Thomas2012's Track Workshop | Gone Fishin'

• Thread starter Thomas2012
  • 113 comments
Awesome Mate, are you able to post a link when you can? Cheers mate

Oh yeah apologies about that!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/MJTbreww/course/

To all those requests so far I have got them down and I will start tomorrow to go through these, here is the list so far. I most likely wont be able to complete this list.

Track Suggestions

Imola 2006 (when last F1 raced there, with final chicane)
Mexico F1 2015
Austin Texas F1
Long Beach Indycar
Sepang F1
China F1
Montreal F1
Hungaroring F1
Abu Dhabi F1
Hockenheim F1 2001 (the one with long straights trough forests)
Magny Cours F1 (2008 the last time F1 was there)
Road America indycar
Valencia MotoGP
Quatar MotoGP
Mugello MotoGP
Brno MotoGP
Misano MotoGP
Red Rock Valley
Smokey Mountain
Grinelwald (sorry if I spelled that wrong)
Sonoma (Infineon)
All Driving Park courses :)
Belle Isle Park
singapore track
Mosport Park
Bilsterberg
Hungaroring
Imola new version
Adancata Motorpark
Istanbul track

First Suggestion: Smokey Mountain @GTvsForza Now with course makers long straight I had to improvise, this is just the first version so it will be subjected to change.

image.png

And as a final note, current tracks will be reworked with curbs and then additional track sided objects

Last edited:
If you can do the Portimão Circuit as well i'll appreciate.
I've downloaded Estoril and it's the best version i've seen so far 👍:cheers:

Hy Thomas. Ive tested your tracks and they are great, but 1 thing is missing. kurbing.
So i hope you will put kerbs at the right places in future tracks to give the feel of a real racing track.
I hope youll edit the ones you created. Specially Estoril its great but needs kurbs to get that racing feel.
Thanks

Hi mate, please share the old Interlagos, as we can see on the first page, It will be a great gift to my dad. He's an retired race driver, and the most of their races are on the old version. Tks!

Hy Thomas. Ive tested your tracks and they are great, but 1 thing is missing. kurbing.
So i hope you will put kerbs at the right places in future tracks to give the feel of a real racing track.
I hope youll edit the ones you created. Specially Estoril its great but needs kurbs to get that racing feel.
Thanks

Yeah sure I'll work on curbs today and I'll try and get them as accurate as possible 👍
image.png

Here's a quick version I will test now. I'm quite suprisd with how it turned out, it's now up for share

Hi mate, please share the old Interlagos, as we can see on the first page, It will be a great gift to my dad. He's an retired race driver, and the most of their races are on the old version. Tks!

Yeah sure although it had to be altered to fit I hope it will be good enough, would you like me to quickly fit some curbs in? Edit: Did it anyways 👍 It's up!
image.png

@GTvsForza I'm putting the first version of smokey Mountain up in 10 minutes
It's up! ;)

Last edited:
Oh yeah apologies about that!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/MJTbreww/course/

To all those requests so far I have got them down and I will start tomorrow to go through these, here is the list so far. I most likely wont be able to complete this list.

Track Suggestions

Imola 2006 (when last F1 raced there, with final chicane)
Mexico F1 2015
Austin Texas F1
Long Beach Indycar
Sepang F1
China F1
Montreal F1
Hungaroring F1
Abu Dhabi F1
Hockenheim F1 2001 (the one with long straights trough forests)
Magny Cours F1 (2008 the last time F1 was there)
Road America indycar
Valencia MotoGP
Quatar MotoGP
Mugello MotoGP
Brno MotoGP
Misano MotoGP
Red Rock Valley
Smokey Mountain
Grinelwald (sorry if I spelled that wrong)
Sonoma (Infineon)
All Driving Park courses :)
Belle Isle Park
singapore track
Mosport Park
Bilsterberg
Hungaroring
Imola new version
Adancata Motorpark
Istanbul track

First Suggestion: Smokey Mountain @GTvsForza Now with course makers long straight I had to improvise, this is just the first version so it will be subjected to change.

View attachment 455491

And as a final note, current tracks will be reworked with curbs and then additional track sided objects

I Couldn't access your profile on the GT Website, Any ideas

Can you put curbs on the Valencia Ricardo Tormo circuit please? The layout is perfect but it's a bit awkward to drive without curbs..

Bilsterberg
Hungaroring
Imola new version
Adancata Motorpark, those would be my top tracks that I would like to get my hands on, if it would be possible somehow

I had a quick go at Blisterberg and sadly it is way off scale but that is due to the enormous straight. I will have another go soon. 👍
image.png

I've updated Estoril for likely the last time! I've fixed the final corner since there was a random straight in it.
image.png

Note I cannot fix wierd run to the final straigt
Also I redid Adelaide street circuit but a shorter version. It's still too long but I did do the curbs.
image.png

I changed Adelaide up a tiny bit more. Not sure if I should try do the long version.
image.png

Made the full circuit but I'm not too satisfied with it.
image.png

Last edited:
If you're using the Eifel Flat theme you can import a GPX file from an online tool (There are many). It really helps with scale.

Alright thanks for the tip, I'll use that next time 👍 What tool do you use? I've never used GPX files before

@jontikis I somehow completely missed out on your comment, I'll do that tonight. apologies for the delay!

Alright thanks for the tip, I'll use that next time 👍 What tool do you use? I've never used GPX files before

@jontikis I somehow completely missed out on your comment, I'll do that tonight. apologies for the delay!
Sorry I missed your post, I was out in the outback with no internet access.
I used:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/draw/
Also I think you can draw in Google Earth itself

Good Luck!

too bad there are so many limits on the app I hope with GT7 we can EXACT make tracks with input data for height etc. making on PC is the way to go.

too bad there are so many limits on the app I hope with GT7 we can EXACT make tracks with input data for height etc. making on PC is the way to go.

Yeah that'd be great! A lot of people do an awesome job with the TPE which is partially why I've pretty much abandoned this thread. I like making the tracks for others but I feel that they aren't high enough quality.

I like making the tracks for others but I feel that they aren't high enough quality.
Totally understandable, I had a similar feeling back when I was making tracks for GTA5 and only to see people would flock just to play on the glitch maps. So now I just make whatever I want lol people always have requests...I'll leave them to people who actually have enough time to master the craft.

Back