Those Cars That Nobody Ever Cares About...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 376 comments

Which type of car do you like the most?

• Premium Cars, always used online

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Standard Cars, never really seen online

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • All cars, I like a little bit of both

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • I don't like any car in GT6 that much

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don't really care, as long as the car looks and sounds good.

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poll

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The87Dodge

(Banned)
United States
Seattle, WA
rizkeat
Hi guys!

Have you ever noticed that only a small portion of all 1,199 cars in the game are used online? (ex: skylines, GTR, Aventadors, etc) What about all of the other cars?

Well, this is the thread that appreciates all of GT6's forgotten cars.These cars can be a diamond in a rough, and they can perform a lot better than you expect. Remember, Kaz put every car in this game for a reason, and sometimes you'll have to look past the jagged edges and no interior.

In this thread, you can talk about, compare, share photos (I want to see some cool pics of your underrated rides), share tunes, videos, anything you want to share that has to do with forgotten cars. I am excited to see what you will post, and I'm pretty sure that this thread will become a hit. I will also start posting tunes for my under-rated rides.

Happy Posting!

P.S.- My most driven car in this game is a 2000 Mercedes Benz CL600, and of course, I have never seen it online.

Last edited:
Of those choices I would have to say all. I don't care if a car is standard or premium nor do I care how much it is or isn't used by others online or off. There are lots of great cars in the game.

My most driven car is the Subaru GT300 Base Model but there are many others that I have used almost as much.

I agree that any VGT more than 2 weeks old nobody ever uses anymore, except the Chaparral. However, the free Mercedes Benz VGT is always a big hit

Of those choices I would have to say all. I don't care if a car is standard or premium nor do I care how much it is or isn't used by others online or off. There are lots of great cars in the game.

My most driven car is the Subaru GT300 Base Model but there are many others that I have used almost as much.[/QUOTE]
The Subaru GT300 seems like a cool car, I should buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The '03 Honda Accord Coupe can reach 500+ hp and is absolutely hilarious to use in free run lobbies as a sleeper.

I overtook a Huayra on a straight on Sierra, and he couldn't pass me again.
He rage quit afterwards, forever cementing my love for that car. :lol:
That car is a beast. I actually had it in GT4 and fully tuning it, making it go about 220 mph. In an online race a few months ago, I was in a 550pp lobby and that Honda Accord creamed everyone in that race, even an M3 GTR. That's what I mean when I say that standard cars are more powerful than people think.

I use a mix of Premium and Standard models. Of course I wish all were Premium but I wouldn't avoid using a car just because it's Standard. That seems like a huge waste when there are so many fantastic Standards.
Don't get me wrong, though. I like premium cars, and a lot of them are really cool. I just wish that people showed more appreciation for the standards.

Probably biased towards older cars from Older GT versions, and Not enjoying the "incar" part of the car So much of the appeal of a Premium is wasted effort on me. (Incar I feel like I am a 5'10" midget having to peer over the top of the wheel - In real life I get a sore head if I go over a bump.)

I like playing with no instruments no times no driver list or tyre candles or fuel gauges of rev counters or speedos (Budgie smugglers!)

Ryk
Probably biased towards older cars from Older GT versions, and Not enjoying the "incar" part of the car So much of the appeal of a Premium is wasted effort on me. (Incar I feel like I am a 5'10" midget having to peer over the top of the wheel - In real life I get a sore head if I go over a bump.)

I like playing with no instruments no times no driver list or tyre candles or fuel gauges of rev counters or speedos (Budgie smugglers!)
I see what you are saying about the interior of the standard cars. I agree that in premium cars, the driver does not look the right size.

Ryk
Oddly the model of the Lancia Stratos is oddly realistic of how I would look in one... with 2 inches of my head pushing up through the roof.
I honestly think the Lancia Stratos is a waste of money. You can get a car for a much lower price with better performance. However, I do like the body styling of the Stratos.

@SuzukaStar I've seen a few people around here mention the odyssey.

I started playing on another account recently and using the Mitsubishi Lancer, the 70's one. Trying to use cars that most people don't use.

Funny, I recently fully-tuned my 70's Lancer for drifting :D

Also customized the Subaru Legacy Blitzen.

I bet 99% of people here haven't raced these two cars:

Your videos are great! In GT4 I had the Audi A2, and it helped me win the Sunday Cup. I had an Odyssey in GT5 as a drift car.

