on the checks.

live4speed
Are you from Yorkshire? It's them that don't use the letter H if it's the first letter of a word, they say things like, "ow are you?" "were all uman's you know" and "appy birthday". They also say "ello, you all right me duck?". Since Famines from Yorkshire this is how he would speak and now the whole world knows the secret that is Famines English. Lol, only kidding, but plenty of people do talk like that over on the other side of the pennines.

:lol: I have met Famine and he don't talk owt like a yorkshire man :D

Ron said he talks posh :D

Yes, he did. Next time I'll drive into him on purpose... :D

Back