Thoughts on VR Online Multi Player ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Zazza, May 10, 2020.

1. Zazza

Zazza

What are people’s thoughts, do you think VR online multiplayer will be achievable ?

klondike and Flagmo-T like this.
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool

I see no reason why not. The GPU has more than enough power to handle it. That was the issue with GTS, the PS4 couldn’t handle it.

FoRiZon, Blindside92 and Oswald07 like this.
  3. Zazza

Zazza

I hope so that would be amazing Ao looking forward to coming back to gaming

Oswald07 likes this.
  4. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

GT Sport could handle 1 vs 1 multiplayer if Kaz & PD would take the time to implement it. It already does 1 vs 1 with the A.I., so I'm kinda annoyed they didn't at least give us some bare minimum VR multiplayer. Even more so, now that DriveClub VR's servers are no longer available, leaving absolutely zero options for multiplayer track/open world VR racing on PS4. We do have Dirt Rally for some off-road action & WipEOut for some sci-fi, but really hoping all racing games offer VR support for the PS5 moving forward.

Oswald07, Flagmo-T and Zazza like this.
  5. MIE1992

MIE1992

I like the idea a lot, but I’m not sure how taxing it’d be - on PD’s development efforts, the PS5 itself, or the next game’s online infrastructure.

6. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

For online infrastructure it makes no difference. It only requires rendering on your own consoles. The servers don't need to know you are running VR.

PS5 should definitely be able to handle it at a reasonable resolution at high framerates. PS4 Pro would probably be able to handle it, but they can't have Pro exclusive features, and the standard PS4 is just barely too weak to run it.

SZRT Ice, Oswald07 and MIE1992 like this.
  7. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

Absolutely! I’m blown away with VR. Lap times are so much faster and with more control in VR. Vision is not obscured and should provide excellent racing.