Funny, I recently fully-tuned my 70's Lancer for drifting :D

Also customized the Subaru Legacy Blitzen.
I bought the classic lancer because of the chocolatey brown paint color, Aso Red. Never had a Blitzen though.

On the topic of classic Lancers, I have the 1974 Mitsubishi Lancer Rally Car. That thing is a beast, and won in the 500pp Rally Car Seasonal, even though the pp is way less. I highly recommend this car.

@SuzukaStar I've seen a few people around here mention the odyssey.

I started playing on another account recently and using the Mitsubishi Lancer, the 70's one. Trying to use cars that most people don't use.
I like that you are trying to buy cars that most people dont use. Do you have the 70's Lancer Rally Car?

Maybe best not to triple post
One thing missing from GT6 is the used car area

This aspect to previous games gave you a small selection of cars at "one day only" bargain prices. Often they highlighted cars that you would only see trawling through the dealerships.

GT6 and its Everything for sale all the time takes away much of the buzz of finding a hidden gem or picking the best car from a bad bunch.

Not too sure how you can replicate the old used car lucky bag of cars.

Ryk
Maybe best not to triple post
One thing missing from GT6 is the used car area

This aspect to previous games gave you a small selection of cars at "one day only" bargain prices. Often they highlighted cars that you would only see trawling through the dealerships.

GT6 and its Everything for sale all the time takes away much of the buzz of finding a hidden gem or picking the best car from a bad bunch.

Not too sure how you can replicate the old used car lucky bag of cars.
Yes, I really wish there was a used car dealership in GT6. Not only does it make car buying more interesting, there is actually car rarity. A Nissan Skyline may appear 80 times in 100 cycles, but an expensive Corvette race car may only appear once or twice.

Hi guys!

Have you ever noticed that only a small portion of all 1,199 cars in the game are used online? (ex: skylines, GTR, Aventadors, etc) What about all of the other cars?

That's because the fastest vehicles in whichever PP range are common knowledge at this point.

Well, this is the thread that appreciates all of GT6's forgotten cars. Did you know that my Alfa Romeo Brera creams all the cars in the 450pp Fuji Seasonal by at least 10 seconds...

There are a lot of cars that will do that with minimal tuning.

...and that Subaru Legacy wagon handles almost as good as a Lotus Elise?

Just tried it. I can safely report that the 1.5 ton AWD station wagon does not have similar handling characteristics or performance to the sub-ton MR sports car.

P.S.- My most driven car in this game is a 2000 Mercedes Benz CL600, and of course, I have never seen it online.

Because it's not one of the fastest vehicles in it's PP range.

I like that you are trying to buy cars that most people dont use. Do you have the 70's Lancer Rally Car?

Nope, not much rallying events in GT6 though, haven't considered what car I will use. The hardest to decide so far is one for 90's Japanese as most are popular and RWD,, tried getting one to handle both events. Ain't no 90's RWD Japanese car that I can think of that is no-to-low use.

People who answer with the fourth option are either enormously difficult to please or shouldn't be playing racing games. :lol:

I've got to say, I like most cars in the game. I haven't driven all of them (or anywhere close to that), but I do like all the varieties of car class, if you will, that are represented - it's one of PDI's strongest attributes. From LMPs to supercars, to hot hatches and right the way down to Kei cars, I can find a place in my garage for anything. :D

People who answer with the fourth option are either enormously difficult to please or shouldn't be playing racing games. :lol:

I've got to say, I like most cars in the game. I haven't driven all of them (or anywhere close to that), but I do like all the varieties of car class, if you will, that are represented - it's one of PDI's strongest attributes. From LMPs to supercars, to hot hatches and right the way down to Kei cars, I can find a place in my garage for anything. :D
If you're not a fan of the GT physics engine, 4 is an obvious option. I bought 350ish cars right away in GT6 using the VGT glitch, of which about 10 were standards, so my obvious preference was for premium cars.

While I've aimed at premiums, some top of the line cars are standard. My preference would be oddball.

Example: For premium lovers: you need to drive an Isuzu 4200R.

I've driven it so much in contrast to seeing it once online, that it's pretty much the SomePlayaDude only car. 800 miles and counting.

Another car I hardly see online is the XJ220. Come on! The original Hyper gets no love?!

Mind are just Ones I don't enjoy as much as others.

Stuff like my Avantime get used more than my Nismo GTR because I don't enjoy the Nismo too much.

Another series of car i dont see online hardly ever is the older skylines like the R30 and R31 and also the Vintage skylines as well like the 62, 67 and the 70.

Latest Posts

Back