Those bots are the worst thing ever!

Austria
Austria
Srsly, what's up with the bots in the game? It's unbelievable how stupid those bots are driving. Just doing their line, no matter if some other car is aside or in front.
And what did PD think to encourage players to drive clean while putting bots in the game that constantly bump into you?
Just happened again. I pass bot on a straight and when braking for the next corner bot bumps into my rear! And no, it wasn't close and it didn't brake harder than necessary. There was more than enough time for him to brake.
I can't believe this is a game released in 2022. There were games in the 80s that had better bots!

Please don't call this AI. This has nothing to do with intelligence. That's AS, Artificial Stupidity.

Sorry for venting, just really pissed. But I can't be the only one annoyed by how dumb those bots drive.

ATM I feel like I should just forget about CRB and ram every single bot there is.

copium-gas.gif

You've clearly used a wrong illustration to what this guy is talking about.
You've clearly used the wrong emoji to react to my message.

It's not like he's the first one to complain about the AI. We know it's bad, we know it needs to be improved, but it's not in our hands, but PD's. Thus: copium.

This did not need a thread.

To cope with something is to deal with it. To overcome adversity. He has stated that he is not doing that. Ramming the AI in fact in defiance. There is no fake "copium", it doesn't exist and if it did, this isn't the place for it. Maybe not the place for the 30th thread on how the AI is a mess either. We're all quite aware of that as well. :)

What I can agree with is that you're going to need a lot of copium to get along with GT7. And FM at the moment for that matter. What a mess.
:yuck:

OP I used to always get mad with the AI but I got used to it and learn how to best deal with the bad AI in the game.👍
I agree. You have to adjust to them and try to make fun out of it. You can't just go barreling around and expect them to react to every single move you make. They aren't very optimal at all but what's the alternative at this moment? I'm starting to come around to copium. :D lol

Then how exactly was the bottle of copium an incorrect pic to use?

People will just have to wait for an AI upgrade, and until then, all they can do is drive more carefully and not trust the AI blindly. :crazy:
I have rescinded the happy faced soft serve emoji from your post. For one thing, we need to do whatever we can to get through this mess, and the AI doesn't deserve this much effort to argue over. It's been droned on over and over again. I have so little energy to complain about GT7 anymore.

I calmed down a bit since yesterday and yeah, maybe this thread wouldn't have been necessary. On the other hand it doesn't hurt I I don't think I was overly dramatic or offensive.

I agree. You have to adjust to them and try to make fun out of it. You can't just go barreling around and expect them to react to every single move you make. They aren't very optimal at all but what's the alternative at this moment? I'm starting to come around to copium. :D lol
I get what you (and @Chikane_GTR ) are trying to say. But in all seriousness: Why can't we expect the bots to "react to every single move" we make? Because that's exactly what you expect from your opponents in any kind of motorsports.

Now I can accept bots behaving like this in a arcade racer (like The Crew 2 for example) but not in a Sim.
See, we expect so much from games these days. Great graphics, ray tracing, great sound, good physics, lots of game modes and events, customisation, etc. But we accept when bots, which are an integral part of the experience, are just awful?
And there's absolutely no reason for that. It's not like there's a technical limitation or so which would prevent PD from doing better.
So I really hope that if there's a GT8, PD will overthink their priorities. It's not a huge effort to improve here but it would have a huge impact on the overall quality of the game IMO.
Maybe it's just me but I rather have less wheels to choose from and less scapes if this gets me better bots and therefore a more satisfying experience in actual gameplay.

Last edited:
I calmed down a bit since yesterday and yeah, maybe this thread wouldn't have been necessary. On the other hand it doesn't hurt I I don't think I was overly dramatic or offensive.

I get what you (and @Chikane_GTR ) are trying to say. But in all seriousness: Why can't we expect the bots to "react to every single move" we make? Because that's exactly what you expect from your opponents in any kind of motorsports.

Now I can accept bots behaving like this in a arcade racer (like The Crew 2 for example) but not in a Sim.
See, we expect so much from games these days. Great graphics, ray tracing, great sound, good physics, lots of game modes and events, customisation, etc. But we accept when bots, which are an integral part of the experience, are just awful?
And there's absolutely no reason for that. It's not like there's a technical limitation or so which would prevent PD from doing better.
So I really hope that if there's a GT8, PD will overthink their priorities. It's not a huge effort to improve here but it would have a huge impact on the overall quality of the game IMO.
Maybe it's just me but I rather have less wheels to choose from and less scapes if this gets me better bots and therefore a more satisfying experience in actual gameplay.

Shame they don't take a leaf out of ACC's book. I have no idea how easy/difficult it is to implement CPU opponents like in ACC tbh. Plus with granular skill/aggressiveness bar...

I guess you could say Sophy is the plan (maybe), but as an interim measure for GT7, would have been nice to have had something a bit more advanced the current procession.

They've demonstrated in Chilli races, it can be done by them.

As others have said I've long given up caring about it tbh, and just enjoy the game for what it is.

Some seem hopeful this upcoming update may contain Sophy or something like that...

The Nordscheilfe clown show on Custom Races is a shame, as since getting vr2, that track has elevated itself from something I hated/dread to my most used and enjoyed track. I would be fine with the low payouts, but not the ridiculous indicating (on every layout...).

Last edited:
B80
They've demonstrated in Chilli races, it can be done by them.
The AI in Chilli races isnt any better in terms of racecraft than outside in the events where difficulty settings shall apply.
It simply runs faster lap times than in all events on lower difficulty settings, but that doesnt make it any better in the case of being an AI.

Also even the UI is really telling something, easy is 0, medium is 1, and difficult is 2 (out of 3), where is the 3?

Then where's your thread?
I said I don’t care. That doesn’t mean I desperately need to create my own thread, does it?

Whats your problem anyway? It shouldn’t be controversial to criticise the AI in this game so why are you getting upset? You don’t think it’s good, do you?

Last edited:
I don't know, what's yours?

Yeah, that point I made still stands. The economy sucks, but I happen to like some other aspects of the game. Call it an overreaction if you like, but the economy in this game does indeed suck. There, that’s my problem, well one of ‘em anyway.

Now, what’s yours? Why are you offended and upset by others pointing out obvious flaws? Do you not agree? Or do you just like being a good German?

Last edited:
A ”good German” is a term that describes someone who either refuses to acknowledge something’s wrong or simply ignores it.
Wouldn't that make you "a good German", then?

When I search for Good German, all I see is references to Nazi Germany.

Wouldn't that make you "a good German", then?
How so? According to what I’ve said so far in this thread, and according to that old post by me that you pointed out, one could argue that I’m the complete opposite.
When I search for Good German, all I see is references to Nazi Germany.
Yes, “good Germans” were those who ignored or refused to believe what Hitler did, basically.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back